PG Music Home
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Two Hearts - 09/05/22 04:11 PM
Two Hearts

I wrote and recorded this song two summers ago and shelved it because I thought it was too schmaltzy. Going through my files, I gave it a second listen and decided to put it out here because I rather like the melody.

Lyrics are on Sound Cloud.

Style: FPBRTEV
Band:
405 Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming
1677 Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryB
522 Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
684 Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync
RealDrums-NashvilleEven8^3-SideStick,HHatO
3199 Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist PopBalladMellowBrent

Posted By: PeterF Re: Two Hearts - 09/05/22 06:52 PM
Scott

Indeed it is a very pretty melody, and very well sung (nice harmonies).

A good song.

Enjoyed it.

Peter
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Two Hearts - 09/05/22 06:57 PM
I like the soft sixties feel of this - pretty melody for the sad lyrics and the vocal shows you can sing anything. I like your edgier side but the silky smoothness of your vocals here won me over.
A ballad to float away on; well done.

Robert
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Two Hearts - 09/05/22 07:17 PM
Scott,
Sweet tune. Great set of lyrics and performed very well! Sure, softer than many of your tracks, but that only shows your diversity and skill. Good mix.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/05/22 08:42 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Scott

Indeed it is a very pretty melody, and very well sung (nice harmonies).

A good song.

Enjoyed it.

Peter
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
I like the soft sixties feel of this - pretty melody for the sad lyrics and the vocal shows you can sing anything. I like your edgier side but the silky smoothness of your vocals here won me over.
A ballad to float away on; well done.

Robert
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Scott,
Sweet tune. Great set of lyrics and performed very well! Sure, softer than many of your tracks, but that only shows your diversity and skill. Good mix.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Peter, Robert, and Misha:

Thanks so much for giving my tune a listen and for your kind words.

Scott
Posted By: Scott C Re: Two Hearts - 09/05/22 10:49 PM
Cool tune Scott. Really glad you pulled this off the shelf. Super vocal and backtrack. Well done
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Two Hearts - 09/05/22 11:27 PM
Nice song Scott, quite heartfelt and sad but I like it.
You put a great band together.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Two Hearts - 09/06/22 09:03 AM
Thanks for dusting off your shelf, Scott. Yes, I really like the melody too. I like the easy feel of the band, and your vocal is superb. I don't see any credit for the harmony, but suspect it is not you, although with your vocal talent it is believable.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Two Hearts - 09/06/22 11:45 AM
Hi Scott
Good that you decided to publish the song
I like it very much
Great sung and a very nice melody
Very good use of BiaB
Great solo
Really good Scott
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: firesong Re: Two Hearts - 09/06/22 05:41 PM
Scott...very cool song...very pretty melody...wow! great harmonies...it has a British vibe and feel to it...I think it's the harmonies...love the track...I totally agree with Robert about the sixties feel...glad you brought this out of the mothballs...still in style!!
Posted By: RnAM Re: Two Hearts - 09/06/22 06:36 PM
Hi Scott,

We love sentimental laugh

We were struck by blending of the lead and harmony vocals of this one.
Really good!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: MarioD Re: Two Hearts - 09/06/22 08:25 PM
Definitely a 60 feel.
I'm glad you pulled this out and posted it.
Great melody and vocal.

Loved it
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/06/22 08:50 PM
Scott, Bass Thumper, Marty, Marty, Andi, Firesong, Rob and Anne-Marie, and Mario:

I appreciate you taking the time to listen and leaving me a comment. Mega-thanks!
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Two Hearts - 09/08/22 01:46 PM
Hey there Scott, ya got anymore on your shelf like this? Put 'em on here man! Great melody and nice production. I enjoyed the guitars you put on here, and as always, very strong vocal and harmonies!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Two Hearts - 09/10/22 04:33 PM
We’re glad you took this one down from the shelf. The melody is very pretty (and stuck in Janice’s head) and the melancholy lyric is not schmaltzy at all.

Great vocal and such sweet harmonies.

The band suits it so well and the solo guitar is very good.

