PG Music Home
Here is a new song from Robert and myself. The song originated from my Instrumental Turn It Up.

On a shuttle to the nearest exoplanet, earth has disappeared from view. How does a colonist who will never see either the old or new worlds again spend their time? VR travelling through earth, nature`s subtle colours look ever more lovely.

Viridian

Lyrics:
Viridian

I`m tired of silence
Ai tyrants
autonomous food
comes from a tube

the earth went dark
on our Interstellar Ark
cargo of hope
so heavy I scope

on the Atlas Visor
are there survivors
it seems so real
remember to feel

at furthest north on Virtual Earth
the compass needle spins
round a fallen world that might have been
my viridian

propulsion gulfs the nuclear pulse
tune my string to the hum and sing
sing to empty heavens
my oh my viridian
in blues and greens let my dreams come

the pixels fade
hard truths I evade
Proxima B
I`ll never see

from Paris to Rome
far as my mind can go
still hold dear
a bluegreen sphere

at furthest north on Virtual Earth
the compass needle spins
round a fallen world that might have been
my viridian

propulsion gulfs the nuclear pulse
tune my string to the hum and sing
sing to empty heavens
my oh my viridian
in blues and greens let my dreams come

© Robert Cordrey May 2022

Band:
Style is _SZHONKY.STY (Stonez Honky)

RealTracks in style: ~~387:Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~496:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm StoneZ Honky 1 Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~502:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm StoneZ Honky 2 Ev 120
RealDrums in style:NashvilleEven8^8-a:Snare, HiHat Open , b:Snare, Ride
RT3230_Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin Ev16 _0
RT3231_Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldHighDarin Ev16_0
4044-Sitar__0

Vocals and lyrics: Robert C
Guitar and Synths: Scott C
Drums-Tabla16ths_0

Soundcloud is doing laps and the tune doesn't arrive. Bummer.
Sounds great to me. Cool Collab on all levels. I like it.

Josie
Ah, I returned and it's running as it should.
The intro guitar tone is a good match for the sitar - or visa versa though the scale sounds a little more S.E.Asian.
The lead from 3.55 seems slightly out of synch but the switch to sitar leaves that as insignificant.
I suspect some lyrics are missing & a possible typo at grope.
The tabla as the propulsion device works really well.
Good stuff.
Had a listen over on FB a while back while I was having my first coffee of the morning wink

Cool song, nice arrangement, good guitar work (love that repeating melodic theme!), excellent vocal.

Great stuff Robert and Scott, you two always come up with interesting music and this is no exception.
Originally Posted By: rayc
Ah, I returned and it's running as it should.
The intro guitar tone is a good match for the sitar - or visa versa though the scale sounds a little more S.E.Asian.
The lead from 3.55 seems slightly out of synch but the switch to sitar leaves that as insignificant.
I suspect some lyrics are missing & a possible typo at grope.
The tabla as the propulsion device works really well.
Good stuff.

Thanks Ray. I have updated the lyrics in the original post. Thanks for checking out the song and commenting. Glad you liked the song
Scott and Robert

Cool concept tune! Love that far east vibe floating along with the track! I think this is probably my favorite of all your collab songs! Roberts vocals are perfect for this tune! Scott, that clean sound on the guitar really suits this one well! Sad that SoundCloud wouldn't let me leave a comment due to technical issues! Just an enjoyable listen!

Thanks, Torrey
Scott...great arrangement and overall sound is very cool!...love the sitar and the synths...your guitar work is stellar as usual.
Robert & Scott...

Love this!

Might be my favorite Robert lyric ever.
SUPER cool BAND. Spacey and Rhythmic. Perfect.
Scott's guitar compliments the tune and band. Nice.
Robert's vocal work perfectly.
Good mix.

One of your best.

fj
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Sounds great to me. Cool Collab on all levels. I like it.

Josie

Thanks Josie for checking out the song. Your comments are very much appreciated. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Had a listen over on FB a while back while I was having my first coffee of the morning wink

Cool song, nice arrangement, good guitar work (love that repeating melodic theme!), excellent vocal.

Great stuff Robert and Scott, you two always come up with interesting music and this is no exception.

Thanks Dave . Really glad you liked the song. Was really happy to have Robert turn on off my instrumental into this very cool song.
Robert & Scott
Neat collaboration. East meets the West. Cool instrumental choices.
Scotts guitar a perfect fit. Lyrics are great, so are the vocals, but I do wish they (vocals) would be a little more upfront. Listens well. Thank you for sharing.
Misha
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Scott and Robert

Cool concept tune! Love that far east vibe floating along with the track! I think this is probably my favorite of all your collab songs! Roberts vocals are perfect for this tune! Scott, that clean sound on the guitar really suits this one well! Sad that SoundCloud wouldn't let me leave a comment due to technical issues! Just an enjoyable listen!

Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey for checking out the song. Robert made some changes to the original track and gave the song this east-west feel. Really glad you were able to get Soundcloud to work and also glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Scott...great arrangement and overall sound is very cool!...love the sitar and the synths...your guitar work is stellar as usual.

Thanks Dan for checking out the song. Glad you like the mix of instruments. We like tp experiment with genres. Glad you liked the song.
Well, this is different from a lot of other songs!
Keeps you listening.
Great music and vocals.
Well done.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Huh, haven't heard the word viridian since art classes at school. Back then I was also reading a lot of science fiction. Possibly Robert was too. Evocative and intriguing lyrics as always. Sitar is a nice touch. Vocals and guitar good as always. I like it.
Regards,
Leon
In some of the native "Eskimo" languages there is something like 39 different words for the word white. Viridian is such a beautiful color, it's a shame to just call it green. Man, I love this song and the fact that you and Robert are once again bringing up the spirit level. I dig the sitar, but, man, your guitar soars and steals the show. This song is out of this world. Robert your singing is superb. What a wonderful sound. What a good team.
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Robert & Scott...

Love this!

Might be my favorite Robert lyric ever.
SUPER cool BAND. Spacey and Rhythmic. Perfect.
Scott's guitar compliments the tune and band. Nice.
Robert's vocal work perfectly.
Good mix.

One of your best.

fj

Thanks so much Floyd for checking out the song. Was a real treat for me for Robert to convert this into a song with lyric and vocal. Really glad you like the song.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Robert & Scott
Neat collaboration. East meets the West. Cool instrumental choices.
Scotts guitar a perfect fit. Lyrics are great, so are the vocals, but I do wish they (vocals) would be a little more upfront. Listens well. Thank you for sharing.
Misha

Thanks Misha really glad you liked the song. Thanks for checking it out.
As Scott said:"Robert made some changes to the original track and gave the song this east-west feel"- Scott`s original Stones style instrumental was recent enough and strong enough I made a conscious effort to go in another direction while keeping the guitar melody unchanged.
I`d already written lyrics around the colours-from-space-theme after seeing "Viridian" on a business sign and realizing I had no idea what it meant.

Thanks to all for listens and comments!

Robert
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Well, this is different from a lot of other songs!
Keeps you listening.
Great music and vocals.
Well done.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie. Your support and comments are very much appreciated. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Huh, haven't heard the word viridian since art classes at school. Back then I was also reading a lot of science fiction. Possibly Robert was too. Evocative and intriguing lyrics as always. Sitar is a nice touch. Vocals and guitar good as always. I like it.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon for checking out the song. Really glad you liked it.
That east meets west is a great concept that you all mixed to perfection

Super guitar leads and vocals

Great use of that sitar

Excellent drums

Two thumbs up
This is more than superb. This is, dare I say it, extraordinary. Made me sit up from the first few notes. A beautiful, relevant message, too. Robert's voice is SO sensitive - one of my absolute favourite voices on here. Scott's accompaniment playing is beautiful and unobtrusive, understated, but quietly beautiful, also. The whole song is so beautifully hypnotic, atmospheric, yet direct, sensitive and also relevant, all at the same time. What an achievement.

One of the most beautiful songs to grace this site in ages - and, since the standard on here is always so blooming high, this is quite the compliment, from me. Sincerest congratulations, glad to see you both back on here and working together again. More, please.
This East meets West vibe y’all created gives such a “happy” feeling.
Janice said she gets the same vibe when she hears Jerry Garcia’s guitar playing ... and that is good!

We both love reading science fiction novels and this lyric had us thinking about some of our favs.

Cool band you’ve assembled - love the sitar.

Robert’s vocals and Scott’s guitar sound great, as does the mix.

Robert, we really like the vocal range exploration you have going here.

Far out!

J&B
Scott & Robert

Extremely evocative, and a really well constructed band.

Love the sitar and guitar playing. Excellent vocal and lyric.

Top notch song.

