PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/07/22 04:40 PM
The Lonesome Trumpeter

You are sitting under a tree at your cabin over looking the valley. There are no neighbors within 15 miles/24 kilometers. You pull out your trumpet and begin to play imagining you are playing with a full orchestra.

BiaB style = Rendevous - Arpeggiated Ballad
Tempo = 58BPM

I deleted the drum track
Bass - Ample Bass - preset Upright bass
Piano - Velvet - preset MKII
Guitar - Kontakt - xperimental Psaultry
Strings - Kontakt - Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra - preset full string section - note I modified this track to better fit the song

I am playing the trumpet via my wind controller and via my keyboard controller the harp and the chimes.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/07/22 04:47 PM
This is peaceful. Mellow for the hot afternoon we have going outside my studio door today in NC.

I have a wind controller for one of my keyboards. That thing is a pain.... glad to hear someone who can actually use one effectively.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/07/22 08:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
This is peaceful. Mellow for the hot afternoon we have going outside my studio door today in NC.

I have a wind controller for one of my keyboards. That thing is a pain.... glad to hear someone who can actually use one effectively.

Thanx Herb. I think you have a breath controller for your keyboard and not a wind controller. There is a big difference. But remember MIDI editing is your friend!
Posted By: rayc Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/08/22 06:51 AM
Pleasant, slightly melancholic and a gentle melody to make it whole.
COOL
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/08/22 11:56 AM
Mario,

This is a wonderful sounding track! Your work with the midi is great! It certainly fits the description in your post! A really enjoyable listen!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: jannesan Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/08/22 01:41 PM
Very beautiful and paradise-like melody, nice band, great work with the wind controller and the strings. Enjoyed the chord progression, lonesomeness is softly present in its melancholy. I surely would like to be within 15 miles to hear this moody peace on the stadium of nature.

Janne
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/08/22 03:40 PM
A beautiful track, Mario. Mellow. Peaceful.

You get a lot out of that controller! A lot of feeling.

Good mix.

Well done.

fj
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/08/22 09:30 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Pleasant, slightly melancholic and a gentle melody to make it whole.
COOL

thanx so much Ray for listening and commenting.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/08/22 09:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Mario,

This is a wonderful sounding track! Your work with the midi is great! It certainly fits the description in your post! A really enjoyable listen!

Thanks, Torrey

I'm glad that you like this one Torrey. Thanx for listening and commenting.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/08/22 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A beautiful track, Mario. Mellow. Peaceful.

You get a lot out of that controller! A lot of feeling.

Good mix.

Well done.

fj

Thanx Floyd. I'm slowly learning that controller but a lot of work goes into MIDI editing. It's about 80% live and 20% MIDI manipulation.
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/08/22 10:38 PM
as always ..brilliant.

yep reminds me of past fun at friends cottages..
and particularly sunsets.
and me being pulled around a lake in a tube, and falling off and all laughing at the silly english bloke. moi

well done.

om
Posted By: musician17 Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/09/22 07:18 AM
Superb. One of your very best. Nothing more I need to add. Just superb.

P.S. (yes, there is more I need to add ...): this could be Ennio Morricone or someone. It really is that good. It reminds me in some way of the Cinema Paradiso soundtrack. Bravo.
Posted By: RnAM Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/09/22 10:03 AM
Soothing and relaxing. Produces lots of Alpha Waves in the brain.

Just what I needed after a long day of programming :-).

Rob
Posted By: firesong Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/09/22 03:02 PM
Very peaceful indeed...so relaxing...I love the work you do with the wind controller though IMO the trumpet could be mixed a bit louder so we could hear the melody a little clearer but then what do I know...very cool as usual!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/09/22 07:37 PM
A gentle float down a meandering river. Quite lovely.

I miss playing the trumpet. I just don't have the patience or time to get my lip and embouchure back to my heyday.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/09/22 08:01 PM
Mario,

A very serene, calming piece of music that falls softly on the ears. Just lovely! Now if only had a cabin with a tree I can sit under as I listen to this!

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 11:26 AM
After weeks of record high temps and humidity we can only imagine.

But your vista reminds us of our journeys to the mountains.

As as always your composition, performances and mix are excellent!

J&B
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 05:43 PM
Very nice Mario. Very mellow. Something you can just close your eyes and float away on. Loved it.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 07:01 PM
Another gorgeous instrumental Mario!!!! You are the master of this domain!!! What a treat to hear 2 Mario tunes on my first day back!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
as always ..brilliant.

yep reminds me of past fun at friends cottages..
and particularly sunsets.
and me being pulled around a lake in a tube, and falling off and all laughing at the silly english bloke. moi

well done.

om

Thanx so much om. I'm glad that it brought back some fond memories.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 09:08 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
Superb. One of your very best. Nothing more I need to add. Just superb.

P.S. (yes, there is more I need to add ...): this could be Ennio Morricone or someone. It really is that good. It reminds me in some way of the Cinema Paradiso soundtrack. Bravo.

Thanx for listening and commenting on this one James. However I ain't no Ennio Morricone but I do appreciate that comment.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 09:09 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Soothing and relaxing. Produces lots of Alpha Waves in the brain.

Just what I needed after a long day of programming :-).

Rob

Rob, I'm glad that I could help you chill out after a long day at work. Thanx for listening and commenting.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 09:11 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Very peaceful indeed...so relaxing...I love the work you do with the wind controller though IMO the trumpet could be mixed a bit louder so we could hear the melody a little clearer but then what do I know...very cool as usual!

You know a lot my friend so thanx for that constructive criticism. I'm glad you liked this little ditty.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 09:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
A gentle float down a meandering river. Quite lovely.

I miss playing the trumpet. I just don't have the patience or time to get my lip and embouchure back to my heyday.

Thanx so much. I use to play trumpet and French horn but a severe case of asthma forced me to quit. After many years I got my lung capacity back to normal so I tried my trumpet again. I also didn't have the time or patience to start over so I bought a wind controller. Now I can play any instrument wink
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 09:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Mario,

A very serene, calming piece of music that falls softly on the ears. Just lovely! Now if only had a cabin with a tree I can sit under as I listen to this!

Best regards,

Deej

Deej, same here. I would love a cabin in the woods near a stream but alas I don't have the funds. Thanx for listening and commenting, I appreciated it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
After weeks of record high temps and humidity we can only imagine.

But your vista reminds us of our journeys to the mountains.

As as always your composition, performances and mix are excellent!

J&B

It must be very hot and humid there. We are on a temperature roller coaster; 90°F with high humidity one day and 68°F with low humidity the next! Anyway thanx for listening and commenting.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Very nice Mario. Very mellow. Something you can just close your eyes and float away on. Loved it.

Thanx so much Brad.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Lonesome Trumpeter - 07/13/22 09:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Another gorgeous instrumental Mario!!!! You are the master of this domain!!! What a treat to hear 2 Mario tunes on my first day back!! Take care. Greg

Thanx so much Greg. "Master of this domain"? I don't think so. I just having fun.
© PG Music Forums