PG Music Home
Posted By: Torrey Bliss IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 02:54 PM
IN MY DREAMS

IN MY DREAMS video

Sometimes we have fantastic dreams, and we wonder where they came from. I believe the Creator gives them sometimes and that's what this tune is about. This is another co-write with Ron Helm. We are trying to compile enough material for a future album, and we are getting closer!
We both thank everyone for taking time to give a listen!

BIAB
Drums - Pop Rock 16ths

Me
Vocals
Bass
Guitars - Acoustics panned hard left and right. Electrics used for lead and one rhythm track
Electric Piano

In My Dreams
Words and music by
Ron Helm and Torrey Bliss
©2022 Glass Gate Music

(Chorus)
The darkness fades as I slip away
Into the light I will find my way
Back again, where it's so wonderful
In my dreams

(Verse)
Words falling down
Like picture puzzles in the night
They land in my dreams
Carried by the glow of the moonlight

(Chorus)
It's like a bridge I'm on that leads to other worlds
Lord, tell me what does this all mean
'Cause You are here, and it's so wonderful in my dreams

(Verse x2)
Here shadows are gone
No hurry, no clocks on the wall
No past to dwell on
Can't find it, someone hid it all

I feel I'm looking forward in time
A glimpse of what our future may hold
Lord, I feel this dream came from you
It's not heaven, just a preview

(Chorus x3)
The darkness fades as I slip away
Into the light I will find my way
Back again, where it's so wonderful
In my dreams

It's like a bridge I'm on that leads to other worlds
Lord, tell me what does this all mean
I know you're here, 'cause it's so wonderful in my dreams

The colors I can hear, and sound that I can see
Your light, oh God, I feel embracing me
You are here, and it's so wonderful in my dreams
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 03:28 PM
Really nice, pro-sounding mix and production Torrey. I loved the line "The colors I can hear, and sound that I can see
Your light, oh God, I feel embracing me You are here, and it's so wonderful in my dreams".
Posted By: firesong Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 03:32 PM
Torrey...another excellent and professional sounding number from you and Ron...It's going to be a great album judging from the material you are sharing on the forum...every time I hear your songs I hear a British influence in your chord structures or something which is so appealing to my ears...I love the concepts you develop and expand upon...I've said this before but your vocals are always so clean and pitch perfect and of coarse I love the harmonies...great job all round!

PS. I have a song entitled "In My Dreams" it's just a melody and I've never finished it...well...I'm going to stop now..."In My Dreams" is a finished work thanks to you and Ron!
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 03:40 PM
Torrey, dreamy music, dreamy lyrics, overall very smooth production.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 04:07 PM
Torrey (and Ron)
Strong collaboration!

Torrey, I am simply amazed at your skills & talents in composing and production. One of my all time favorite bands is ELO, and somehow I get same vibe on some of your tunes. This is probably closest smile Yet, there were dozens of people who worked on ELO tunes (musicians and engineers) and you are doing it mostly alone. Sounds great! Thank you for sharing.
Misha.
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 05:07 PM
Great song as always from you. It reminds me of a early Beatles song, which is my highest form of praise.
Great Vocals, harmonies, guitar work, chord changes, lyrics, and production. thanks for this one.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 06:05 PM
You've just sold one copy of your future album smile

I like your song, and I really dig those vocal harmonies. Great work!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 08:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Really nice, pro-sounding mix and production Torrey. I loved the line "The colors I can hear, and sound that I can see
Your light, oh God, I feel embracing me You are here, and it's so wonderful in my dreams".

Thanks Brad! The line you mentioned was inspired by accounts I've read of people who have claimed to have had a vision of heaven and the vividness of everything overloading their senses! T
Posted By: cubanpete Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 08:34 PM
Very nice production and vocals. Loved it!

Mike B.
Posted By: MarioD Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 09:09 PM
Torrey, this is one of if not your best to date. I think that is going to be a great album.

I also got an ELO vibe from this one.

Everything about this one is professional.

You both should be very proud of this one.

Loved it.
Posted By: RnAM Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/22/22 11:38 PM
Awesome! One of your best I think.

This fondly reminds me of the Eagles' - New Kid In Town. Both the electric piano as well as the harmonies are done so well. This production once again demonstrates your high level of musical skills and arranging qualities. Particularly since you are playing the instruments mostly yourself!

