PG Music Home
Posted By: RnAM A House, a Home - 10/09/22 04:52 PM
Last year an organisation that tries to help the homeless finding a home, asked us to write a song about it. The song was in Dutch of course, but especially for you, we've made an English version.

Style is _BRIGHTP.STY (Bright Pop Rhythm Section)

RealTracks in style: ~388:Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1729:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopBalladJohn Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 629:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanDirty Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~522:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
Loop in Song: HipHop\Old School - neon_drums_95_g ev16.wav
RealTracks in song: ~621:Pedal Steel, Background Easy Ev 136
RealDrums [in style:PopPromiseEv16^1-a: Snare on 4, HiHat , b: Snare, Open HiHat

Anne-Marie
Posted By: musician17 Re: A House, a Home - 10/09/22 05:03 PM
I enjoyed that a lot. Nice video, too - and what a lovely gesture for you to create such a song for such a beautiful cause. Thanks for doing the English version for us, too, so we can understand!
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: A House, a Home - 10/09/22 05:27 PM
Now I'm in the mood for spaghetti...thanks cry

Knowing how hard it is to translate a song from one language to another, I'm pretty impressed with the result.

I like the song, and you created a good video (with spaghetti) as icing on the cake (well, now I'm REALLY hungry) grin
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A House, a Home - 10/09/22 05:31 PM
Anne-Marie & Rob...

A beautiful song (about an important subject).
Good vocals.
Good backing with a good mix.
Video is well done.

We toured The Netherlands (a few years ago) by bicycle. Amsterdam, Haarlem, The Hague, Delft, Gouda, Utrecht.
We saw virtually no homeless (in the US we see them everywhere).
We asked a guy in Amsterdam "Do you not have a 'homeless problem'?"
He said "No...we give them homes"

What a great idea!

(My wife and I volunteer with Feeding Tampa Bay every Monday at a cafe that serves a free hot meal to anyone who walks in. These are the homeless in one small area of Tampa. It is usually 200+ people in the hour that the cafe is open. And they do that every day - at 3 different locations).

fj
Posted By: firesong Re: A House, a Home - 10/09/22 06:56 PM
Anne Marie and Rob...what a wonderful thing to do and what an encouraging song...you guys are masters at producing wonderful tracks from BiaB and I always look forward to hearing them...this is no exception...as B.D. mentioned it must be quite a challenge to transcribe from one language to another and keep the syllable count and meter of the song consistent...I had some folks from Finland translate a few of my songs into Finnish and it sounded "foreign" smile but beautiful...Anne-Marie your voce is always exquisite and I adore your guys harmonies...good work for a good cause!
Best regards...Dan
Posted By: rsdean Re: A House, a Home - 10/10/22 08:31 AM
Rob & Anne-Marie,

What a beautiful song for such a great cause... Superb vocal my Anne-Marie.

Loved it.

Bob
Posted By: jannesan Re: A House, a Home - 10/10/22 01:12 PM
Nice pop song for a good cause. Enjoyed the chord progression, nicely flowing melody and the strong chorus. Pleasant vocals. I'm glad you made the English version.

Janne
Posted By: Al-David Re: A House, a Home - 10/10/22 08:42 PM
Hello Friends ...

A great song for a great cause. And thank you for the wonderful effort to make a version in English for us. Excellent sonmg.

When I was stationed in Germany for the US Army, I visited The Netherlands twice - same place both times: I don't rtemember the name of the town, but it was close to the Belgium border.

Again, a very nice song. Anne-Marie shines on this one!