Find another song from that shelf! smile

J&B
Posted By: musician17 Re: Two Hearts - 09/10/22 06:06 PM
SUPERB lyrics. Beautiful singing. Not too schmaltzy for me, I personally loved it. From a "technical standpoint", so to speak: love the way perspective changes. A couple of tears in my eyes, too, I won't deny. Nice guitar solo! A little gem of a song, that I have bookmarked to listen to, again. BRAVO.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/11/22 08:42 PM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Hey there Scott, ya got anymore on your shelf like this? Put 'em on here man! Great melody and nice production. I enjoyed the guitars you put on here, and as always, very strong vocal and harmonies!

Thanks, Brad!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/11/22 08:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We’re glad you took this one down from the shelf. The melody is very pretty (and stuck in Janice’s head) and the melancholy lyric is not schmaltzy at all.

Great vocal and such sweet harmonies.

The band suits it so well and the solo guitar is very good.

Find another song from that shelf! smile

J&B

Well, if the melody sticks in someone's head, that's a mighty fine compliment. Thanks.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/11/22 08:45 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
SUPERB lyrics. Beautiful singing. Not too schmaltzy for me, I personally loved it. From a "technical standpoint", so to speak: love the way perspective changes. A couple of tears in my eyes, too, I won't deny. Nice guitar solo! A little gem of a song, that I have bookmarked to listen to, again. BRAVO.

I'm a sentimental fool, so I understand the tears. Thanks for the positive response!
Posted By: edshaw Re: Two Hearts - 09/11/22 10:17 PM
Scott: One of my favorite disc jockies on I-Heart has a great show. She kicks it off by introducing, "Now, here's more sappy love songs.." Of course, it's a joke. She then proceeds to play the most beautiful songs from the 70's and 80's. If she got a hold of this one, I'll bet she'd play it. It is superb -- congratulations!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Two Hearts - 09/13/22 11:50 AM
Scott,

Too much depth in the write to ever be labeled "schmaltz".
(Fortunes have been made in Pop music from schmaltz smile )

Nice backing tracks. Well sung, well mixed.
Enjoyed hearing another from you...

fj
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Two Hearts - 09/13/22 01:32 PM
Very soothing, Scott!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/13/22 09:18 PM
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Scott: One of my favorite disc jockies on I-Heart has a great show. She kicks it off by introducing, "Now, here's more sappy love songs.." Of course, it's a joke. She then proceeds to play the most beautiful songs from the 70's and 80's. If she got a hold of this one, I'll bet she'd play it. It is superb -- congratulations!

Thanks, Ed. Those are mighty kind words, indeed.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/13/22 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Scott,

Too much depth in the write to ever be labeled "schmaltz".
(Fortunes have been made in Pop music from schmaltz smile )

Nice backing tracks. Well sung, well mixed.
Enjoyed hearing another from you...

fj

Thanks, Floyd. I would be schmaltzy all the time if I could make a fortune,
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/13/22 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Dewey_MI
Very soothing, Scott!

Thanks, Dewey. Did I have tell you that I was a CMU Chippewa?
Posted By: dcuny Re: Two Hearts - 09/14/22 12:58 AM
Too schmaltzy? Not even close!

Thanks for letting this one out! laugh
Posted By: rayc Re: Two Hearts - 09/14/22 07:39 AM
This could have been schmaltzy but your arrangement prevents that. Had McCartney written it there'd be syrup everywhere, (odd that he hated Spector's Beatle work because of the sweetening - we often hate in others what we see in ourselves), and he'd have added his mawkish phrasing too.
This is a clean reading of a lovely narrative supported by a band that doesn't get in the way.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Two Hearts - 09/14/22 05:43 PM
I like the song, and I don't think it's too schmaltzy.

I'm glad you gave it a second try, I really like the song and your beautiful harmonies.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Two Hearts - 09/15/22 02:46 PM
I thought it was great, I liked your voice in this softer setting and the song wasn't schmaltzy in my book because it didn't have the happy ending at all. In fact it was a bit sad. More fine, fine work from you.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/15/22 09:04 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Too schmaltzy? Not even close!