Rob
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 12:52 AM
Hi Torrey,

Another good song, well mixed and well sung.

I can understand what you are doing with the ELO style doubled (or similar) vocals but I would like to hear more of the singer and less of the doubled vocals particularly in the verses - just my personal preference.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: dcuny Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 02:25 AM
Like others, I got a strong ELO vibe in the beginning, and a touch of Beatles in the chorus.

Solid production all the way through, and of course, the vocals are a treat to listen to. Twinned guitars sound excellent.

I really enjoyed listening to this song.
Posted By: Al-David Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 03:30 AM
Hi Torrey ...

Listened to this Monday evening but didn't have time to comment. I'm listening to it again as I type this.

Another vote for ELO. You are a talented man ... your music is always such a pleasure to listen to. Everyone else has already touched out the multiple perfections of this song. I have little else to add. I truly admire the depth and scope of your many talents.

Alan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 07:16 AM
Man, you are on a roll lately, Torrey! Just one great song after another.

I'm enjoying your collaborations with Ron, should be a strong album I think.

Nicely done, enjoyed.
Posted By: rsdean Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 07:56 AM
Torrey,

You have such a great sound. I love this song and production. The vocal is wonderful and the guitar work is truly outstanding.

Excellent!

Bob
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 08:57 AM
Ron & Torrey, You guys are really my favorite group. Man, this is so good, as is every one you've done. Yeah, dreams are cool. I spend a lot of time with our 7 year old granddaughter talking about how they happen, why they happen, and what they might mean. She is very insightful, and certainly understands these wonderful lyrics. It is going to be a great album guys. Keep up the good word.
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 11:07 AM
lovely lyrics and vocals..sincerely.
nice guitar work. superbly done.

kudos to you mate.

best.
om
Posted By: floyd jane Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 03:19 PM
Torrey,

Another well-produced, well-sung song.

Terrific guitar work.
LOVED the sound of the drums (and how prominent they were).
I thought the Bass needed to have more punch.

Excellent mix.
Good Music.

fj
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 04:55 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Torrey...another excellent and professional sounding number from you and Ron...It's going to be a great album judging from the material you are sharing on the forum...every time I hear your songs I hear a British influence in your chord structures or something which is so appealing to my ears...I love the concepts you develop and expand upon...I've said this before but your vocals are always so clean and pitch perfect and of coarse I love the harmonies...great job all round!

PS. I have a song entitled "In My Dreams" it's just a melody and I've never finished it...well...I'm going to stop now..."In My Dreams" is a finished work thanks to you and Ron!

Thanks so much Dan! Knowing the high quality of your work there will be plenty of room for 2 songs with the same title smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/23/22 04:56 PM
A little Beatles with a slight touch of the best slower expressive Motown. Nice and classy.

At the risk of repetitive redundancy smile your vocal and instrumental performances are excellent.

And we can add the write and arrangement and mix to that excellence bucket.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/24/22 08:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Torrey, dreamy music, dreamy lyrics, overall very smooth production.

Thanks for listening and commenting! I appreciate it!
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/24/22 12:15 PM
Hello Torrey and Ron
very very nice song
Sounds extremely good
Your singing makes it very catchy
Great work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/24/22 08:10 PM
Love it Torrey!!! I also hear some Beatles, some America, and a whole bunch of great Torrey!!! I think it's the diminished chords that create that old rock feel.....rarely used In modern music. This is a beautiful written, beautifully performed, beautiful song!!!!.....harmonies are PRIMO!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/25/22 08:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Torrey (and Ron)
Strong collaboration!

Torrey, I am simply amazed at your skills & talents in composing and production. One of my all time favorite bands is ELO, and somehow I get same vibe on some of your tunes. This is probably closest smile Yet, there were dozens of people who
worked on ELO tunes (musicians and engineers) and you are doing it mostly alone. Sounds great! Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Thanks Misha! Oddly, I never recall being a very big ELO fan but the Beatles were a different story, who greatly influenced the sound of ELO.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/25/22 10:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Elliott Kayne
Great song as always from you. It reminds me of a early Beatles song, which is my highest form of praise.
Great Vocals, harmonies, guitar work, chord changes, lyrics, and production. thanks for this one.

