PG Music Home
Posted By: parmstro I can't believe it's time to say goodbye - 09/23/22 12:30 PM
Here is a gentle end of the week blues to help you chill out. Sorry, it's a bit long, as it's designed for me to noodle around playing guitar whilst it sends you to sleep!!!

Started off as a simple progression going down - D, D7, Bm7, Bmaj7 - I like the chords going down plus the step down from the F# to the F. The I wrote a middle 8 using parts of that same progression.

__MONDAY.STY in 12/8, with alto sax soloist TexasBluesRock Slow 12-8
564:Bass, Electric, Blues Monday Sw 065
565:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Monday Sw 065
~569:Guitar, Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Delta Sw 065
Drums Nashville128^08-a:Snare, Hihat , b:Snare, Ride

Melody line is me on keyboard as I can't sing
Lyrics are work in progress, but are based on fact that I used to travel all over the world, and hated having to go away all the time - see below for sort of idea.

I use a Roland SD-50 as it plays the audio tracks and also MIDI.

You know I hate to leave, but I love the coming back
We just need to cut ourselves some slack
You know I'm leaving in the morning
So let's enjoy the night
'Cos I can't believe it's time to say goodbye

https://on.soundcloud.com/9tHRV
"end of the week" "Blues" Woohoo! Two of my favorite things. Oh, yeah, I really like the melody, Peter. Sax is cool. Fun chords for bridge, too. Good band with the resonator and the guitar right. Cool keyboard solo. Is dat you?
Many thanks, yep that's me.
Peter,

Sounds good. Nice use of BIAB.
Mix is well balanced.

Welcome to the Showcase.

fj
welcome.

nice keyboard work.

really like the chords at 1min and earlier and peppered thru' the song. eg 3min56secs etc .

i also like the rt choices and REALLY LIKE the bass choice. and its sound picture.

only thought i had was maybe shorten the song a tad ?

happiness.

om
Posted By: dcuny Re: I can't believe it's time to say goodbye - 09/24/22 12:24 AM
Nice arrangement and mix.

At the 3:30 mark I was hoping it would wind down - not because it wasn't good, but because I've got the attention of a squirrel. wink

I enjoyed the listen!
Sorry, forgot this was the long version of the song designed for me to sit quietly and noodle around on the guitar, totally agree that a shorter version would be easier to take. I will keep my future offerings shorter!!!
Hard to go wrong in our book with a slow blues swing ... very nice.

Excellent job on the keys and the RT sax fits in nicely.

Well done and welcome!

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: I can't believe it's time to say goodbye - 10/02/22 12:54 PM
Excellent tunes. BIAB is great to put up a 12 bar blues song on loop and play for hours. Well done.
I love the Stormy Monday RTs and you've used them well here. Everything's sounding good, only ding is the time length as others have mentioned. I shouldn't talk, my last song was just over five minutes. But usually I keep it under 4:00 and if I'm doing blues, even shorter.
Nice sound, this would be fun to just sit and jam to - and I think the lyric ideas you've got so far would work very well.

Brad
© PG Music Forums