PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong The Same - 07/16/22 01:57 PM
The last song I posted was from a project I called "Virtually LIVE!" well here's another from that fantasy project...I think I would call this a rock-ballad...though it is sometimes hard for me to figure out the genres...basically I just do styles I like...I hope you do to...so...if you do...thanks for listening...and...I love your comments and especially your suggestions for the mix...Dan

The Same
https://soundclick.com/r/s339kt

BiaB components:
3584 Electric Bass
1761 Acoustic guitar strumming
1689 Electric guitar rhythm pop
1764 Electric guitar rhythm pop
Drums=Nashville RadioPop 8ths

I added: Vocals
I played: Piano, Organ, Synth, Electric Guitar lead/w Roland Ax-7
Drums and percussion from a Yamaha Tyros 5 style

BTY: this is the album page: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=661040&albumID=1293&content=albumInfo
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: The Same - 07/16/22 02:18 PM
Hi Dan
What an exceptionally beautiful song
Your voice is always fantastic again
Sometimes I wish your songs never end
Thanks for your great music
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/16/22 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Dan
What an exceptionally beautiful song
Your voice is always fantastic again
Sometimes I wish your songs never end
Thanks for your great music
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thank you Andi...you are always so gracious and positive with your comments...I so appreciate the encouragement...thanks again...Dan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: The Same - 07/18/22 03:05 PM
Dan,

It's a beauty! Love that synth stuff at the start! Everything else is exceptionally clean and clear sounding (a very good thing). Love how the instrumentation builds...the mark of a very good arranger! This song really takes off with the chorus...wow, what great vocals! You've got a truly great, pure voice! I don't think anyone in the forum (no disrespect to others) does background vocal work on your level! A super mix and production!!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: The Same - 07/18/22 08:14 PM
Hi Dan,

Boy - this is a cracking good song - lovely melody, chords and great chorus.

Also - wonderful vocals.

Top mix.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: RnAM Re: The Same - 07/18/22 08:34 PM
If I were the producer/arranger I would vote for doing the intro one round, instead of two (and start the vocal at 0.14). I would also vote for cutting down on the FX (delay/reverb?). But you can consider that just minor nits ;-).

My goodness, what a great voice you have! Pitch perfect and powerful. Awesome!
Also, love the super professional backing vocals :-).

Rob

Posted By: PeterF Re: The Same - 07/19/22 01:36 AM
Excellent lead and backing vocals and a very impressive sound with a good strong build.

A well produced song in all regards.

Peter
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The Same - 07/19/22 10:47 AM
Dan,

A very solid production.
Excellent vocals.
Good mix.
Well done in all regards.

fj
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/19/22 03:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Dan,

It's a beauty! Love that synth stuff at the start! Everything else is exceptionally clean and clear sounding (a very good thing). Love how the instrumentation builds...the mark of a very good arranger! This song really takes off with the chorus...wow, what great vocals! You've got a truly great, pure voice! I don't think anyone in the forum (no disrespect to others) does background vocal work on your level! A super mix and production!!

Thanks, Torrey

Thank you Torrey...I love vocal harmony...I spent my singing career as a background vocalist...when I have to do it by myself I try very hard to get it 'right and tight' with a limited tool to work with...your recognition of that is very humbling and satisfying to hear...thank you...Dan
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: The Same - 07/20/22 03:40 PM
Great song. As always, simply fantastic writing - loved the hook. Every word is so true. This album sounds like it must have been fun to put together. Can't say enough about the songs. This one is just great.
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/21/22 03:09 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
If I were the producer/arranger I would vote for doing the intro one round, instead of two (and start the vocal at 0.14). I would also vote for cutting down on the FX (delay/reverb?). But you can consider that just minor nits ;-).
My goodness, what a great voice you have! Pitch perfect and powerful. Awesome!
Also, love the super professional backing vocals :-).
Rob

Rob...thank you for your thoughts and suggestions...I value your opinion as a producer/arranger because I've listened to your productions and admire them...I will consider your suggestions...my rational for the bigger reverb was to try to emulate a stadium or concert hall environment for this particular project...whether that worked or not falls to the listener (?)...however I do appreciate it when someone listens with an intent to enhance the song...and you did and I am grateful...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/21/22 03:11 PM
Nigel, Peter and Floyd...thanks for your thoughts and comments...much appreciated...Dan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Same - 07/21/22 03:59 PM
This definitely has the live feel you wanted to achieve.

And there's an excellent build to accompany the testifying lyric.

As always, your vocals soar!

Great band and mix too, Dan

Enjoyed it,

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: The Same - 07/21/22 08:35 PM
Dan, all I have to say is that all of your songs should be played on every Christian radio station. They are all that good.

Loved the message, vocal, mix, and everything about this song.
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Same - 07/22/22 12:35 PM
Excellent production on this Dan. Love the concert feel to this song. Love how the energy builds through the song, As always another incredible vocal. Well done..
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/22/22 01:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Great song. As always, simply fantastic writing - loved the hook. Every word is so true. This album sounds like it must have been fun to put together. Can't say enough about the songs. This one is just great.