Alan
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: A House, a Home - 10/10/22 09:44 PM
Good chords, melody, vocal and video! And such a good cause. Excellent work. I'm retired now, but one arm of my former agency worked with the homeless population. I was in developmental disabilities, but sometimes events merged and I got to know some of the homeless people we served. The peer counselors were very impressive!
Posted By: rayc Re: A House, a Home - 10/11/22 05:52 AM
A cracking good chorus carries the heaviness of the verses into positivity.
EXCELLENT and thanks for doing the English version of it for us.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: A House, a Home - 10/11/22 11:04 AM
Thanks so much for translating it. This sentiment sounds good in any language. Love it, Rob and Anne-Marie. I was homeless for a little over a year when I was much younger, and it was quite an eye-opening experience. This song is so warm and inviting, which makes it a masterful write, likely giving the organization that asked for it more than they believed possible. Well done on many levels.
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: A House, a Home - 10/11/22 02:43 PM
Nice one and very timely. Great vocals and message, and the production was really good. I loved that short steel part - totally unexpected. Thanks for sharing it with us in English!
Posted By: Derochette Re: A House, a Home - 10/11/22 04:33 PM
Hi RnAm,

Lovely ballad full of romance. The dubbed voice is excellent. It's pleasant. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Robertkc Re: A House, a Home - 10/11/22 06:26 PM
Rob & Anne-Marie,
A song that celebrates the values of walls and a roof... for everyone. Wonderful inspiration (the homeless camps are growing in our Canadian cities too-its an epidemic), a warm vocal and good video to accompany.
Very well done!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: A House, a Home - 10/11/22 10:11 PM
Rob and Anne-Marie,

The org. that requested this song, has to be very pleased with what you have done here! This is a great sounding tune! That chorus is very memorable and also sung extremely well! The video work is as usual for you, done at a professional level!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Birchwood Re: A House, a Home - 10/12/22 11:53 AM
Hi Anne-Marie and Rob,

I'm curious for the Dutch version, but I like this one a lot. Beautiful vocals/harmonies and a touching melody!
And about the topic; it's a shame the Netherlands are sinking more and more on that 'front'.
So you did a good job on accentuating it.

But I will conclude with saying you really made a very nice piece of work!
Hulde!

Groetjes,
Hans
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A House, a Home - 10/13/22 04:08 PM
That’s a beautiful song and a heartwarming video. Thank you for the English version.

Anne Marie, your vocals alone would convey the warmth of home but the accompanying band is ace.

Thank you for the sentiment.

It's a huge problem in our area and we support charitable organizations that focus on the issue.

As always a great audio and video production.
Well done!

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: A House, a Home - 10/13/22 09:43 PM
Excellent song. Homelessness is a problem all over the world. Strange world when some have so much and some have so little. Excellent cause for your song. Well done...
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: A House, a Home - 10/14/22 02:54 PM
Hi Anne-Marie and Rob
Very nice idea
But also the implementation is very well done
Very nice sung
And the sound is of course also excellent
A great song and Video
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: A House, a Home - 10/14/22 09:04 PM
This is a beautiful song and the production for the song and video is excellent.

Charlie
Posted By: David Snyder Re: A House, a Home - 10/15/22 12:00 PM

Hey,

This is a great idea for a song! Really great sounds, and vocals, and production. Everything!

I also liked the video--and I too am ready for a nice snack now!!

smile
Posted By: Noel96 Re: A House, a Home - 10/16/22 11:02 AM
Hi Anne-Marie and Rob,

Love it!

The change in musical presentation between verse and chorus was perfect! I love listening to Anne-Marie's singing. Her voice always sits so very comfortably in my headphones and on my mind.

One thing that really struck me was just how professional the two of you sound. This production is outstanding. It's the equal of the very best studio mixes I've heard.

And to cap it all off, the video was superb.

Everything about this worked for me!

All the best to you both.
Noel
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: A House, a Home - 10/16/22 01:10 PM
yep that piano rt i like also.

fantastic song and i love the way it goes from soft >> heavy.

this should be number 1 with a bullet on commercial radio.

imho this is a classic song thats forever lasting like
a gershwin might create.

kudos to you both. totally great 'hooks'.

a great showcase for what can be achieved with biab.

i'm totally 'gushing' over this song.

om

Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: A House, a Home - 10/16/22 03:36 PM
Excellent Cause
Excellent Arrangement
Excellent Lyrics
Excellent Vocals
Excellent Video

"You step inside and feeling free"

Well done indeed.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: A House, a Home - 10/17/22 10:11 AM

Homelessness seems to be a universal problem these days, it's always been around of course, but at least here it seems to have gotten far worse in a short amount of time.

