PG Music Home
Hi my biab's friends,

Like many people, we are sad to see so many innocent civilians killed in this war in Ukraine. With this instrumental composition, I tried to convey to you the fear of these people who are bombarded daily.

ps : Do you know the translation of dies irae in this composition which means day of anger ?

Used tools

Vst biab for chords
some wave files on the internet
eastwest choir
Spitfire chamber strings
8dio synthesizer arpeggio
Ez drummer

If you are kind enough to comment and listen to this instrumental composition, thank you in advance. Your advice is always welcome. Excuse me for the delay in my answers because it depends on my free time. But I always respond to each of your messages sometimes several days late..

The link to my compo is :

https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/apache-helico-came-from-the-sea
I like it, sounds like a score for a war (or anti-war) movie.
Hollywood is calling smile
Derochette, very well done.
I feel a lot of military tension in this piece . . . marching and helicopters.
Likewise I hear the human anquish resulting from war.

Great job and Long Live Ukraine !

PS> We get a good daily summary of what's happening in the war from Brent Goff of DW News (Berlin)
Yeah, JJF, this was first rate and sounded just like what you said it was about. Super production. I wasn't familiar with Helicos and it didn't google, is that the same as the god Helios? Got a little lost there. Anyway, super job, you got a talent for this kind of work and it surely shows.
Hi Derochette
I have a lot to do with Ukrainian refugees
And they have experienced so much bad (especially if they come from the East)
This country can use all the support it can get
And your song can help to wake up people not to look away and to help
Great song with a great message behind it
Well done
Thanks for sharing
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Derochette:

Outstanding arrangement once again—love the early tense build up starting off . . . drum work is excellently sprinkled in, giving this both urgency and dread. Love the use of the choir to accent the piece. Really well done!

All my best to you,

Deej
Derochette...what a compelling score...worthy of the cinema for sure...beautifully arranged and assembled...the use of the choir was haunting...such an emotional piece...this is magnificent! Best regards...Dan
Derochette,

Stunning. Dramatic. BIG.
Captures the drama perfectly.
Great mix.
Exceptional composition.

Why the world hasn't banded together to rid itself of megalomaniac tyrants (in all countries!) is mind-boggling.

fj
Hi DeRochette ...

Powerful! This composition demands a huge soundstage and you provided it perfectly. I particularly enjoyed the build-up as the song approached the ending. Very well done!

Agree with Floyd: Why the world hasn't banded together to rid itself of megalomaniac tyrants (in all countries!) is mind-boggling.

Excellent work! Very enjoyable with a bold message

Alan
Like B.D. says:
This is really music for a war movie!
Very good but also frightening.
But war is frightening.

There are a lot of Ukrainian refugees in my country too.
It's terrible what's happening over there.

Let's hope this music, however good, can be put on a shelf soon.

Anne-Marie
Derochette,

This is a very good production that is mixed really well! I think it conveys the atmosphere the title proclaims! Nice use of effects!

Thanks, Torrey
Love your productions, Jani. This was no exception. Really powerful piece of music. Very cool soundscape. Well done
Hi B.D.Thomas ,
I spent a lot of time on this composition that I created a year ago. I tried to colorize it these last days to make it more alive. Thanks for the nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi Bass Thumper,

Trying to transcribe in sounds the suffering of people who only ask to live in peace is not an easy thing. Thank you for stopping by and appreciating.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi TuneMonger,

The god of mythology Helios (God of the sun) has nothing to do with this composition. I had used an abbreviation for helicopter in the description and it was confusing. I corrected the title That being said, thank you for the comment you were kind enough to post on my page.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi PROJECT M ,

Many people suffer in times of war and I salute the work you do to help these poor people. In Europe, we have never experienced this since the Second World War. Thank you for your nice comment on my composition.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Derochette,
Cinematic, ominous and moving; you captured the intensity you feel about the outrage of this conflict.
I especially liked your use of the eastwest voices to bring the angst to a human level.
Wonderful production skills as always with your work.
Very well done.

Robert
Hi Deej56,

It is always a pleasure to read you . Thank you for this encouraging comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi Dan (Firesong),

I'm glad you like this instrumental composition because I saved a lot of time to color it with sounds of helicopters that can be integrated. Thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Helicopters Came From the Sea but hell came from the East.

My prayers go out for all those civilians in Ukraine.

This song captures the hell those civilians are going through.

