PG Music Home
Posted By: mpmcgeehan Walk Away Real Slow - Video! - 05/12/22 01:08 PM
Hi All,

Been awhile since I Posted. Here is a duet I did with a friend of mine. She actually recorded her vocal in Pennsylvania and sent it to me here in Florida. First time I ever had a vocalist not present. She then flew down to record the video!

Used BIAB's Outback Country Ballad Style, Key of G, with a tempo of 75. Then added some additional instruments in Ableton during post-production. Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/DfSlGRNLeDk
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Walk Away Real Slow - Video! - 05/12/22 01:27 PM
Hello Michael and Rebecca
Very nice duet
I have not heard in the form here yet
Excellent sung and musically accompanied
In addition a very very good video
A guitar solo might have been the icing on the cake.
But really a great song
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Al-David Re: Walk Away Real Slow - Video! - 05/12/22 01:29 PM
Hi Michael ...

Lovely song and a very nice video. Well done in all respects. I enjoyed watching and listening very, very much. Professionally presented.

Alan
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Walk Away Real Slow - Video! - 05/12/22 01:55 PM
Both the song and the video have a very professional quality to them. I too think a guitar lead would sound good, but not sure where you would put it. It's already a fairly long song, but it didn't seem like it because it was captivating all the way through. Very impressive.
Posted By: Rick Hansen Re: Walk Away Real Slow - Video! - 05/15/22 01:10 PM
I liked it too. On my studio monitors the male vocal seem a bit washed out by the piano. The female track pops a bit more. Other than that it's a great mix and video.

I agree a guitar lead would blast this into space but I also don't know where to put it except maybe a call/response with a lead hook repeated. Thanks for posting this, the talent is obvious.

Rick
Posted By: Scott C Re: Walk Away Real Slow - Video! - 05/15/22 11:09 PM
Lovely song. Exceptional production on the video. I too think the male vocal should come forward a bit. Both vocals were excellent. Well done
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Walk Away Real Slow - Video! - 05/15/22 11:25 PM
Hi Michael,

Top vocal performances.

Yes I agree - you have a good voice so maybe louder and same reverb to match the female vocals.

Best Regards
Nigel
© PG Music Forums