Enjoyed your song and video, well done Rob and Anne-Marie!
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: A House, a Home - 10/17/22 10:14 AM
A very noble use of your talents to be sure! Well done.
Posted By: RnAM Re: A House, a Home - 10/19/22 05:09 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
I enjoyed that a lot. Nice video, too - and what a lovely gesture for you to create such a song for such a beautiful cause. Thanks for doing the English version for us, too, so we can understand!

Thank you! But there will still be a Dutch song from time to time..

Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Now I'm in the mood for spaghetti...thanks cry

Knowing how hard it is to translate a song from one language to another, I'm pretty impressed with the result.

I like the song, and you created a good video (with spaghetti) as icing on the cake (well, now I'm REALLY hungry) grin

Thank you!
Well I hope it didn't make you feel very hungry!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Anne-Marie & Rob...

A beautiful song (about an important subject).
Good vocals.
Good backing with a good mix.
Video is well done.

We toured The Netherlands (a few years ago) by bicycle. Amsterdam, Haarlem, The Hague, Delft, Gouda, Utrecht.
We saw virtually no homeless (in the US we see them everywhere).
We asked a guy in Amsterdam "Do you not have a 'homeless problem'?"
He said "No...we give them homes"

What a great idea!

(My wife and I volunteer with Feeding Tampa Bay every Monday at a cafe that serves a free hot meal to anyone who walks in. These are the homeless in one small area of Tampa. It is usually 200+ people in the hour that the cafe is open. And they do that every day - at 3 different locations).

fj

Thanks Floyd.
How nice you visited our country!
Nowadays there are about 35.000 homeless people in the Netherlands. And there is a terrible shortage of houses.
So the homeless are not necessarily tramps or something like that. Even a divorce may be the reason.

Originally Posted By: firesong
Anne Marie and Rob...what a wonderful thing to do and what an encouraging song...you guys are masters at producing wonderful tracks from BiaB and I always look forward to hearing them...this is no exception...as B.D. mentioned it must be quite a challenge to transcribe from one language to another and keep the syllable count and meter of the song consistent...I had some folks from Finland translate a few of my songs into Finnish and it sounded "foreign" smile but beautiful...Anne-Marie your voce is always exquisite and I adore your guys harmonies...good work for a good cause!
Best regards...Dan

Thanks Dan, I appreciate your compliments.

Anne-Marie
Posted By: MarioD Re: A House, a Home - 10/19/22 05:21 PM
What a beautiful song for such a great cause!

Outstanding vocal.

The video fit the lyrics perfectly...great job on both!

I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: A House, a Home - 10/19/22 06:16 PM
Anne-Marie and Rob.
Thank you for sharing. A+ vocals. Strong arrangement and good mix. It is good to know that some countries try hard to take on the issue of homelessness! Thank you for sharing English version.
Misha.

P.S. It is very painful to see so many homeless folks here in US in wealthy cities like New York, Los Angeles, Seattle and others. It seems the number of homeless people grew exponentially since the start of pandemic.
Posted By: dcuny Re: A House, a Home - 10/19/22 10:57 PM
Wow - color me impressed!

It's hard enough to write a song, to say nothing of writing well it such a specific subject. But then doing it the same thing in English?

Nice work. laugh
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: A House, a Home - 10/22/22 10:56 AM
I like that your video is a reminder of the everyday things we have that are part of the comforts of a home in addition to shelter.

Good song. I especially liked the harmonies.
Posted By: RnAM Re: A House, a Home - 10/25/22 05:17 PM
Hi Guys,

Being a bit short of time, I'd like to thank you all.
Off course I've read all your comments, which were very kind.
But I don't have the time to thank you all one by one.
I'll do my best to pay more attention to you next time!!!!

Anne-Marie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: A House, a Home - 10/26/22 07:47 PM
Very nicely done you guys!! Your production is always completely pro level!! Hopefully the organization used this tune for their intended purpose. Very cool indeed!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums