PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Lost Love - 06/22/22 04:21 PM
Lost Love

A different kind of blues song about a love long lost.

BiaB style = 80s Pop Ballad Piano - All MIDI
Tempo = 85BPM

I deleted the bass.
Piano - Keys of the 70's - preset Stage Mark 73 Full
Guitar - I split the guitar track into two different tracks, one with the arpeggios and one for the chords
Guitar 1 - Kontakt - finger pick - preset nylon guitar
Guitar 2 - UVI Workstation - DS90s preset Smooth and Dark
Strings - Kontakt - Kirt Hunter - virtuosos strings

I am playing the lead guitar and fretless bass and via my wind controller the blues harp.

FX - reverb on all but the kick drum, snare, and bass guitar
Waves' CDA on all drums, cymbals, shaker, and tambourine
Delay on the blues harp and lead guitar
Amplitube 5 on the lead guitar and bass
Compression on the Master
Posted By: firesong Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 01:46 AM
Mario...this has some real interesting movements in it...love the staccato strings and then how it morphs into the smoother strings....love the melody that the guitar takes...soundtrack for sure...nice ending with the harp in vibrato...great listen my friend!
Posted By: rsdean Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 07:07 AM
Mario,

Love the ethereal vibe... The production is outstanding!

Bob
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 09:49 AM
Mario,

Interesting. Cool.

Nice production. Good mix.

Well done.

fj
Posted By: RnAM Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 09:50 AM
Nice work Mario! At first, it sounded a little like the music they play in Chinese restaurants here in the Netherlands. But then pretty soon that blues harp set in which lifted it to a higher level immediately. And a little later followed by a really neat guitar solo.

Wonderful and very atmospheric!

Rob
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 10:06 AM
Sweetly soaring sounds, Mario. There is sadness in losing that love, but it seems through the sounds that there was a very positive benefit of the experience. Not sure any of that means anything, but it's as if I don't feel sadness for the loser but happiness for the gifts of the encounter. Speaking of gifts... you, sir, have a ton. Thanks for sharing them.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 11:36 AM
Mario

This sure is a lovely song! That harp sounds wonderful and is this perfect addition to set the mood for the tune! Your work with the strings is super...love those stab parts that change into the smooth flowing scenes! Great job on the guitar also! Your tunes always have such an appealing melodic structure!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 12:34 PM
That is a fascinating production.

I see that Torrey has already mentioned the "stab" section but it is very effective in transitioning the vibe.

The melodic guitar is lovely and a fretless bass is always good. Jack Bruce got me hooked on them years ago.

Excellent performances on everything you played and a nice mix to boot.

We enjoyed it.

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 04:10 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Mario...this has some real interesting movements in it...love the staccato strings and then how it morphs into the smoother strings....love the melody that the guitar takes...soundtrack for sure...nice ending with the harp in vibrato...great listen my friend!

Thanx so much for this very kind review. Thanx for mentioning the string section as that took a little work!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 04:10 PM
Bob, thanx so much. I'm glad that you liked it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 04:12 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mario,

Interesting. Cool.

Nice production. Good mix.

Well done.

fj

Thanx Floyd. I was a little worried about the mix as I did have some problems with it but I guess I did OK.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 04:12 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Nice work Mario! At first, it sounded a little like the music they play in Chinese restaurants here in the Netherlands. But then pretty soon that blues harp set in which lifted it to a higher level immediately. And a little later followed by a really neat guitar solo.

Wonderful and very atmospheric!

Rob

Rob, thanx for taking the time to listen and comment on this song. I appreciate your kind words.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 04:14 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Sweetly soaring sounds, Mario. There is sadness in losing that love, but it seems through the sounds that there was a very positive benefit of the experience. Not sure any of that means anything, but it's as if I don't feel sadness for the loser but happiness for the gifts of the encounter. Speaking of gifts... you, sir, have a ton. Thanks for sharing them.

Thanx Marty. I didn't view this from your viewpoint but now I can see that you can take this two ways. So I could have named this Thank God She is Gone?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Mario

This sure is a lovely song! That harp sounds wonderful and is this perfect addition to set the mood for the tune! Your work with the strings is super...love those stab parts that change into the smooth flowing scenes! Great job on the guitar also! Your tunes always have such an appealing melodic structure!

Thanks, Torrey

Thanx Torrey for that very kind review. Like I stated earlier that string track took some work to get right.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/23/22 04:18 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
That is a fascinating production.

I see that Torrey has already mentioned the "stab" section but it is very effective in transitioning the vibe.

The melodic guitar is lovely and a fretless bass is always good. Jack Bruce got me hooked on them years ago.

Excellent performances on everything you played and a nice mix to boot.

We enjoyed it.

J&B

Thanx so much Bud. I favor my fretless bass over my Squire P-Bass. I think it sounds more like an upright bass, but what do I know, I'm a guitarist!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Lost Love - 06/24/22 01:17 PM
Mario,

Hauntingly beautiful . . . the sadness, loss and longing emanates from this lovely mix. Really well produced—everything working smoothly into and with each other. Really pretty on the ears. Nicely done, Mario!

All my best to you,

Deej
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Lost Love - 06/24/22 02:23 PM
Very, very nice Mario. Loved the harmonica, the guitar work, the bass, strings ... well heck, I guess I just loved it all. Really nice sound. It had me captivated throughout.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/24/22 11:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Mario,

Hauntingly beautiful . . . the sadness, loss and longing emanates from this lovely mix. Really well produced—everything working smoothly into and with each other. Really pretty on the ears. Nicely done, Mario!

All my best to you,

Deej

Thanx Deej for this very kind review. I appreciated it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/24/22 11:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Very, very nice Mario. Loved the harmonica, the guitar work, the bass, strings ... well heck, I guess I just loved it all. Really nice sound. It had me captivated throughout.

Thanx so much Brad. I'm glad that you liked it.
Posted By: rayc Re: Lost Love - 06/24/22 11:33 PM
Mario,
excellent sounds and your human parts really make this happen.
My only nit was that the pickup hits/drum lead in weren't really relevant to the piece based on my ears.
Posted By: Sundance Re: Lost Love - 06/24/22 11:55 PM
Mario this is just gorgeous. I love it!
Especially that part from !:00 - !:10 that just grabs the heartstrings
and wrings out emotion.....
This is one of your best imo.
Excellent work!
Josie
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Lost Love - 06/25/22 05:14 AM
Hi Mario
Sounds cool
Very nice mood
Great played and well supported with BiaB
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/25/22 09:55 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Mario,
excellent sounds and your human parts really make this happen.
My only nit was that the pickup hits/drum lead in weren't really relevant to the piece based on my ears.

Thanx for this. I'll have to check out that drum part.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/25/22 09:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Mario this is just gorgeous. I love it!
Especially that part from !:00 - !:10 that just grabs the heartstrings
and wrings out emotion.....
This is one of your best imo.
Excellent work!
Josie

Thanx so much Josie for the very kind review.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Lost Love - 06/25/22 09:56 AM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Mario
Sounds cool
Very nice mood
Great played and well supported with BiaB
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanx Andi for listening and commenting.
Posted By: mariusnoah Re: Lost Love - 06/26/22 09:08 AM
it seems through the sounds that there was a very positive benefit of the experience. Not sure any of that means anything, but it's as if I don't feel sadness for the loser but happiness for the gifts of the encounter.
© PG Music Forums