PG Music Home
Posted By: BabuMusic Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/06/22 09:24 AM
Fat Lady's Swan Song on Soundclound
Fat Lady's Swan Song on YouTube

You know how it's not over until the fat lady sings? Well, I thought I heard her the other night. They say that swans sing most beautifully just before they die. My singing here proves it ain't happening for awhile. I like how Dave interpreted the song. I can almost hear the fat chick lamenting my demise.

Style is _TEASIN.STY (Teasin Blues Shuffle)

RealTracks in style: 2889:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm FolkBluesSlowShuffleMike Sw 085
RealTracks in style: 3246:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BluesShuffleSlowSol sw 100
RealTracks in style: 1152:Silence
RealDrums in style:BluesShuffle^3-a:Brushes, Swirl , b:Brushes, HiHat

BRIDGE Style is _CBOOGIM.STY (Medium Country Boogie w/ Piano)

RealTracks in style: ~1854:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryBoogie Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~953:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieCleanA-B Sw 110
RealTracks in style: ~956:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryBoogieGrittyA-B Sw 110
RealDrums in style:NashvilleShuffle^01-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
Dave Bell of Blue Attitude played guitar and I sang and played bass.

Fat Lady's Swan Song

Waking up in someone else's bathroom with someone banging on the door,
I stand to reason but I feel much like an old broom, and slide across the floor.
There's someone peering through the crack I left it open, They're calling out someone's name.
They're going to see how the mirror in here's broken. Of course, they'll cast me the blame.

CH: Oh, oh, the fat lady's singing my swan song. There's a flat note stuck in her throat.
She claims that nothing has gone wrong. She said "that's all she wrote" for me.

Sitting still I can hear some kind of music that sounds so out of place.
I wonder how the fat chick came to use it to wash away all trace
of everything I have done and still hold sacred, of all beliefs that I hold.
My time is up. There's no time left to fake it. She says I'm just too old. CH

BR: There's a slice of sunshine streaming in here sometimes that brings a ray of hope.
She's trying to erase it, and I'm left her to face it without a way to cope. SOLO

There's someone peering through the crack in the mirror. I wonder who can it be.
It looks like me, but the features could be clearer. For those with eyes let them see. CH
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/06/22 04:19 PM
Marty,

A good write.

"Oh, oh, the fat lady's singing my swan song. There's a flat note stuck in her throat.
She claims that nothing has gone wrong. She said "that's all she wrote" for me."

Nice!

Love the Bass! (always)

Dave's guitar is excellent (of course).

Well sung. Good video.

Smooth.

fj
Posted By: MarioD Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/06/22 04:49 PM
Great lyrics and vocal

Outstanding bass and lead guitar, as usual from you two

Super groove and mix

Loved it
Posted By: RnAM Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/06/22 05:33 PM
Hi Marty,

What a terribly good song!
Terrific band and great guitar playing of Dave.
And your vocals are top notch!
Very well done!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Al-David Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/06/22 05:42 PM
Marty ...

I can never deny an ear-to-ear smile when I listen to your music. Love the lyric and the vocal is simply engaging. Dave's guitar is a real sweet touch - he has some chops! That was more fun than should be legal! The arrangement is outstanding and the mix equally so. What a hoot and pleasure!

Best to you, my friend ...

Alan
Posted By: rayc Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/06/22 06:12 PM
Great writing Marty,
turning hackneyed phrases into fresh ideas.
The walking bass is ace and David's playing is as you describe it.
A very crisp illustrative video too.
Everything to like and enjoy.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/06/22 10:36 PM
Cool tune Marty. Loved the lyric. Super vocal and Dave's guitar really spiced up the song. Walking basslines were excellent as well.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/06/22 11:57 PM
Hi Marty & Gang,

Good song and well played - one of your best Marty.

Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/07/22 08:46 AM
Thank you for your listens and comments, Floyd, Mario, Ron and Anne-Marie, Alan & Ray. Your comments are as inspirational as the fine music you post here. What a wonderful place to learn this stuff.
Posted By: firesong Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/07/22 01:26 PM
Well you had me at the title brother...Marty, you are a brilliant writer! This is another clever, well thought out and constructed piece of music...love the concept and the content, the melody and the music and of coarse the video (another masterpiece!!)...Dave is flawless and always does what enhances the track for that particular song...three thumbs up!? the fat lady's singing so...
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/07/22 04:26 PM
cool tune....

Passed out in a bathroom..... I don't remember ever being there.... not saying I wasn't, just didn't remember it.... but front lawns and tequila.... ughhhh...