Peter
Many thanks for your listens and generous comments, folks-its been awhile for me since a song took so much time to produce, and, thanks to Scott, the process was most enjoyable.

Robert
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
In some of the native "Eskimo" languages there is something like 39 different words for the word white. Viridian is such a beautiful color, it's a shame to just call it green. Man, I love this song and the fact that you and Robert are once again bringing up the spirit level. I dig the sitar, but, man, your guitar soars and steals the show. This song is out of this world. Robert your singing is superb. What a wonderful sound. What a good team.

Thanks Marty. Really appreciate your comments and support for our music. Really glad you liked the sitar. I was first introduced to this kind of music from Mr. Harrison. It does have a special place in my heart. Really glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
That east meets west is a great concept that you all mixed to perfection

Super guitar leads and vocals

Great use of that sitar

Excellent drums

Two thumbs up

Thanks Mario for checking out the song. Really appreciate the comments and glad you liked the song
Nice song, great arrageament, like his song.

Jona
Hello Scott and Robert
Very good song
Excellent sung
And of course excellent guitar work
All in all a great music experience
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Originally Posted By: musician17
This is more than superb. This is, dare I say it, extraordinary. Made me sit up from the first few notes. A beautiful, relevant message, too. Robert's voice is SO sensitive - one of my absolute favourite voices on here. Scott's accompaniment playing is beautiful and unobtrusive, understated, but quietly beautiful, also. The whole song is so beautifully hypnotic, atmospheric, yet direct, sensitive and also relevant, all at the same time. What an achievement.

One of the most beautiful songs to grace this site in ages - and, since the standard on here is always so blooming high, this is quite the compliment, from me. Sincerest congratulations, glad to see you both back on here and working together again. More, please.

Thank you James for the comments on the song. Robert and I really appreciate the kind words. We are happy to be making music again together. Really glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
This East meets West vibe y’all created gives such a “happy” feeling.
Janice said she gets the same vibe when she hears Jerry Garcia’s guitar playing ... and that is good!

We both love reading science fiction novels and this lyric had us thinking about some of our favs.

Cool band you’ve assembled - love the sitar.

Robert’s vocals and Scott’s guitar sound great, as does the mix.

Robert, we really like the vocal range exploration you have going here.

Far out!

J&B

Thanks Janice and Bud. Robert and I loved mixing up the real track instruments with the different style to come up with different songs. Really glad you liked the song.
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott & Robert

Extremely evocative, and a really well constructed band.

Love the sitar and guitar playing. Excellent vocal and lyric.

Top notch song.

Peter

Thanks Peter for checking out the song. Robert added the sitar and setup the intro for the song. Gave the song a total different feel from the original instrumental. Glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted By: JONA
Nice song, great arrageament, like his song.

Jona

Thanks Jona for checking out the song and commenting. Glad you liked the song
This sounds cool. The guitar, backing tracks, melody, vocal, and brilliant lyrics. This was a joy to listen to.
Imaginative and original subject.
Lovely percussions, the drum selection is also very good. The sitar creates very cool otherworldly mood. The melody is very strong and has my favorite Celtic vibe which is supported by Scott's guitar playing at its best. Enjoyed also Robert's warm vocal and the spacious mix.

Janne
Spirit Level,

An interesting sound and concept . . . cool vocals, which really keep the ear engaged, and stellar, slick guitar solos . . . sweet stuff all around. Nice collaboration, boys!

All my best,

Deej
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Scott and Robert
Very good song
Excellent sung
And of course excellent guitar work
All in all a great music experience
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks Andi for checking out the song. Your comments are very much appreciated

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
This sounds cool. The guitar, backing tracks, melody, vocal, and brilliant lyrics. This was a joy to listen to.

Thanks Scott for checking out the song. Really glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Imaginative and original subject.
Lovely percussions, the drum selection is also very good. The sitar creates very cool otherworldly mood. The melody is very strong and has my favorite Celtic vibe which is supported by Scott's guitar playing at its best. Enjoyed also Robert's warm vocal and the spacious mix.

Janne

Thanks Janne for checking out the song. Really glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Deej56
Spirit Level,

An interesting sound and concept . . . cool vocals, which really keep the ear engaged, and stellar, slick guitar solos . . . sweet stuff all around. Nice collaboration, boys!

All my best,

Deej

Thanks Deej REally glad you liked the song. Your comments are very much appreciated.
© PG Music Forums