PG Music Home
Posted By: Robert1752 Demo track cover - 08/16/22 02:12 AM
This is a cover of:- DUNN E. Sty (Nashville Rock Ballad)
"RealTracks Demo - Guitar, Electric, Background Dreamy Ev 065

https://soundcloud.com/robert-henry-843621731/unforgotten

Not all the tracks were used.

BBBass_Real 366 Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
BBDrums_RealDrums NashvilleEven16^5-HiHat,Ride_SingleRender_DragDrop

Piano midi Track was used with EZKeys. With a few Embelishments
Guitar 1 Midi Trak was used with Musiclab Real Guitar Steel String
Guitar 3 Melody was used with AmpleSound L. with re-arrangements throughout Especially towards the end of the song.

Guitar 2 was not used.
A string section was added to add variety to the whole song.

Hope you like this version

As a matter of interest. Copyright issue. to those in the know.
As far as I know most, (if not all) of the contents are meant to be 100% copyright free. Since I am using the Original melody on this song. Does the copyright status still applies. as I intend to enter this into competitions. And I do not wish to infringe copyright laws on this.
Posted By: rayc Re: Demo track cover - 08/16/22 05:57 AM
You're not supposed to use their demo progressions/melodies etc. as far as I can work out.
Using the program to create your own stuff or cover others and even using the melodist to make a melody are all okay but not using their demo stuff.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Demo track cover - 08/16/22 10:23 AM
Robert this sounds great! Super instrumentation and perfectly mixed.

I am not a lawyer nor have I played one on TV but my understanding is that chord progressions can not be copyrighted so you should be OK. My suggestion is don't rely on us forum members for your answer but contact PGMusic as they will give you the legal answer.
Posted By: Robert1752 Re: Demo track cover - 08/16/22 03:43 PM
First, I have had a chat in the live help (Chantelle from PG Music), with regards to the issue of possible Copyright infringement. As Demo songs cannot be used as original. This means I cannot enter this into competitions as such.

Second, I would like to apologise. AS I have just found out that I am not supposed to post cover songs. I will perfectly understand If this is actually blocked or taken down.

I thank those of you who managed to have a listen. But I do like this arrangement though. Hope I can still keep it on Soundcloud as a Cover Version.

thank you.
© PG Music Forums