PG Music Home
Posted By: JONA Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/25/22 03:48 AM
Hi, here is a new one from our band f. Gabriela Martinez !

Listen to Not Alone, Oh Not Anymore by Jonathan & Rband on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/2DJBE

https://youtu.be/XRGJ-l1Jvrw

BIAB:
Drums :Rockhardeven 8 snare hihat , Ride
Guitar: fingerpicking ev 120
408guitar resonator background all is ev 120
Guitar 12 acoustic strumming ev 120

Bass Timo Tuppurainen
Piano Jukka Tolonen
Lead vocal + organ Jonathan Paaso
2 vocal + harmonies Gabriela Martinez

Kindly Jonathan

Posted By: rayc Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/25/22 03:54 AM
Originally Posted By: JONA
Hi, here is a new one from our band !
Listen to Not Alone, Oh Not Anymore by Jonathan & Rband on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/2DJBE
https://youtu.be/XRGJ-l1Jvrw
BIAB:
Drums :Rockhardeven 8 snare hihat , Ride
Guitar: fingerpicking ev 120
408guitar resonator background all is ev 120
Guitar 12 acoustic strumming ev 120
Kindly Jonathan

Nice band.
Your vocal has some nice qualities but you need some de-essing and to soften or adjust some of your final syllables - road comes across as "roadt" and with comes across as "wid".
These things aren't terrible but addressing them will improve the end result.
Lovely Bvox by the way.
Hi Jonathan
Nice song
Well sung
Sounds really good
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Nice work. I really like that one.

Since I don't see any piano track listed I'll assume you are playing it live. Would that be correct?

This is just a production issue but I would replace the resonator guitar in the intro with the piano. I really like that piano track when you brought it in. It just fit and worked so much better than the Dobro.

Vox.... Really well done.

Nice work.
Nice write, Jonathan. Good band too. I really like the build. The harmony build is really interesting, which soon becomes captivating. Really good mix, too. Everything is crystal clear without stepping on anything else. I dig that piano solo, and notice you don't give credit in the post. Is that you?
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/25/22 12:30 PM
Thank you of your comments! Yes i know that my english needs more practice.. but thanks of the advice..

Kindly Jona
Posted By: MarioD Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/25/22 07:27 PM
Jona, this is really good.

I like the backing tracks

Great vocal and harmonies

Loved the lyrics and the piano lead

Two thumbs up
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/26/22 04:24 AM
Thank you!
I'm glad to hear that you like it Andi!

Jona
Posted By: rayc Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/26/22 07:12 AM
Jona,
you could edit to remove the "t" sound from road in your DAW.
It's not really a matter of English as a Second or Third Language - in fact it's a common enough pronunciation.
The sibilant stuff, the esses, could be reduced with a de-esser or careful volume automation, again, in your DAW.
Jonathon,

Nice song.

Good vocals. Good use of BIAB.
Nice background vocals, too.
Jukka plays some very nice piano...

Nicely mixed.

Well done.

fj

Hey this sounds really good!

A very good song construction and an excellent sound in the mixing.

I really enjoyed listening to this!
Jonathan...really nice...the vocals are so clean and I love the harmonies...the track is perfect for your melody and the piano solo is very nice...Jukka is a great player...very nice write and performance.
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/27/22 03:21 AM
Hi, and thanks of your comment! Yes, we have a piano player ,Jukka Tolonen, who plays all the way piano on the song

Bass Timo Tuppurainen
Piano Jukka Tolonen
2 vocal + harmonies Gabriela Martinez

Kindly Jonathan
Loved this Jona. Really cool vocal. Backtrack was perfect for your vocal and lyric. Excellent harmonies. Well done...
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/28/22 03:52 AM
Really glad that you liked the song!
Yes Gabriela is a fine singer and Jukka plays piano on our band. We plays live with trio: me, Jukka and Timo.

Bass Timo Tuppurainen
Piano Jukka Tolonen
Gabriela Martinez 2 vocal + harmonie

Kindly Jona
JONA

I love the smooth flowing sound of this track! Great vocals! I also really like that compressed sound of the music bed, it makes the acoustic
guitars have such a smooth sound! Gabriela's backing vox are super, they really elevate the track to a higher place! Enjoyed it!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/29/22 05:31 AM
Really nice to hear that you like it Mario!!

