PG Music Home
Posted By: rayc WE - the video - 06/24/22 01:10 AM
Hello Folks,
a little slow with this one, sorry.
We by Pygmy Beat Extended, (PBX thanks FJ), featuring Alison Reynolds & BIAB.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: WE - the video - 06/24/22 10:07 AM
Lovely cello playing. Please keep up the great work! smile
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: WE - the video - 06/24/22 11:40 AM
Ray

Very creative work here! Love what you did with the video! Great to see you perform! You must have spent a ton of time editing that film work. That mix sounds super to me! Alison's work on this really pulls this tune together...it's excellent! Top notch work!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 06/24/22 09:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
Lovely cello playing. Please keep up the great work! smile

Thanks Chantelle,
shall do.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 06/24/22 09:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Ray
Very creative work here! Love what you did with the video! Great to see you perform! You must have spent a ton of time editing that film work. That mix sounds super to me! Alison's work on this really pulls this tune together...it's excellent! Top notch work!
Thanks, Torrey

Thanks Torrey,
Grey mood, grey words, grey images.
Alison's a modern wonder...and a New Mexico award winning arranger.
Posted By: RnAM Re: WE - the video - 06/24/22 10:42 PM
This is really great Ray. The cello, the metallic FX on your vocal, the black-and-white video. It all cumulates in a compelling (but eerie) experience.

Rob
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: WE - the video - 06/25/22 05:26 AM
Hello Ray
cool video
Fits really well to the song
The cello sounds great and is well played
Top work, Ray
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: floyd jane Re: WE - the video - 06/26/22 03:27 PM
A good watch. A good listen.

fj
Posted By: David Snyder Re: WE - the video - 06/27/22 10:29 PM

Really great Ray.

Fantastic video and love that cello.

I loved seeing you performing as well. Really superb job all around.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: WE - the video - 07/01/22 11:59 AM
Well, we loved the song already but this video was great.

The black and white vintage educational film with your face appearing and disappearing in the dark at just the right points gave us chills. The lonely, cold faraway look on the face of the star actress was perfect.

Again, Allison ‘s mournful cello tugs at your heart.

This was definitely worth the wait, Ray!

J&B
Posted By: firesong Re: WE - the video - 07/01/22 12:55 PM
Ray...the song is Bowie-esque and very haunting,,,the cello is magnificent...great track...cool video and great ending...very nice production!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: WE - the video - 07/02/22 10:42 AM
Ray,
Cool video for this beauty.
Probably one of the best mixed tunes I have heard by you. Very professional. Alison is a wonderful player, adds a deep layer of drama to this. Liked it! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: WE - the video - 07/04/22 09:14 PM
The mix is perfect to my ears. Is it a new mix or just my imagination? I love what you did with the video. The footage meshes well with the song.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/05/22 07:52 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
This is really great Ray. The cello, the metallic FX on your vocal, the black-and-white video. It all cumulates in a compelling (but eerie) experience.
Rob

Thanks Rob,
The cello is the backbone of the song. I had used an RT cello in the draft versions and it was nice but having a person listen and create with the instrument is always going to be something extra.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/05/22 07:52 PM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Ray
cool video
Fits really well to the song
The cello sounds great and is well played
Top work, Ray
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks Andi,
Yes, the capture & playing of cello, all Alison's work, is excellent.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/05/22 07:53 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A good watch. A good listen.

fj

Thanks fj
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/05/22 07:54 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Really great Ray.
Fantastic video and love that cello.
I loved seeing you performing as well. Really superb job all around.

Thanks David,
It moved forward significantly when I tried the suggestions you & Floyd made.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/05/22 07:55 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Well, we loved the song already but this video was great.
The black and white vintage educational film with your face appearing and disappearing in the dark at just the right points gave us chills. The lonely, cold faraway look on the face of the star actress was perfect.
Again, Allison ‘s mournful cello tugs at your heart.
This was definitely worth the wait, Ray!
J&B

Thanks J&B,
your support made the process easier.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/05/22 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Ray...the song is Bowie-esque and very haunting,,,the cello is magnificent...great track...cool video and great ending...very nice production!

Thanks firesong,
I've collaborated with Alison twice and her parts have saved both tracks from oblivion.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/05/22 07:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Ray,
Cool video for this beauty.
Probably one of the best mixed tunes I have heard by you. Very professional. Alison is a wonderful player, adds a deep layer of drama to this. Liked it! Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Thanks Misha,
The M.E. was happy with the mix.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/05/22 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
The mix is perfect to my ears. Is it a new mix or just my imagination? I love what you did with the video. The footage meshes well with the song.

Thanks Ez,
A very slight difference in the mix I think.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: WE - the video - 07/06/22 09:46 AM
Your style is unique and very engaging, Ray. The vid is just as much fun as the song. My 7 year old granddaughter is the best music critic, and she totally loves this --her words. So we can honestly say your fans span ages 7 to 70.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: WE - the video - 07/06/22 10:02 AM
Video is really well done, Ray.

Mix sound different than what I recall too, vocals more out front I think? Drums sound great too, love the snare.

Good stuff indeed, one of your best.
Posted By: MarioD Re: WE - the video - 07/06/22 05:25 PM

Yes Bowie was the first thing to come to my mind also

Great vocal fx

Super supporting video

Two thumbs up
Posted By: Al-David Re: WE - the video - 07/06/22 06:10 PM
Ray ...

Both unique and interesting. What a great listen - and the video is spot on. Nice fx on the vocal - reminds me of something might hear somewhere in an Alfred Hitchcock movie. And I mean that in the best way. And yes, Allison's touch is magic. Everything about this is top shelf. Great work by all.

Alan
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/06/22 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Your style is unique and very engaging, Ray. The vid is just as much fun as the song. My 7 year old granddaughter is the best music critic, and she totally loves this --her words. So we can honestly say your fans span ages 7 to 70.

Thanks Marty,
It heartening to hear given that a music analysist spend 10 minutes detailing how there was nothing that worked in the song due to unrelated chords, boring melody and lazy rhyming.
I knew it wasn't formally "right" but also knew that it hung together and told the story in sounds as well as words.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/06/22 08:27 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Video is really well done, Ray.
Mix sound different than what I recall too, vocals more out front I think? Drums sound great too, love the snare.
Good stuff indeed, one of your best.

Thank you sir,
the mastering brought things forward a little - limiters do that a lot. The difference between finished mix, (I don't top down mix so there's rarely anything on the stereo bus), and master is often significant.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/06/22 08:29 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Yes Bowie was the first thing to come to my mind also
Great vocal fx
Super supporting video
Two thumbs up

Thanks Mario,
It was serendipitous that I found the educational film - it makes the whole thing cohesive.
Posted By: rayc Re: WE - the video - 07/06/22 08:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Ray ...
Both unique and interesting. What a great listen - and the video is spot on. Nice fx on the vocal - reminds me of something might hear somewhere in an Alfred Hitchcock movie. And I mean that in the best way. And yes, Allison's touch is magic. Everything about this is top shelf. Great work by all.
Alan

Thanks Alan,
The vid was a useful experiment in processes.
© PG Music Forums