Nice work lads!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/08/22 11:48 AM
Marty,

You cranked out another good one here! You've got a great mix from what I can tell. I had to check this one out on my phone but it sounds good. Dave's solo is really sounding great here...it smokes! You guy's just keep producing good stuff!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/08/22 10:08 PM
cute lyrics.
sorta reminds of crazy times at parties I attended when i was young n' wild after a gig.

different is good.

well done

om
Posted By: Sundance Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/09/22 02:41 PM
Dark comedy made me smile. Nice guitar too
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/09/22 08:01 PM
Marty (and Dave),

Great blues vibe to this . . . and a well put together production, from the write to the vocal to Dave’s stellar play. Lots to like here. Great collaboration as always!

Best regards to you both,

Deej
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/10/22 10:13 AM
Thank you, Scott. It means a lot. Thanks, Nigel. You made my day. Thank you, Dan, you 3-thumb man. Haha You've been there, Herb. The song is ostensibly about getting close to dying, but it's really about wishing you were dead as a way to escape the day-after.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/10/22 02:40 PM
Cool jumping bassline together with the clever and funny story gives nice happy mood. Dave's guitar and the rest of the band are the completing pieces of the pleasant marching journey, although I was hoping to hear the fat lady really sing in the end wink

Janne
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/10/22 04:43 PM
Excellent job Marty and Dave! You come up with great ideas to write about, I love hearing them. The sound of the entire thing is good, but man both the bass and the lead guitar really stand out on this one. They're the star of the show - great music.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/10/22 05:12 PM
Take a bow. You manage to put a smile on everyone's faces, no matter what the subject of the song is ... even here. For your sake, I'm going to pretend that your singing is indeed awful (as you say), although, in reality, nothing could be further from the truth than that statement I just made :-) . Seriously, though, nice one. The video is brilliant, the writing wonderful, the guitar solo and accompaniments from Dave Bell inspired. I'm so glad you're on this forum, my friend ... you've given me confidence with my singing, earlier today, and now you've inspired and made me smile with this song. Keep creating - you're nowhere near done :-) Bravo.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/12/22 08:33 AM
Thank you, Torrey. So much fun. Haha, OM, you too, huh? Thanks, Josie. Dark comedy is not always funny, right? hehe Thanks, Deej, we do have fun.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/12/22 09:59 AM
Hi Marty,

I was away for a while and your song was the first one I listened to.
A very nice song, sung with the pleasure I mostly hear in your vocals and enjoy a lot.
It's not for nothing that you get so many compliments and you earned mine too!
Dave helped your song shines a bit more with his outstanding solo in it.

Loved hearing it,
Hans
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/12/22 02:43 PM
Great song, reminds me of my past!! I was so drunk one time I passed out in the bathtub (at someone else's house), and couldn't get up if I wanted to..

Sounds like the band I use to play with in the bars!!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/13/22 04:38 PM
“There's someone peering through the crack in the mirror. I wonder who can it be.
It looks like me, but the features could be clearer. For those with eyes let them see. “

We love this!

A fine lyric, very cool bass lines and soaring guitar solos along with the BiaB guys are a real treat. We just finished working with a shuffle piano track too and they just immediately get our toes tapping.

And a shuffle! And a cool video!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/13/22 06:49 PM
Really fun tune Marty!!!! The music and mix are masterful!!! (Dave is ALWAYS Great), and I love your vocal!! Just getting back on board after a long hiatus......a real treat for my first day back!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/14/22 08:39 AM
Thank you, Janne. That gal ain't singing quite yet, although she's humming in the wings. Thanks, Brad. All the happiness comes out in the hands when we play. Thank so much, James. You make me happy to be here, buddy. Thanks, Hans. Hope all is well with you. The fat lady doesn't sing Dutch.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/16/22 10:26 AM
Thank you, Ronnie. Man, I just can't see you drunk in a bathtub. You really cleaned up since then, huh? Thanks again, my friend. Janice & Bud, I take back all the nice things I said about you guys --so I can say them all over again. You are the gold standard. Greg Johnson, it's so good to have you back, man. You music always delights Thank you.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/16/22 02:55 PM
Hi Marty and Dave
Cool song
Unfortunately, the lyrics are not suitable for my translators....
There I have only question marks on my forehead ;-)))
But the song sounds cool
Great sound
Also the video has nice effects
Good collaboration
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Fat Lady's Swan Song - 07/17/22 08:18 PM
Great set of lyrics. I love your humor.

Dave's signature guitar sound is recognizable---his guitar conversing with the vocal.

Good song!
© PG Music Forums