Excellent work.
Derochette,
Interesting and intense composition, especially opens toward the end. Good mix and good effort of showing horror through music. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

P.S. I have several old time friends from Ukraine. Stories they tell are petrifying. This is all like a bad dream.
Man, what a piece of music! I am so very impressed. I think this is great, I think it portrays what you wanted to impart perfectly. The production is fantastic, I want to see a movie made out of this.

Brad
Excellent work, great war rhythm created with the drums and all orchestral instruments support it nicely, synths and the helicopter sound give the modern atmosphere describing perfectly this current unfortunate and sad world where machines and modern weapons cause terrible damage and human life is worthless. You are true master of instrumental scores, thanks for sharing your work.

Janne
Derochette, what a brilliant opening to convey the fear of bombings. Man, you continue to amaze me with this kind of musical talent. IN addition to the bombs you used some cool rapid fire instruments. Man, this is the way battles should be fought. This is outstanding, sir. The world needs to hear this. Then there's the medevac --to me unnoticed in the beginning the first time, but so important as the last fading sound.

Still here. 4th listen. Actually gets more remarkable each time through.
Hi Derochette,

When reading the title of your song I was caught.
And the song itself is catching too.
A lot of tension, in a way oppressive and really cinematic.
So a very good contribute on the madness of this war.

Hans
Hi floyd jane,

thank you for the nice comment. Let's be optimistic the future will get rid of these tyrants who no longer have their place on our beautiful planet.

Kindly regard
derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi Al-David,

I'm glad you enjoyed this instrumental composition. Thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Hi RnAm,

At the start of this year, we never imagined a war in Europe. May is a sad reality. Thank you for the comment and for appreciating.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Very impressive. You certainly got your message across to us clearly.
The composition is well composed, arranged, mixed and is very cinematic.

As others have noted, the choir addition is a good one. The sounds of the machines of war against the despair of human cries was bone chilling.

So sad to listen to but such a good production.

Hoping for an end to the madness soon,

J&B
Excellent cinematic piece conveying the horror and futility of war.

Very evocative and well composed. Great build.

Sad that we find ourselves in this situation yet again.

Peter
I agree - engaging from start to end. Sounds awesome in stereo - big!

As Peter said - cinematic.
Hi Torrey,

Thank you for your nice comment. I always mix with Ozone9 to finalize my tracks.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi Scott C,

It is always with pleasure that I read your comments. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi Robert kc,

I appreciated your comment. the vst Eastwest was a reference a few years ago. This firm lost a lot by leaving Kontakt to create its own wave player. But this firm remains a very good product to color our musical productions. Thank you again for your appreciation.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi Rustyspoon,

Thank you for your musical analysis. I really tried here to transcribe in sound the feelings of people like us who survive in this sad war and who see that everything they have invested in their lives is destroyed and that there is little chance that they will be able to reconstruct their ideal again.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflah

Hi Brad,

Your comment is nice. But I think few people are interested in my instrumental composition. In any case it makes me really happy to read what you wrote and I thank you for it.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Very powerful piece of music! Really well arranged and produced.

Excellent!
Hi jannesan,

I particularly appreciate your analysis of my composition and your comment. I spent a lot of time searching the web for real sounds of helicopters and explosions to color and reinforce the tension of this instrumental musical. Thanks to you

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi BabuMusic,

I always appreciate to read you and I also thank you for your opinion on soundcloud. This composition took me a long time. I tried to improve it before posting it on this forum. And between us, I extracted a choir from the dies irae to finalize the composition. Again a big thank you to you.

Kindly regard
derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi Birchwood,

In Europe, we were surprised by this absurd war and we are saddened by the death it causes among people who only wanted to live in peace. Thank you for your analysis and your message.

Kindly regard
derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Cinematic, indeed. A movie score. A video is needed for this composition.

Again, you have accomplished what you set out to do. Music fits the title and conveys the emotion and tension of the situation.
Hi Janice & Bud,

Your comment really makes me happy. I humbly tried to convey the anguish and sadness of people who only ask to live in peace and that war has taken everything. Thanks again to your comment Here and on soudcloud.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi PeterF,

I'm glad you came to comment on my composition. In this one I put a lot of heart into it and I hope that this dramatic tragedy will end soon. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi Dcuny,

Thank you for your appreciation and your kind comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi BlueAttitude,

Thank you very much for your comment and for your appreciation.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Hi Ezekiel's Storm ,

You're absolutely right, a video would have been ideal for my composition, but unfortunately I'm not very good at the image. Thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
© PG Music Forums