PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane Breaking Yet - 05/22/22 04:48 PM
Just another heartbreak song...

Janice Merritt helps out with harmonies.

BREAKING YET

that book you never finished
is on the night stand by the bed
fragments of our last conversation
still swirl inside my head

there's so much about you
i still miss
like that little half smile you'd get
as you leaned in for a kiss

moment by moment
   i'm drowning in regret
   slowly suffocating
   my heart is breaking yet

in a million little pieces
but it won't let go
still hoping you'll reconsider
and walk back through that door

moment by moment...

i know it's foolish
but i call your number one more time
again, i get that message
the only words that i can find are...

moment by moment...

The BAND bits:

RealTracks in song: 1825:Bass, Electric, PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 1837:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGrooveHeld Ev16 075
RealTracks in song: 3169:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm Slow12-8ArpTremoloBrent Sw 040
RealTracks in song: 634:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120 (B:8ths)
RealTracks in song: 2692:Organ, Rhythm ModernPopSlowMike Ev 075
Royalty Free Loops
Harmonies - the janettes (Janice Merritt and me)
(thanks! Sis)

Thanks for listening.
Comments of an kind...
Have at it.

fj
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Breaking Yet - 05/22/22 05:50 PM
A new release from you is a lot like eating at a five star restaurant and getting a generous portion of the establishment's signature meal. Here's another fine offering of top arrangement, production, composition and performance from Floyd.

Charlie
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Breaking Yet - 05/22/22 06:16 PM

Yes, what Charlie said. Exactly.

You have a really fine style that is always recognizable as your own. Expectations are always met and the ear is always pleased, the heart engaged.

smile
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Breaking Yet - 05/22/22 08:51 PM
FJ + Janice
Powerful slower tempo song. Excellent, deep vocals and smooth harmonies. Ace work on the drums (I assume these are the loops?) and overall production is a very PRO level. Solid collaboration. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: rayc Re: Breaking Yet - 05/23/22 02:56 AM
Floyd,
the delivery of
"i still miss"
says it all for me.
You know when & how.
Excellent mic technique doesn't go astray either.
Janice's harmonies with you have that sibling thing.
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Breaking Yet - 05/23/22 03:06 AM
This is a great track Floyd.
Lyrically, musically, vocally and production-wise it's top-notch. The harmony with Janice is great too.
Love that baritone guitar RealTrack.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: rsdean Re: Breaking Yet - 05/23/22 07:02 AM
Floyd / Janice,

Great, great song... A beautifully constructed and produced track.

You two bring it home every time.

Loved it!

Bob
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Breaking Yet - 05/23/22 10:41 AM
Really nice work. Excellent job on the writing, singing, recording, and mix.

What's not to like about one of your songs? You generally check all the right boxes and this one is no exception to that rule.

Quite an enjoyable listen.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Breaking Yet - 05/23/22 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ + Janice
Powerful slower tempo song. Excellent, deep vocals and smooth harmonies. Ace work on the drums (I assume these are the loops?) and overall production is a very PRO level. Solid collaboration. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thank you for mentioning my small part in this lovely production!

Janice
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Breaking Yet - 05/23/22 10:36 PM
What a great use of a great hook! Fantastic vocals to match!
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Breaking Yet - 05/24/22 09:35 AM
Hi Floyd & Janice
Good song
Great vocal work and an excellent sound
Ok, no solo ;-) but still a great song
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Breaking Yet - 05/24/22 10:34 AM
i cant really add much as its all been said.
cept well done and kudos.

great harmonies. you sir are a great talent.

best
om
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Breaking Yet - 05/24/22 10:47 AM
Thanks, Floyd and Janice. "Beautiful heartbreak" is no longer an oxymoron, but an apt description of the magic you guys bring out with this song. Floyd you check all of the boxes in writing, producing and presenting such fine quality. I'm really looking forward to an 8-hour driving trip alone tomorrow. You'll both be with me to shorten the distance and make the inevitable road delays bearable. Stopped in traffic, I'll roll down the window and won't be surprise if many will leave their cars and dance to the music.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 05/24/22 05:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
A new release from you is a lot like eating at a five star restaurant and getting a generous portion of the establishment's signature meal. Here's another fine offering of top arrangement, production, composition and performance from Floyd.

Charlie

Nice of you to say, Charlie. Much appreciated...
Posted By: DrDan Re: Breaking Yet - 05/25/22 10:49 AM
So FJ, there is certainly a common theme in your music. Will that broken heart ever heal?
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Breaking Yet - 05/25/22 01:09 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Floyd,
the delivery of
"i still miss" says it all for me.
You know when & how.

Ray, I couldn't agree with you more about floyd, or as I often call him, "big brother." From the very first time that I sang harmony with him years ago I knew I'd found my brother in music. Every time I'd play one of those harmony songs for my Mama she would say, "he sounds like one of us, doesn't he?"

His phrasing is just plain perfect too!

