PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Jam-1-01 - 11/21/22 01:38 PM
Jam-1-01

Note that this is just a jam so if you don't like jams we might want to skip this one.

This is a jam that BobH and I did a couple of weeks ago. We had our guitars plugged into my DAW and we recorded this. I was facing BobH and following his chord progressions. This was adlib and totally spontaneous. I later added my fretless bass part and strings.

I did a minimal amount of work in Melodyne to correct a couple of bad notes.

Strings BiaB style = Fedility MIDI - Pop Strings Ballad
Adding the strings took a lot of time, as I had to match the BiaB chords to our chords via my DAW and then rewrite a number of areas to better fit the jam.

Note that this does have a few warts and buzzing strings but we thought it might be worth sharing so let us know what you think, good or bad.

PS - Don't ask about the title. I have no idea why I titled this as I did shocked
Posted By: firesong Re: Jam-1-01 - 11/21/22 02:32 PM
Mario...I prefer jam to jelly...it's fun to just sit around with a friend and create together...sounds like you had a good time!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Jam-1-01 - 11/21/22 06:14 PM
Keep Jammin', y'all...
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam-1-01 - 11/21/22 08:47 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Mario...I prefer jam to jelly...it's fun to just sit around with a friend and create together...sounds like you had a good time!

Thanx Dan. I do like both kinds of jams! Yep, BobH and I always have a good time just about every Sunday.

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Keep Jammin', y'all...

We plan on it and in fact have been doing it for some time now. Thanx for listening.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Jam-1-01 - 11/23/22 11:39 PM
Love your jams Mario. So much fun to improvise live. Excellent backtrack to noodle along to. Excellent melody. Well done..
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Jam-1-01 - 11/26/22 01:36 PM
Hi Mario
Cool Jam
Can be listened to in an endless loop ;-)
You can tell how much fun you had doing it
Great work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: MarioD Re: Jam-1-01 - 11/26/22 06:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Love your jams Mario. So much fun to improvise live. Excellent backtrack to noodle along to. Excellent melody. Well done..

Thanx so much Scott. I wasn't sure that I should post this or not as it is just an open jam so I'm glad that you liked it.

Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hi Mario
Cool Jam
Can be listened to in an endless loop ;-)
You can tell how much fun you had doing it
Great work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanx Andi. BobH and I have a ton of fun jamming and I'm glad that it showed.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Jam-1-01 - 11/26/22 06:42 PM
Hi, Mario !

Love your jam session
all the way !:)

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Jam-1-01 - 11/28/22 07:50 PM
Nothings ever wrong with a couple of guys getting together and just jammin, thanks for inviting me along.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Jam-1-01 - 12/03/22 05:42 PM
I always enjoyed jams soooo much more than gigs!

Nice performances guys ... but, hey, can the word jam and the time of 2 minutes occupy the same space? smile

Mellow, smooth and most cool.

Keep having that fun!

J&B
© PG Music Forums