PG Music Home
Charlene and I wrote this heart tugging traditional style country song as a Memorial Salute to Gold Star Families. It tells a parent's point of view of losing a son in our military who fought for our country and gave his life. It could apply to a daughter as well. It's a sad yet hopeful song about the pain of losing a child to the ultimate sacrifice of war and hanging on to the hope of meeting again in heaven. We hope it moves and comforts you. To all our veterans and their families. We humbly thank you for your service and courage. We had hoped to get this done by Memorial Day but in reality for families of the fallen who experience this kind of loss - every day is memorial day.
God bless you! Thank you for watching/listening. Josie and Charlene

https://youtu.be/1qbEQWkH8AY

Lyrics are in the video. I'll be back with RT info.
Wow, this a wonderful morning for chills in listening to some great music. First, Janice sings Gershwin, and now Josie and Charlene in this heartfelt masterpiece. Every Gold Star family should hear this. I'm also glad you included daughters. The vocals sound so good, and I really like the country band you've selected. So well done.
We appreciate that very much coming from you Marty.
Thank you.
Well done Charlene and Josie!
Moving and beautiful Josie...

Bob
What a great tribute Josie! These are the true heroes who deserve our respect and honor! Great songwriting from you and your writing partner!

On a technical note, are you using a de-esser? It sounds like it may be cutting off some your s's a bit much for future reference! Just a minor thing that I noticed.

Josie, it's a great song that deserves lots of listens!

Thanks, Torrey
There's no pain like that of losing a child. It's something you never get over.

Both in the theater of war and on the home front as well. A good band buddy of mine had his daughter commit suicide when she returned home from the Gulf War.

Nicely done on the song. That's a hard topic to write about in a convincing manner without going off the tracks on either side.
Howdy Josie....

A well recorded & sincerely performed song.
Emotional subject to write about, no doubt.
Easy for this old bird to relate to.

Well done.

(That picture is a famous one from the Viet Nam era. Me....USMC '65-'69)

Have a great day everyone....
A heart-felt song, a heart-wrenching subject.
Josie and Charlene, I can't speak for all Gold Star families, but as a Gold Star dad myself, I appreciate the song and the efforts taken to write it. It brought back some memories. I actually moved from the town I brought my boy up in, because I could still see him on every corner. The song is very nicely done and I'm sure it will touch some people much more than you could know or could be explained. Thanks.
You have a nice smooth and soothing tone to your voice.

Nice tribute.

Wow Josie! This is incredible!

Very beautiful and extremely well done. I always look forward to your songs!

Hope you are doing great these days! Let me know!

smile
A gripping subject but an excellent and moving performance.

Charlie
I could not imagine how devastating experience it would be to lose a child. A life time of heartache. Awesome heartfelt vocal Josie. Well done
Hi Josie and Charlene
Great song
This song is worthy of sem occasion for which it is intended
Great work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Very few songs give me goosebumps and tears

This song did just that

A very delicate subject sung with respect and emotion

I can only guess how it must feel to lose a child

Loved it
Dave, Bob, Torrey and Herb,

Thank each of you very much. It's been a very emotional song to work on.

Josie and Charlene
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Howdy Josie....

A well recorded & sincerely performed song.
Emotional subject to write about, no doubt.
Easy for this old bird to relate to.

Well done.

(That picture is a famous one from the Viet Nam era. Me....USMC '65-'69)

Have a great day everyone....

Thank you very much. I blurred out the face and hands on that picture so it could be anyone - like the unknown soldier. I once loved a small town boy who went off to serve in Vietnam - I went alone to my senior prom and prayed every night he'd make it home. He'd send me cassette tapes just talking and sometimes I would hear the bullets whiz by. He was shot but he lived thank God. It didn't work out for us but I'll always remember the intense feelings from those days. Josie
A beautiful tribute Josie and Charlene.

This seems like one of those songs it is hard to sing without crying.

Excellent mix.

Well done.

J&B
Nice work Josie and excellent use of the pedal steel RT.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A heart-felt song, a heart-wrenching subject.

Thanks FJ
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Josie and Charlene, I can't speak for all Gold Star families, but as a Gold Star dad myself, I appreciate the song and the efforts taken to write it. It brought back some memories. I actually moved from the town I brought my boy up in, because I could still see him on every corner. The song is very nicely done and I'm sure it will touch some people much more than you could know or could be explained. Thanks.

Brad, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you and God bless you.

Josie
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
You have a nice smooth and soothing tone to your voice.

Nice tribute.

Thank you very much. So do you. smile

Josie
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Wow Josie! This is incredible!

Very beautiful and extremely well done. I always look forward to your songs!

Hope you are doing great these days! Let me know!

smile

Thank you David. I'll send you a pm.
Josie, nice sentiment. If I may, who is Charlene? I like the mix.
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
A gripping subject but an excellent and moving performance.

Charlie

Thank you Charlie.
© PG Music Forums