Thanks Elliott! It would be a futile effort for me to try and do something that doesn't have a little bit of Beatles influence in any of my tunes smile T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/26/22 07:14 AM
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
You've just sold one copy of your future album smile

I like your song, and I really dig those vocal harmonies. Great work!

Thanks so much! I appreciate the kind words!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/26/22 07:15 AM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Very nice production and vocals. Loved it!

Mike B.

Thanks Mike for having a listen!
Posted By: PeterF Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/26/22 07:54 PM
Torrey

A wonderful melodic song, with classic rock influences.

Superbly produced played and sung.

Excellent.

Peter
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/27/22 12:42 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Torrey, this is one of if not your best to date. I think that is going to be a great album.

I also got an ELO vibe from this one.

Everything about this one is professional.

You both should be very proud of this one.

Loved it.

Thanks Mario! I really appreciate it!
Posted By: Scott C Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/27/22 07:44 PM
Excellent production on this tune Torrey. Loved the kick. Gave the song a really cool groove. Vocal and lyric were excellent. Loved the guitar. Awesome effects and tone. Well done
Posted By: rayc Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/27/22 08:04 PM
Vocal, melody, arrangement and performances are all excellent. Terrific stuff Torrey.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/28/22 08:12 AM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Awesome! One of your best I think.

This fondly reminds me of the Eagles' - New Kid In Town. Both the electric piano as well as the harmonies are done so well. This production once again demonstrates your high level of musical skills and arranging qualities. Particularly since you are playing the instruments mostly yourself!

Rob

Thanks Rob for your comments! I appreciate it!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/28/22 08:13 AM
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Hi Torrey,

Another good song, well mixed and well sung.

I can understand what you are doing with the ELO style doubled (or similar) vocals but I would like to hear more of the singer and less of the doubled vocals particularly in the verses - just my personal preference.

Best Regards
Nigel

Thanks Nigel for taking the time to listen and comment! I appreciate it!
Posted By: Chimble Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/28/22 10:59 AM
Great song. I love the chord progression and the harmonies in the first chorus. First rate!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/28/22 03:27 PM
Torrey,

Had the chance to listen to this a few days or so ago . . . like it then, like it now. You do this stuff so well . . . you are dripping with talent. Love your vocal on this, and the backing vocals just make this so rich. Excellent collaboration, gents! You’ve written one outstanding song!

My very best to you,

Deej
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/28/22 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Like others, I got a strong ELO vibe in the beginning, and a touch of Beatles in the chorus.

Solid production all the way through, and of course, the vocals are a treat to listen to. Twinned guitars sound excellent.

I really enjoyed listening to this song.

Thanks David! I always appreciate your comments! How can I leave a touch of Beatles out of a track...impossible! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/29/22 05:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Torrey ...

Listened to this Monday evening but didn't have time to comment. I'm listening to it again as I type this.

Another vote for ELO. You are a talented man ... your music is always such a pleasure to listen to. Everyone else has already touched out the multiple perfections of this song. I have little else to add. I truly admire the depth and scope of your many talents.

Alan

Thanks Alan for the awesome comments! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/29/22 05:18 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Man, you are on a roll lately, Torrey! Just one great song after another.

I'm enjoying your collaborations with Ron, should be a strong album I think.

Nicely done, enjoyed.

Thanks Dave! I always appreciate your comments! T
Posted By: musician17 Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/29/22 05:37 AM
Torrey, this is one of your best! So beautiful, in every way. Really well done - made my morning. Thank you for sharing!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/29/22 07:38 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Torrey,

You have such a great sound. I love this song and production. The vocal is wonderful and the guitar work is truly outstanding.

Excellent!

Bob

Thanks, Bob, for those kind words! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/30/22 08:35 AM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Ron & Torrey, You guys are really my favorite group. Man, this is so good, as is every one you've done. Yeah, dreams are cool. I spend a lot of time with our 7 year old granddaughter talking about how they happen, why they happen, and what they might mean. She is very insightful, and certainly understands these wonderful lyrics. It is going to be a great album guys. Keep up the good word.

Thanks Marty for the kind words! I appreciate it!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/30/22 08:36 AM
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
lovely lyrics and vocals..sincerely.
nice guitar work. superbly done.

kudos to you mate.

best.
om

Thanks for listening and commenting!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/30/22 08:36 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Torrey,

Another well-produced, well-sung song.