Thanks for letting this one out! laugh
Originally Posted By: rayc
This could have been schmaltzy but your arrangement prevents that. Had McCartney written it there'd be syrup everywhere, (odd that he hated Spector's Beatle work because of the sweetening - we often hate in others what we see in ourselves), and he'd have added his mawkish phrasing too.
This is a clean reading of a lovely narrative supported by a band that doesn't get in the way.
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
I like the song, and I don't think it's too schmaltzy.

I'm glad you gave it a second try, I really like the song and your beautiful harmonies.
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I thought it was great, I liked your voice in this softer setting and the song wasn't schmaltzy in my book because it didn't have the happy ending at all. In fact it was a bit sad. More fine, fine work from you.

David, Ray, B.D. and Bob:

Thank you for your feedback. You have convinced me that the song is not as syrupy as I had thought.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Two Hearts - 09/16/22 12:32 PM
Quite sad song, but nothing wrong with sentimentality, I love sentimental ballads and you can sing one convincingly and well in the folky 60's ballad style. Also, the beautiful melody is worth bringing this song to us. Nice light arrangement, mellow Brent works perfectly.

Janne
Posted By: rsdean Re: Two Hearts - 09/16/22 12:44 PM
Scott,

I somehow missed this one. This song is excellent. I love the vocals and melody.

The mix is also excellent - very smooth and accommodates the song perfectly.

Bob
Posted By: Derochette Re: Two Hearts - 09/16/22 03:57 PM
Hi Ezekiel's Storm,

I find this composition very successful. It's soft and pleasant. Well done. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/19/22 09:13 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Quite sad song, but nothing wrong with sentimentality, I love sentimental ballads and you can sing one convincingly and well in the folky 60's ballad style. Also, the beautiful melody is worth bringing this song to us. Nice light arrangement, mellow Brent works perfectly.

Janne
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Scott,

I somehow missed this one. This song is excellent. I love the vocals and melody.

The mix is also excellent - very smooth and accommodates the song perfectly.

Bob
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Ezekiel's Storm,

I find this composition very successful. It's soft and pleasant. Well done. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Janne, Bob, and Derochette:

I mightily appreciate you giving my little song a listen and your kind feedback.
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Two Hearts - 09/20/22 03:48 AM
Lovely melody and excellent vocal. Love the band you put together for this one. Very, very far from schmaltz.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: dani48 Re: Two Hearts - 09/20/22 10:15 AM
Hi, Scott !

What a wonderful tune you´ve written !
I like it very much and especially your
beautiful vocals !

Take Care !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Two Hearts - 09/21/22 09:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Lovely melody and excellent vocal. Love the band you put together for this one. Very, very far from schmaltz.
Regards,
Leon
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Scott !

What a wonderful tune you´ve written !
I like it very much and especially your
beautiful vocals !

Take Care !

Cheers
Dani

Leon and Dani:

I thank both of ye lads kindly for giving my tune a metaphorical spin and adding your thoughts to the post.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Two Hearts - 09/22/22 08:08 AM
Nothing wrong with schmaltzy in my book wink

Love the vocal melody, and your vocal is spot on.

Good choice on the guitar solo, perfect for the song I think.

Good one, Scott, glad you decided to keep it!
Posted By: Derochette Re: Two Hearts - 09/22/22 03:50 PM
Hi Ezekiel's Storm,

Very catchy and enjoyable song. The orchestration is well done. It's very pleasant. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Two Hearts - 09/28/22 03:52 AM
Scott,

It's a very sweet melody.
I love sentimental.
I strongly feel the folk rock taste of the 1960s.
Your vocals fit this song very well.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Two Hearts - 09/30/22 04:24 PM
Hi Scott ...

Good choice in revisiting his one. The blend of the vocal and music is so perfect. The recording of the acoustics uis so nice - perfect EQ and placement. Lovely song and a very nice listen.

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Two Hearts - 09/30/22 08:39 PM
Pretty song!! Well written and arranged....I think the acoustic lead was Brent?.....Love the way he plays and this was the perfect RT for the song! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Two Hearts - 10/06/22 08:18 PM
Scott,

I like the melody also! It's a lovely tune with a great vocal performance! Your singing is always spot on! That acoustic guitar solo fits nicely!

Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums