PG Music Home
Posted By: Robert1752 ''My Hero''. A collaboration song - 11/06/22 08:46 AM
This is a three way collaboration, with a set of Lyrics written by Catherine Meldrum, with her friend Maira Sifaki. From Greece. Who sang the song so beautifully, and of course me who created the backing tracks with BAIB. I cannot believe this was all done via messenger and DropBox. It was incredibly great fun to do. as I am sure they have had as well. The category may not match though. Anyway hope You like this

The style:- _CRICH2.sty. Country Ballad w/Dreamy Guitar

The Patches:-
Bass - 1547 Bass:Electric, Country Swing Sw110
Guitar 1 - 1139:Electric, Rhythm Country Swing Clean A-B Sw 110
Guitar 2 - 372:Acoustic strumming Hank Sw 120
Guitar 3 - 1554:Electric Rhythm Country swing Gritty A-B Sw 110
Sax - 2016 Tenor Soloist Country shuffle Sw 110

The song was produced and mixed in FL Studio.

https://soundcloud.com/robert-henry-843621731/my-hero-ft-maira
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: ''My Hero''. A collaboration song - 11/07/22 10:11 AM
Very well done, Robert. Excellent vocals. I feel that the rest of the mix could be louder, although I like the vocal out front.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: ''My Hero''. A collaboration song - 11/07/22 05:18 PM
Good, upbeat song and yep, Maira provided some terrific vocals. Mix needs some glue. Maybe just raise the backing track levels as Marty suggested.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: ''My Hero''. A collaboration song - 11/07/22 10:27 PM
Hey Robert, your team (and you) did a great job; some saxxy sax for sure and Maria has a sweet voice.
Very enjoyable listen.
Posted By: dcuny Re: ''My Hero''. A collaboration song - 11/07/22 11:11 PM
Nice job, all.

Especially Maira on the vocals!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: ''My Hero''. A collaboration song - 11/07/22 11:22 PM
Robert & Maira.
Pleasant tune! Very good vocals. Solid arrangement, but I wish instruments, except vocals and sax would be a bit louder.
Thank you for sharing.
Misha.
Posted By: rayc Re: ''My Hero''. A collaboration song - 11/08/22 04:31 AM
I kept waiting for an obvious reason for the vocal sitting on the left but nothing came to make that seem right.
It's a nice song, the instruments are a bit quiet though the sax seems, stylistically, out of place & too loud.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: ''My Hero''. A collaboration song - 11/08/22 07:14 AM
Nice song with a very good sounding singer. I like it.

The mix could be improved because it sounds unbalanced, left-heavy.
I understand you wanted the vocals half left and the sax half right so they don't fight each other, but in my opinion a song like this should be all about the vocals (especially when you have such a good singer).
I would put Maira right in the middle, guitars left and right, and either find a place in between for the saxophone, or put it in the center too, but less loud.

But it's still a very pleasant listening experience, and as I said, I like it.
© PG Music Forums