Terrific guitar work.
LOVED the sound of the drums (and how prominent they were).
I thought the Bass needed to have more punch.

Excellent mix.
Good Music.

fj

Thanks Floyd! I appreciate it!
Posted By: Billybmusic Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/30/22 08:47 AM
Torrey,

I really enjoyed this song. It definitely put me in a mellow mood. Production is great, lyrics are well written.Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Derochette Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/30/22 04:21 PM
Hi Torrey Bliss,

Composition well done. It's pleasant. The spatialization is perfect. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
Alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/31/22 06:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
A little Beatles with a slight touch of the best slower expressive Motown. Nice and classy.

At the risk of repetitive redundancy smile your vocal and instrumental performances are excellent.

And we can add the write and arrangement and mix to that excellence bucket.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Thanks J&B for your kind words! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/31/22 06:56 AM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Torrey and Ron
very very nice song
Sounds extremely good
Your singing makes it very catchy
Great work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks Andi! I appreciate it!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/31/22 06:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Love it Torrey!!! I also hear some Beatles, some America, and a whole bunch of great Torrey!!! I think it's the diminished chords that create that old rock feel.....rarely used In modern music. This is a beautiful written, beautifully performed, beautiful song!!!!.....harmonies are PRIMO!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg for the awesome comments!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/31/22 06:58 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Torrey

A wonderful melodic song, with classic rock influences.

Superbly produced played and sung.

Excellent.

Peter

Thanks Peter! I appreciate it!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/31/22 06:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Excellent production on this tune Torrey. Loved the kick. Gave the song a really cool groove. Vocal and lyric were excellent. Loved the guitar. Awesome effects and tone. Well done

Thanks Scott! I always appreciate your comments!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/31/22 03:32 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Vocal, melody, arrangement and performances are all excellent. Terrific stuff Torrey.

Thanks, Ray, for taking time to listen!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 08/31/22 03:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Chimble
Great song. I love the chord progression and the harmonies in the first chorus. First rate!

Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/01/22 08:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Torrey,

Had the chance to listen to this a few days or so ago . . . like it then, like it now. You do this stuff so well . . . you are dripping with talent. Love your vocal on this, and the backing vocals just make this so rich. Excellent collaboration, gents! You’ve written one outstanding song!

My very best to you,

Deej

Thanks Deej for the kind words!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/01/22 08:52 AM
Originally Posted By: musician17
Torrey, this is one of your best! So beautiful, in every way. Really well done - made my morning. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks James! I appreciate it!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/01/22 08:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Billybmusic
Torrey,

I really enjoyed this song. It definitely put me in a mellow mood. Production is great, lyrics are well written.Thanks for sharing

Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/01/22 08:53 AM
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Torrey Bliss,

Composition well done. It's pleasant. The spatialization is perfect. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
Alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks for taking time to listen and comment! I appreciate it!
Posted By: jannesan Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/02/22 01:40 PM
Very pleasant ballad, the dreamy lyrics are nicely reflected in the chord structure, the instrumentation and the smooth vocals. Enjoyed especially the solo guitar parts. Classic pop rock feel reminding me of many hits, yet the song feels very original.

Janne
Posted By: Leon1 Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/02/22 11:53 PM
Hi Torrey

Another beautifully written, well sung and totally professional sounding song. Love the guitar work.

Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/03/22 01:09 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very pleasant ballad, the dreamy lyrics are nicely reflected in the chord structure, the instrumentation and the smooth vocals. Enjoyed especially the solo guitar parts. Classic pop rock feel reminding me of many hits, yet the song feels very original.

Janne

Thanks Janne for taking time to listen and comment! I appreciate it!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/03/22 01:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Torrey

Another beautifully written, well sung and totally professional sounding song. Love the guitar work.

Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon! I really appreciate it!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/03/22 07:20 PM
Torrey & Ron,
Another highly professional and very uplifting collaboration.
The melody does hint at the Beatles,but the whole sound is unmistakeably yours, with impeccable harmonies and those twin guitars taking the top honours for me.
Fine work !
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: IN MY DREAMS - 09/04/22 03:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Torrey & Ron,
Another highly professional and very uplifting collaboration.
The melody does hint at the Beatles,but the whole sound is unmistakeably yours, with impeccable harmonies and those twin guitars taking the top honours for me.
Fine work !

Thanks Robert! I appreciate it!
© PG Music Forums