PG Music Home
Posted By: dr_t Where Would I Be? (feat. Voisey artists) - 11/25/22 06:50 AM
Where Would I Be?
"Where Would I Bee?" super-extended Voisey remix.

https://youtu.be/zZGWPFSnI_c

I originally thunk up the tune and chords for this during the first covid lockdown, whilst out walking in the spectacularly sunny spring of '20. I sat on it for ages, unable to put words to it, until the words eventually came to me one day this year ('22).

In the intervening two years, I had posted an 8-bar section of the backing track on the Voisey app (R.I.P.) to see what users on there might do with it. The second half of this track is mostly a collage of Voisey clips mixed into the overall track.

All tracks were generated by BIAB, except for (a) the featured Voisey soloists, and (b) the main theme, which I'm playing on a Yamaha WX5 midi wind instrument ("air sax" voice on the Yamaha VL-70M module). GarageBand was used to produced the final mix and to add "Quincy" percussion (as heard during the intro, but continues throughout).

The base style for this is real style _JBRZTSR (real tracks 1636, 1639, 1637, 1642, and JazzFunkFiery drums) with additional contributions from real tracks 1058, 2290, 2291, 3553, 2952, and 2953. "Jazz Vocal Room" reverb added to sax tracks in GarageBand, with "Nice Hall" reverb added to horn section tracks and "String Hall" referb added to string section tracks.
I like your song, it puts me in a nice relaxed mood.

For my taste, the intro is way too long (even though you stated it's the super-extended remix), because the best part is the vocals, and they start at about 5:30, a time when you've probably already lost most of your listeners.

I'd put part of them in much earlier (as a little sneak preview) and THEN have the listener wait for them to come back again.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Where Would I Be? (feat. Voisey artists) - 11/25/22 02:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. Excellent relaxing piece of music. Reverb gave the song a really cool live feel. Well done..
Welcome to the forum
Very good song
Makes a lot of fun to listen
And sounds great
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Very nice production ... and video. I thought the mix was great. It is a very long song and intro, I think B.D. has some good ideas. I really liked the theme of the song. Speaking from a personal perspective, I may have written something more along the lines of "I know I'm not good enough for heaven, or all that I should be. I don't feel worthy of your sacrifice ... still, you've blessed my life", but again that's a personal perspective and what went through my head at the time. The way you had the words coming up with the music on your video it was as if I could hear the voice singing before it even started. I really liked those bells and that bass. Fantastic job, and welcome to the forum!
© PG Music Forums