PG Music Home
I would like to dedicate this song to all the world's celebrities with their constant idiotic drama who make our world such a more pleasant place to live, and also I would like to thank my buddy Elon Musk for buying Twitter.

My contribution to the Herb Hartley Rock Challenge.

Rotting in Hell

By David Snyder

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs3/rotting-in-hell

Inspired by World Events and Numerous Celebrities

V1

Oh I look around and I'm thunderstruck
so many woke people
don't give a fa........look! oh look!
Madonna says look at her nasty thang
I tell you this world is sickening
If you can't see it
you can tell it by the smell
everywhere I go people rotting in hell
oh yeah
rotting in hell!!!

V2

Too many dirty deeds done extra cheap
like the planet of the apes
on dirty sheets, oh yeah, do you want to yell
you're already blind just take a deep smell
can you tell by the smell it's a sewage well
just rotting
just rotting in hell
let it rock!

V3

Oh I look around and I'm thunderstruck
too many people don't give a....
Yeah!!!!!
Too many deeds
done dirt cheap!
Like the planet of the apes
on dirty sheets
Oh yeah!
If you can tell it by the look
you can tell it by the smell
Everywhere now everybody
Rotting in Hell
Can't You Tell
Where' already there
just rotting in helllllllll!!!

Words and Music by David Snyder
Copyright 2022
Day of Faith Records/ASCAP

All rights reserved

David Snyder: Rhythm and lead Guitar, vocals, additional instrumentation

RealTracks in style: 2611:Bass, Electric, UptempoSoul16ths Ev16 100
RealDrums in style:BluesRockFunky16ths^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Busy Snare, HiHat

Wow.... Just wow. It was with great fear and trepidation that I pressed the play button. What a wild crazy ride.

It was kind of a U2 sounding track with a cross between Geddy Lee and Brian Johnson singing.

I can only imagine what your wife was thinking if she was home when you were recording that.

Nicely done and a great challenger for the rock challenge.

How did you manage that feedback at the end? Sweet stuff.

You musta been wearing some really tight pants in order to sing that high. That's up in Robert Plant's range when he was a young man.
That hits the spot!

But I take it you weren't able to talk for a couple of days after recording this?

Rob
David,
I LOVE the oscillating guitar.
Something over on the left to fill in would be cool - a drone or dirty square wave. I thought that widening the guitar oscillation across the stereo image might work but then remembered that such fast movement would cause nausea.
The musical whirlwind above a rock solid rhythm section works REALLY well.
I like the vibe of the vocal performance and the distortion is perfect but a little work is needed.
HAHAA. I was right behind Herb on that fear of pushing play on this wild ride. Love the lyrics, and the synth sound you're getting out of your voice, David. This is most definitely a wild and crazy ride. Had to listen a couple times, and the second time I was in a hurry to push play.
Hilarious lyrics, so true and apt. That was fun, sounds like Miss Piggy is singing rock and that's a compliment for the great multi talent that can do anything he wants. Very original rock tune built from familiar ingredients. The bass fits like a glove and those whirling guitars sound great.

Janne
Killer tune David. You will have to rest your voice after that one. Loved the lyrics. Well done

Thanks Herb.

There was a trick to those vocals. It really wasn't as hard as you would think. I actually wasn't yelling. But I will never share my secret.

Okay, here is a secret hint. I actually had the mic gain turned all the way up and was standing really, really close to the mic, my lips almost touching it--and singing much quieter than I usually do, believe it or not. The rest was sorcery.

smile
David,
You got a talent for wild tunes. Fun.
"But I will never share my secret." Let me guess... Pinched yourself hard?
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie!

I was actually able to talk fine. I was nearly whispering in falsetto with the mic pre-amp turned up to 11. It only sounds like I'm screaming

It was an old AC/DC trick I learned from the boys.

smile

Well, nix that. Maybe they did scream. Never mind.
Thanks Ray, PM me on what you would tweak. Feel free.

The guitar oscillation part secret I can share. The riff I took from a kid on you tube showing how to play Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith. There is a cool riff where if you are playing a one finger barre on A (second fret) you just pull off from D to C# over and over. I made the riff my own by putting some added grooves to it, but it is basically 16th note pull offs and you can move the whole thing up and down the neck.

Run it though a Marshall or Marshall sim, add some metal distortion and stereo widener, and you got yourself some oscillation man. So there WAS some stereo widener in the rack mount sims that fed the cabinets, but narrow and tight, because you are right too much causes nausea.

smile

Misha,

OK ok I hit myself hard before I did it.

Did you have to drag it out of me like that. Couldn't you just let me keep my dignity???

smile
Man, that vocal is insane! Good lyrics, and I like that guitar part, very effective.

Wild stuff, I dig it!
HolyMolyRockNRolly!!!

Killer HardRock sound (one of the best ever on the forum I think).

LOVE that vocal! (Hey!, where are the harmonies???)

The drums need to be a little louder. The rest of the mix is PureRockNRoll...

Most Excellent!

fj
What Janne said +1

Help! We can’t stop banging our heads. smile

Mercifully we turned down the monitors before playing!

Your ability to re-invent yourself seems boundless.

Cool!

J&B

Thanks Marty! I am so glad you liked it!

Yeah the vocal is layered with effects on top of effects so I like how you compare it to a synth.

It kinda is man!

smile
Yikes! I had to hold on to something sturdy for that one! LOL!

Awesome David!

Bob
Hi David
Cool job ;-)
If AC/DC ever need a replacement for Brian Johnson again,
you are surely an insider tip ;-)))
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks Janne.

I have NEVER been compared to Miss Piggy before, so that has to be some kind of a message from above.

What kind of message I am not sure.

smile

Anyway, thanks and I am glad it made you laugh at least.

Thanks Dave! I am glad you liked it!

smile
David,

This pretty much nails it and sums it up for me! It's a sad state we have devolved to! On a more positive note, I've got to say you are one of the most creative dudes I know! Keep on rockin'

T

Thanks Scott!

Well, I am all rested up and ready to scream some more now!

Thanks Floyd!

I am giving you my best Wayne's World nod right now!

Aerosmith is in our breakfast nook! We are not worthy!!

smile

Thanks J&B,

But don't give yourself whiplash.

Careful now!!

smile
Loved those lyrics, they are spot on

Super backing tracks

Punk rocker type vocals

Loved it
Thanks Mario!

smile
© PG Music Forums