Thanks,

Janice
Posted By: firesong Re: Breaking Yet - 05/25/22 01:40 PM
Floyd....Wow! what a great piece of music...I think this is my favorite song of yours I've heard and that's saying a lot...the lyrics are exquisite and the delivery and vocals are so good! your use of BiaB is flawless...this is so pro sounding and I hope it finds it's way to some producer somewhere...this is the quality of song and type of production that most of us aim for but haven't hit yet...bullseye!
Posted By: RnAM Re: Breaking Yet - 05/25/22 07:55 PM
Wow, I felt that one!

Beautiful composition and very well sung (love the harmonies!).

Rob
Posted By: PeterF Re: Breaking Yet - 05/25/22 08:00 PM
floyd

Simply beautiful. A great production and as usual you and Janice harmonize perfectly and sound great together.

The mix is superb as the backing.

Wonderful song.

Peter
Posted By: Scott C Re: Breaking Yet - 05/25/22 08:36 PM
Lovely song Floyd. Loved the backing track. Beautiful vocal and lyric. Janice's harmonies were excellent as well. +1 what Rob said. Really felt the emotion of the song..
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Breaking Yet - 05/26/22 05:43 PM
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Lyrically, musically, vocally and production-wise it's top-notch. The harmony with Janice is great too.
Cheers,
Mike

Thank you Mike!

Janice
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 05/27/22 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Yes, what Charlie said. Exactly.

You have a really fine style that is always recognizable as your own. Expectations are always met and the ear is always pleased, the heart engaged.

smile

Thanks, David!!!

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ + Janice

Misha.

Much appreciated, Misha....
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Breaking Yet - 05/28/22 08:00 AM
Excellent, floyd!

Man, that vocal ... sublime. Love it when Janice comes in too, such a great blend of voices!

Just a beautiful song with top notch production and pro quality mix. As all your songs are! wink
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Breaking Yet - 05/28/22 09:11 AM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd / Janice,

Loved it!

Bob
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

What's not to like about one of your songs? You generally check all the right boxes and this one is no exception to that rule.

Originally Posted By: Dewey_MI

Thanks y’all for the vocal comments!

Janice
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Breaking Yet - 05/28/22 09:52 AM
Hi Floyd,

I enjoyed your heartbraking song a lot! And I read all the posts on it and can only admit what was written.
You are at your very, very best with these heartbraking themes. Like it's your own personal experience.
You are -to me- a master on these kind of lyrics.
Nothing I just wrote is new to you. I wrote most of it before (except that 'master' thing)...

I almost forgot to mention how I liked the chorusses and harmonies with Janice. They sound so powerfull. A golden choice!

I conclude, quoting a comment from Dave: Top notch!

Hans
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 05/28/22 03:57 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Floyd,
the delivery of
"i still miss"
says it all for me.
You know when & how.

Thanks, ray....

Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Cheers,
Mike

Thanks, Mike....
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Breaking Yet - 05/28/22 07:18 PM
Floyd
You make hurting sound real and beautiful; this is another fine write with excellent vocals ( lovely harmonies, Janice!) and impeccable production values.
Very very good.

Robert
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 05/29/22 12:38 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd / Janice,

Loved it!

Bob

Appreciate that, Bob....

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Thanks, Herb!!...
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Breaking Yet - 05/29/22 03:11 PM
Beautiful song Floyd! Great title! Perfect backing on every instrument! Really liked the piano sound! Janice really knows how to compliment your lead vocal...sitting perfectly in there without overpowering you! Another FJ classic!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: musician17 Re: Breaking Yet - 05/29/22 04:48 PM
STANDING OVATION, and I'm only at the first chorus, so far (as I type). WOW.

Janice is the icing on the cake.

BRAVI, BRAVI, BRAVI. You ought to frame this one. One of your very best, without question. Glad I stopped by to listen.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Breaking Yet - 05/30/22 01:54 PM
Hi FloyD the Dynamics are very powerful in this. as well as the vocals and writing and mix its very memorable loved it. thanks for sharing Eric
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 05/30/22 05:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Dewey_MI

Thanks, Dewey....

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Floyd & Janice
Good song
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks, Andi...
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Breaking Yet - 05/30/22 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Floyd & Janice
Good song
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso

best
om

Thanks guys!

Janice
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 05/31/22 09:52 AM
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso

best
om

om - thanks....

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Thanks, Floyd and Janice. "Beautiful heartbreak" is no longer an oxymoron, but an apt description of the magic you guys bring out with this song. Floyd you check all of the boxes in writing, producing and presenting such fine quality. I'm really looking forward to an 8-hour driving trip alone tomorrow. You'll both be with me to shorten the distance and make the inevitable road delays bearable. Stopped in traffic, I'll roll down the window and won't be surprise if many will leave their cars and dance to the music.

smile - hope you had a good trip!!! smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Breaking Yet - 06/02/22 08:14 AM

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic

Originally Posted By: firesong
Floyd....Wow! what a great piece of music...I think this is my favorite song of yours I've heard and that's saying a lot...the lyrics are exquisite and the delivery and vocals are so good! your use of BiaB is flawless...this is so pro sounding and I hope it finds it's way to some producer somewhere...this is the quality of song and type of production that most of us aim for but haven't hit yet...bullseye!

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Wow, I felt that one!

Rob

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Simply beautiful. A great production and as usual you and Janice harmonize perfectly and sound great together.

Wonderful song.

Peter

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Lovely song Floyd. Loved the backing track. Beautiful vocal and lyric. Janice's harmonies were excellent as well. +1 what Rob said. Really felt the emotion of the song..

Thanks y’all for mentioning my small part!

Janice
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 06/03/22 05:16 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
So FJ, there is certainly a common theme in your music. Will that broken heart ever heal?

If it did, what would I write about??? smile
Thanks for having a listen, Dan...

Originally Posted By: firesong

Thanks, Dan. I really appreciate that....

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Wow, I felt that one!

Rob

Thanks for the nice comments, Rob...
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Breaking Yet - 06/04/22 09:32 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Excellent, floyd!

Man, that vocal ... sublime. Love it when Janice comes in too, such a great blend of voices!

Just a beautiful song with top notch production and pro quality mix. As all your songs are! wink

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Floyd,

I enjoyed your heartbraking song a lot! And I read all the posts on it and can only admit what was written.
You are at your very, very best with these heartbraking themes. Like it's your own personal experience.
Nothing I just wrote is new to you. I wrote most of it before (except that 'master' thing)...

I almost forgot to mention how I liked the chorusses and harmonies with Janice. They sound so powerfull. A golden choice!

Hans

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd
You make hurting sound real and beautiful; this is another fine write with excellent vocals ( lovely harmonies, Janice!) and impeccable production values.
Very very good.

Robert

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Beautiful song Floyd! Great title! Perfect backing on every instrument! Really liked the piano sound! Janice really knows how to compliment your lead vocal...sitting perfectly in there without overpowering you! Another FJ classic!

Thanks, Torrey

I really do appreciate you all mentioning the harmony. There is so much to like about this song and I much enjoyed participating!

Janice
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 06/04/22 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Wonderful song.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!

Originally Posted By: Scott C

Thanks, Scott...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Excellent, floyd!

Thanks, as always, Dave...

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Floyd,

Hans

Still appreciated, Hans...

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd
Very very good.

Robert

Appreciate that, Robert...

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss

Thanks, Torrey

Thanks, Torrey...

Originally Posted By: musician17

BRAVI, BRAVI, BRAVI. You ought to frame this one. One of your very best, without question. Glad I stopped by to listen.

Thanks for stopping by, James. Thanks for the nice comments...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 06/04/22 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hi FloyD the Dynamics are very powerful in this. as well as the vocals and writing and mix its very memorable loved it. thanks for sharing Eric

Thanks for having a listen, Eric...

Janice - As always...a HUGE "thank you" for being my musical sister!!!
(and Bud, thanks for helping out...)
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Breaking Yet - 06/05/22 07:53 PM
A fine example of lyric writing: saying what needs to be said with no extraneous verbiage. Beautifully produced and performed. Nice one!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Breaking Yet - 06/06/22 05:54 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17

Thanks for mentioning the harmony. I think I might have been a small layer in the cake!

Janice
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Breaking Yet - 06/06/22 06:29 PM
Gosh, Floyd. This sure has a wonderful sound. Good writing and well sung by both you and Janice. Overall sound though is fantastic. Very professional sound to it and really like you ended it.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Breaking Yet - 06/09/22 06:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Gosh, Floyd. This sure has a wonderful sound. Good writing and well sung by both you and Janice. Overall sound though is fantastic. Very professional sound to it and really like you ended it.

Thank you!

Janice
Posted By: dani48 Re: Breaking Yet - 06/09/22 06:30 PM
Hi, Floyd !

I hope you´ll never break !
This is a most fantastic tune
and so beautifully sung by you
and Janice ! I think this must
be one of your absolute best
at least for me !

cheers
Dani
Posted By: MarioD Re: Breaking Yet - 06/09/22 07:55 PM
Man, you two are so good together

Excellent vocals and harmonies

Outstanding lyrics

Perfect backing band and mix

Loved it
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Breaking Yet - 06/13/22 12:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
A fine example of lyric writing: saying what needs to be said with no extraneous verbiage. Beautifully produced and performed. Nice one!

Thanks, Scott. Couldn't ask for nicer comments...

Originally Posted By: Brad Williams

Thanks, Brad!!

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd !

I hope you´ll never break !
This is a most fantastic tune
and so beautifully sung by you
and Janice ! I think this must
be one of your absolute best
at least for me !

cheers
Dani

Always good to see you, Dani...