Brad...thank you brother for your gracious comments...this is one of my favorites as far as the hook goes..."I will never be and He will always be...the same"...I've never written truer words...I know them to be personally true...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/22/22 01:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
This definitely has the live feel you wanted to achieve.
And there's an excellent build to accompany the testifying lyric.
As always, your vocals soar!
Great band and mix too, Dan
Enjoyed it,
J&B

J&B...thanks guys for the thoughts...I hope I captured a real feel with this...thanks again...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/22/22 01:07 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Dan, all I have to say is that all of your songs should be played on every Christian radio station. They are all that good.
Loved the message, vocal, mix, and everything about this song.

Mario...thanks for your kind remarks...not quite sure how to get on the radio...I'm a small fish in a massive ocean...oh well I write for an audience of One...thanks again...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/22/22 01:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Excellent production on this Dan. Love the concert feel to this song. Love how the energy builds through the song, As always another incredible vocal. Well done..

Scott...you are very kind...my motto is "if you can't sing good then sing loud and with great passion"...thanks again...Dan
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: The Same - 07/22/22 02:29 PM
No suggestions here! Another great one, Dan! Great use of the hook and amazing vocals. I can definitely hear how "wide" your production is (if that's a term) to give it more depth to the sound.

I'm curious as to why you don't use Real Drums exclusively. What value does adding drums from your Yamaha give?

Na zdrowie!

Dewey
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/22/22 03:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Dewey_MI
No suggestions here! Another great one, Dan! Great use of the hook and amazing vocals. I can definitely hear how "wide" your production is (if that's a term) to give it more depth to the sound.
I'm curious as to why you don't use Real Drums exclusively. What value does adding drums from your Yamaha give?
Na zdrowie!
Dewey

Hey Dewey...thanks for your thoughts...honestly, most times if I use the Yamaha drums it's because I already have them on an original track of a song or I just like the sound of them better...the drums on the Yamaha Tyros and Genos are recordings of real drummers just like BiaB but with the Yamahas I can change the kit without changing the drum style...they are in a real sense more versatile somethimes...so on this particular song they were on my original tracks and I liked them so I left them...on a lot of songs I mix them together or use BiaB on a verse and the Yamahas on a chorus or vice versa...in fact I sprinkled in some BiaB real drums with the Yamahas on this track...whatever I think sounds good...I don't spend a lot of time on drum parts...they just need to sit in the corner and keep good time!
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: The Same - 07/22/22 04:53 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Dan and it all makes sense to me!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: The Same - 07/22/22 06:46 PM

Hey Dan,

This sounds great!!!

Hey did you steal my virtually live idea from my song Homely!!!???

smile

Just kidding, man. I really love the message, the feel and the production.

Amen brother. This is a good one.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: The Same - 07/22/22 07:41 PM
Very moving message and outstanding arrangement and performance.

Charlie
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/23/22 12:05 AM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Hey Dan,
This sounds great!!!
Hey did you steal my virtually live idea from my song Homely!!!???
smile
Just kidding, man. I really love the message, the feel and the production.
Amen brother. This is a good one.

Yo David...thanks...unless you had that idea about ten years ago then...no...I didn't smile Thanks for your kind words...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/23/22 12:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Very moving message and outstanding arrangement and performance.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie...I appreciate your comments...Dan
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: The Same - 07/26/22 08:35 PM
Quite a lovey song that is exquisitely sung.

Mix and arrangement sound fantastic.

Ooooo, nice build!

You are sounding a bit like Roy Orbison at 2:28. Like it much!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: The Same - 07/26/22 11:58 PM
Firesong,

You really do write some lovely songs . . . and execute them perfectly from a production standpoint. It’s not my genre of music generally, but doesn’t stop me from admiring the artistry. Wonderful vocal and stellar mix. Wonderful!

All my best to you,

Deej
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/27/22 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Quite a lovey song that is exquisitely sung.
Mix and arrangement sound fantastic.
Ooooo, nice build!
You are sounding a bit like Roy Orbison at 2:28. Like it much!

Thanks...I appreciate your comments...I can live with sounding like Roy!
Posted By: firesong Re: The Same - 07/27/22 12:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Firesong,
You really do write some lovely songs . . . and execute them perfectly from a production standpoint. It’s not my genre of music generally, but doesn’t stop me from admiring the artistry. Wonderful vocal and stellar mix. Wonderful!
All my best to you,
Deej

Deej...thanks for your gracious comments...Christian/gospel/faith-based music is really the only genre I write in and I'm thankful to have it accepted and appreciated here on the forum by artists from other genres...country/bluegrass/R&B/rock all have their roots in Gospel music so I'm proud to represent here!...thanks again...Dan
© PG Music Forums