PG Music Home
Posted By: Dewey_MI Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/02/22 12:20 AM

Farther From The Truth

_DAKOTA.STY. Dakota Plains Country Ballad
All RealTracks. 75 BPM
Instruments: El.Bass, Multi-Drums, PedalSteel, Ac.Guitar, Ac.Guitar, Guitar, Drums
RD: ShakerSlow16ths: a: Shaker b: ShakerSlow16ths :Bryan Owings
Multi-DrumsModern Pop Ballad Drums with Shaker [Multi]
RT1536: Bass, Electric, PopBelieve Ev16 065 , Mark Hill
RT2542: Pedal Steel, Background ModernBalladAtmosphere Ev16 065 , Eddy Dunlap
RT3906: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SongwriterSlow16DADGAD Ev16 060 , Quinn Bachand
RT3184: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GrungeSlowQuinn Ev16 060 , Quinn Bachand
RT3160: Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsBrent Ev16 060 , Brent Mason
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/02/22 06:10 AM
Not the genre I normally listen too, but man, I just LOVE your lyrics.
Great story telling!
What a song! Fantastic write and a great hook. I sure liked the style you recorded it in too. Excellent product.
Posted By: RnAM Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/02/22 09:20 PM
Indeed, great storytelling in a very nice-sounding song!

Rob
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/02/22 10:13 PM
Thanks BD, Brad, and Rob! This one is special to me to be sure.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/04/22 01:26 PM
Hi Dewey
Sounds very good
Your voice gives the songs a special sound
I like it very much
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Scott C Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/04/22 10:07 PM
This is an excellent country tune. Super vocal and lyric. Backing band was perfect. Super mix and production. Well done
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/04/22 10:20 PM
Hi Dewey,

A very good song, well sung and good arrangement.

One of your best.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: firesong Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/05/22 12:36 AM
Dewey...this a super song...I love your telling of this story...it's so conversational...nothing is forced...you painted a picture in words and melody and it's a masterpiece IMO...love the pan on the acoustics...you left a hole in the middle for your vocal to fit nicely in without competing with the instruments for sonic space...that's a real trick in mixing I've discovered...on my second listen I'm gonna say this is my favorite from you so far and that's saying something! Dan
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/05/22 09:49 AM
What a wonderful vocal and this is quite a touching story so well told. Dang, Dewey, this is so good. I love the melody and the perfect backing band. Everything about this is top-notch.
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/06/22 09:22 AM
Andi, Scott, Nigel, Dan, and Mario -

Thank you for your continued encouragement! The person who evaluated my song at NSAI - whom I normally always agree with when they give me constructive criticism on my songs - said that the bridge and chorus that talks about heaven is trying to be "too clever" and it would be better to keep a simple message in the bridge and to keep the same chorus lyrics as sung in C1 and C2.

If you are willing to be totally honest, can you tell me if you think the bridge and C3 are too much of a turn for this song? My end goal is to clean this song up for pitching to publishers so I'd really value your honest opinions.

Na zdrowie!

Dewey
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/07/22 07:00 AM
Hi Dewey
There is nothing wrong with your song
If it was my song I would have added a solo after the excellent bridge to C3 ;-)
Really a great song Dewey
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/07/22 08:31 AM
Andi, thank you for your input, my friend!
Well, we like it as is and "sentimental Janice" loved the way you sang the bridge and last chorus lyric.

Another good one, Dewey, and that baritone guitar adds something special to the song’s mood.

Enjoyed it,

J&B
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/09/22 09:09 AM
Janice and Bud,

You truly are lovers of music and I say that because all of your comments to me and others are always so thoughtful. Janice, thank you for your thoughts on the lyrical re-direction as well.

Na zdrowie!

Dewey
Posted By: MarioD Re: Farther From The Truth (D. Longuski) - 08/09/22 08:16 PM
Dewey, this is an outstanding song.

Great vocal, lyrics, backing band, and mix.

All I can add is that if I heard this at a record/CD shop I would have purchased it right then and there.

Loved it.
Dewey,

That is some fine songwriting...such a great fit for the genre! You delivered a great vocal performance also! I like the instrumentation you chose for this track...the steel guitar softly in the background really gives this one the soft/mellow feel this needs! Great tune!

Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums