PG Music Home
Posted By: Chris37 Bluesy tango - 09/30/22 02:17 AM
Hi all,
Here's a musical trip between blues and tango.
The melody I've composed is played by a Hi-Q Grand Sforzando Piano.

https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/bluesy-tango

RD Tango
RT 917 Acoustic Bass
RT 1903 Acoustic Guitar
RT 3048 Accordion
RT 3075 Fiddle
RT 2642 Piano
RT 3203 Solo Acoustic Guitar
RT 3355 Electric Guitar
RT 3247 Solo Electric Guitar
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Bluesy tango - 10/01/22 12:01 PM

i'm no expert in the genre. but this is a very nice tango imho.

what i REALLY LIKE is how you made the song ROCKY with that guitar. sorta mixing genres.

lovely piano. excellent ideas in the song.

happiness

om
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bluesy tango - 10/01/22 07:22 PM
Hi Chris ..

I really like this - very much! The chosen instruments work very well together. The fills between the piano's parts are particularly good They complement the piano quite nicely without taking the focus off of it - very good mixing! The words that come to mind for me are tasteful and quietly exciting.

Alan

Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Bluesy tango - 10/01/22 09:20 PM
I didn't think I would like single note playing on a piano but this worked quite well for me, especially blended in with your other instrument choices. I loved when the solo electric guitar chimed in. Very pleasant piece, good work.
Posted By: mark wilson Re: Bluesy tango - 10/01/22 09:29 PM
Nice Lee Done!! Maybe one of the better sounding tracks I've heard composed on BB. Melody is perfectly effective
-Mark
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Bluesy tango - 10/02/22 02:30 PM
Thanks Om, Alan, TuneMonger and Mark.
I think tango is a kind of argentine blues.
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Bluesy tango - 10/07/22 02:37 PM
Nice one. You did a great job of intermixing the piano and guitars. I thought it was great. Very entertaining.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Bluesy tango - 10/08/22 09:04 AM
Excellent job. Piano melody sounds wonderful, background texture perfect as its foil. Electric guitar great. Accordion gives it authenticity, somehow. No criticisms :-)
Posted By: olemon Re: Bluesy tango - 10/08/22 09:34 AM
So that's a melody you wrote using midi? Very creative. Nicely done.

Took me to a peaceful European sidewalk cafe where tension or possibly even danger arises. Or perhaps some boisterous foreigners show up.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Bluesy tango - 10/08/22 10:01 AM
Wow, that's such a cool combination of genres, Chris. Wonderful idea and so well executed. Man, cool bluesy changes with a tango feel. Sometimes I get to jam with a multi-instrumentalist that will just turn and say something like, "I wanna hold your hand in reggae." Fun stuff, Chris.
© PG Music Forums