Jona
Posted By: RnAM Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/30/22 12:03 PM
Really nice song!
We especially like the harmonies.
Good work.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 06/30/22 11:52 PM
JONA,

Real moody, resonant tune . . . the loneliness echoes with each note. Nice mix and arrangement, compelling vocal . . . and, boy, I really love that harmony you have going with the female vocalist. Sweet! This one falls easy on the ears.

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 07/03/22 05:05 PM
Thank you Floyd of your comment!
Nice to hear that you like it .
Yes Jukka is a very good also on piano.
He has made a long
And succesful career as a guitarist. Well known in europe and cult guitarist fans in 70-80-s in USA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jukka_Tolonen
Kindly Jona
We like the feeling of serenity we get from this song.

Your vocal has a rich timbre and Gabriella sounds excellent with you.

Jukka’s piano, as noted by others, is very lovely.
Timo’s bass is excellent in play and tone and your organ sits in very well.

The RT’s blend nicely with the band’s performances.

I’m sure it would be a treat to hear your trio live in a club!

J&B
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 07/06/22 09:48 AM
Hi David!

Glad to hear you like it the sound and song.
I really took time to mix the song!
Glad to hear it works!

Kindly Jona
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 07/13/22 04:19 AM
Thank you Firesong of your comments!
Yes Jukka is a great player
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 07/17/22 04:19 AM
Thank you Scott of your comments
I really appreciate it!

All the best for you

Jona
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 07/25/22 04:22 PM
Thanks Torrey of your encouraging comment!
It made me glad

Thanks Jona
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 07/27/22 02:30 PM
Thank you Rob and Anne-Marie!
I'm really glad you like it..

Jona
Great sound. Very good vocals throughout and a good mix as well. I loved both the resonator and the piano. Nice listen.
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 07/29/22 11:09 AM
Thanks Janice&Bud of your comments.
Glad to hear that you heard so many details of the song!

All the best for you and joy to making good music..

Jona
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 08/05/22 02:03 PM
Thank you Brad of your encouraging comments!

Kindly Jonathan
Posted By: PeterF Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 08/05/22 09:11 PM
Enjoyed the song, some lovely vocals and playing.

Excellent work.

Peter
I like the opposition of the bright, pleasant instrumentation and the haunting melody,

Good vocal. Love the harmony!
Hey Jona,
I really liked this one. It skips along nicely.
After the 1st verse I was thinking "I hope there is a solo coming up" and sure enough there it was.

Nice job indeed.
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 08/13/22 05:36 PM
Thank you Peter of your encouraging comments!
Lovely moments with music to you

Jona
JONA,

A really nice sounding track and song.

Excellent vocal. It has "soul". Good BVGs.

Nice use of BIAB.

Good mix.

Enjoyed the listen.

fj
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 08/14/22 01:17 PM
Ok! Nice to hear of those things that you have liked on the song.. thank you..

Jona
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 08/18/22 05:14 PM
Thank you Bass Thumber!
Yes, we want always left a room to Jukka's pianosolo..
When he was younger he was known a master jazz and rock guitar player.

Here : https://youtu.be/i25RR2vCWIA

Jona
Very professional production, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Posting the lyrics would be nice. Everyone seems to like the background vocals, I did as well. Good work!
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 09/04/22 06:23 AM
Thank you TuneMonger!
Yes , i can text those lyrics here or you can have it from the lyricvideo here:

https://youtu.be/-5L0Vxq1TQE

Jona
Posted By: dcuny Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 09/04/22 07:26 PM
Nice sound! Pleasant vocal, pretty harmonies and good backing tracks. Excellent mix, too!

Really well done.
Hi Jona ...

You and your band sound great! You have a really nice voice and the BIAD players sound great. A very nice song and you delivered it perfectly. Very nice!

Alan
This is a really nice production. Enjoyed your song and performance.

Charlie
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 09/06/22 12:54 PM
Thank you Charlie.
Nice to hear that so many has liked the song!

Jona
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 09/10/22 12:05 PM
Thank you Floyd!
Nice to hear that you have catch that soul from the song!!

Jona&friends
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 09/13/22 03:31 PM
Thank you David of your comments!

I mixed this alone , and took some tine to do it, nice to hear that you like it

Jona
Posted By: JONA Re: Not alone, oh not anymore by Jona&friends - 09/18/22 11:37 AM
Thank you Alan..

I will send all these comments to my bandmates...

Jona
© PG Music Forums