PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. Final Touch - 10/31/22 12:43 PM
hi guys lots of ezkey ezdrums,ezbass, komplete 13 biab came up with a nice solo sax Style is _JCOOLPN.STY (Smooth Jazz Cool Swing 16 w/ Pia) RealTracks in song: ~1056:Sax, Alto, Soloist SmoothJazzCool Sw16 100 Thanks for listening https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/final-touch?si=e63d1b10dcfb47f79b0744a7f110a7aa&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing have not firgure out why I have a long tail on the wave file https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/final-touch?si=e8c92793464841b9ac56f7198d7887ee&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Final Toutch - 10/31/22 02:06 PM
Hi Eric
Sounds very very good
The sax has a great sound
Also the solo guitar
A great mix, Eric
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: MarioD Re: Final Toutch - 10/31/22 02:37 PM
Sounds great - super mix

As usual outstanding guitar chops

Nice sax

Note that you have about 7 minutes of silence at the end of your song. You should eliminate that. I use the free Audacity for tasks like that.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Final Toutch - 11/01/22 01:15 PM
Hi Andi thanks for stopping buy and listening and your feed back thanks Eric
Posted By: Mora La Loba Re: Final Touch - 11/01/22 03:19 PM
Very nice swing M.M.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Final Touch - 11/01/22 05:52 PM
Nice guitar work and some interesting chord progressions.
The mix sounds pretty good as well.
After 3:53 it gets a bit boring, though grin
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Final Touch - 11/01/22 07:42 PM
Eric, fun stuff.
Neat use of all those synths combined with BIAB and your signature playing makes the package complete.
Mix sounds good and thank you for sharing.
Misha.

P.S. B.D. comment: "After 3:53 it gets a bit boring" LOL.!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Final Touch - 11/02/22 02:05 AM
Hi eric ...

I always love your compositions. And yeah, what Mario said about Audacity. I use it all the time - on virtually everything I post.

A perfect blend of yuour guitar and the sax. As always, your tone is fabulous! Love the chord pattern, too. Lots of surprises with some unexpected twists and turnms. Nicely done!

Alan
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Final Toutch - 11/02/22 12:07 PM
Thanks MarioD for listening and feed back I appreciate it a lot Eric
Posted By: jannesan Re: Final Touch - 11/02/22 03:50 PM
Very exciting chord progression, sometimes dark sometimes warm. The sax and guitar play nicely on top of the band. Well mixed, especially the piano and the organ create very pleasant instrument bed.

Janne
Posted By: dcuny Re: Final Touch - 11/02/22 09:27 PM
Hi, Eric.

Your playing and tone are great as usual! smile

You can use a free audio editor like Audacity to edit the file and chop off the empty tail of the .wav file before uploading it to SoundCloud:

https://www.audacityteam.org/download/

Also, SoundCloud likes to give really long links, but all the stuff after the ? is just for SoundCloud to track who clicks what. You can cut the link down to:

https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/final-touch
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Final Touch - 11/03/22 05:38 PM
Nice ... as always you sit in so well with your chops and tone on those BiaB tracks.

It has a well honed band feel.

You and the sax make a great pair!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Final Touch - 11/03/22 07:26 PM
Eric

Some nice playing and arranging.

As always a lovely tone and feel.

Peter
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Final Touch - 11/04/22 10:21 AM
Ah, yes indeed. The sax has a great sound, and fits well in this tune. Still, when I see "F.M.M." I know I'm in for a musical treat with your guitar. This one does not disappoint. Man, you and that sax sound like you've been playing together since you were kids when you were born with a guitar in your hands. Very engaging sound, Eric.
Posted By: firesong Re: Final Touch - 11/04/22 01:01 PM
Eric...I really like this piece...the way you used the sax and your guitar on the leads was very pro sounding...I always love the tone of your guitars...mellow and deep sounding...it ended kinda funky though...maybe a gentle fade out would work there IMO...nevertheless great listen!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Final Touch - 11/07/22 11:27 AM
Thank you Lora La Loba for listening ,I appreciate it thanks for your feed back Eric
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Final Touch - 11/08/22 08:09 AM
Sounding good, Eric!

Love the interplay with the sax, but mostly I love your playing. Such great tone and phrasing! You have your own very recognizable style, and at the end of the day that's what we all want, I think.

Enjoyed!
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Final Touch - 11/10/22 08:57 AM
Hi B.D. Thomas thanks for taking time to listen and feed back Eric
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Final Touch - 11/17/22 10:47 AM
Thanks Misha for your feedback I appreciate your kind words Eric
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Final Touch - 11/21/22 07:41 PM
Eric, I'm with Dave. Great instrumental, and I know you had to work hard to get that sax sounding so good - which it does, but I enjoy your guitar picking the most. I also thought the mix was great.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Final Touch - 12/01/22 10:48 AM
Thanks Alan for your kind words Eric
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Final Touch - 12/01/22 12:12 PM
Hello Eric,

I like the way you played that guitar. I also enjoyed that sax.
Very good!

The only two things I noticed were the sound of the organ and your long ending.
The organ was becoming too loud towards the end. But I saw no one else mentioned it, so maybe it's a matter of taste?
And your long ending must have been a mistake, I presume.

But I want to stay with my second line: very good song!

Hans
Posted By: tommyad Re: Final Touch - 12/01/22 01:57 PM
Eric, I always love the tone you get out of the Paul. Great playing and nice backing tracks. I don't know why there is such a long silent part at the end, but you can fix that easily. Nicely done, Tom
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Final Touch - 12/01/22 07:03 PM
Great playing, Eric, as usual. I've encouraged you in the past to play a fast run or two just to add some variety and I'm going to do that again. Still very enjoyable and your technique is nonpareil. Nigel suggested that you should become a Real Tracks artist and I agree!
Posted By: rayc Re: Final Touch - 12/02/22 05:34 AM
Hello Eric - super tone & playing as always.
The backing sounds a bit bass heavy and as if there's a ton of reverb on the piano...they all sound BIG in a spacial sense.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Final Touch - 01/31/23 05:01 PM
Thanks, Janne, for listening and comments and kind words Eric!
© PG Music Forums