PG Music Home
Posted By: BabuMusic Save It! - 12/16/22 09:52 AM
Save It! on Soundclound
Save It! on YouTube

This is another plea for the good folks of this planet to gather together and do what is necessary to save our planet for our progeny. Of course, we'll have to save ourselves from ourselves first.

Key=Eb , Tempo 78, Length (m:s)=4:18
4 bar intro, 76 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 80.
Style is _TBLZSEV.STY (Slow 12/8 Blues w/ Vintage Piano)

RealTracks in style: 2361:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm MotownSlowBluesy12-8John Sw 085
RealTracks in style: 1924:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Sol Sw 060
RealTracks in style: 1923:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Brent Sw 060
RealDrums in style:BluesRock128^6-a:Snare, HiHat Loose , b:Snare, Ride

Dave Bell of Blue Attitude played guitar and I played bass and did the vocals. My original idea was to get as many of you as possible to sing the ending with me, but realized that would only be possible (feasible) in a live setting. So the next time we all get together... Comments of any kind are welcomed.

Save It

Looking out on the water, there is something floating on top.
Oh, where did we let go wrong? And how do we make it all stop?
We can taste all our careless neglect in every dewdrop.

Save it from total destruction. Afterall we are what we drink.
It's time for a toxic reduction. Save our life from the brink.

Look around at our forests. They're laying in waste on the ground.
Oh, Earth will survive us or will it? Will humans still be around?
We need to gather as one for the cause for life to rebound.

Save it from covetous grabbers, who selfishly think Earth's their toy.
All of this life really matters. Let's leave it for all to enjoy.

END REF: Save it. Save it. We need to change this planet's fate.
We gotta save it for others to come. Save it before it's too late.
Save it. Please.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good write.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Save It! - 12/16/22 12:41 PM
Hi Marty and Dave
Great song
Also a good time for such an important topic
The realization of you and Dave
couldn't be better and does more than justice to the topic
Great collaboration with an excellent result
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Save It! - 12/16/22 03:01 PM
Great song, great message. Dave tore it up on guitar. Excellent vid. I wrote a long paragraph on the subject matter and then deleted it when I reminded myself I was on a MUSIC forum. Happy Holidaze, all!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Save It! - 12/16/22 05:01 PM
Marty,

"We can taste all our careless neglect in every dewdrop."
Loved that line! Good write with an important message.

Dave's guitar is exquisite, as always.
Man! your Bass sounds good (or Great!)

Excellent mix.
Excellent listen.

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good write."
HA! You are a funny (and very clever) man...
You are the Sunshine of the Showcase.

fj
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Save It! - 12/16/22 05:27 PM
Great song, great message, great guitar playing.

Oh, almost forgot, bass and vox are also great grin cry grin
Posted By: rayc Re: Save It! - 12/16/22 06:13 PM
1st off: the guitar, guitar parts, guitar tone and use of delay are SPOT ON.
Protest without being offensive - cool.
The last note was a nice surprise in a terrific vocal performance.
Everything to love, nothing a reasonable person could disagree with.
Bloody excellent.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Save It! - 12/16/22 06:53 PM
Hi BabuMusic,

Very nice well orchestrated song. Well written lyrics. It's pleasant and it makes us aware of the fragility of our planet. Well done. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: RnAM Re: Save It! - 12/16/22 10:20 PM
I'm usually not a big fan of political or environmental songs, but when done as professionally as this one I might change my mind ;-).

I immediately recognized Dave's guitar and was waiting for the main solo.

And it was Cool as always!

Rob
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Save It! - 12/16/22 10:20 PM
Hi Marty,

Enjoyed your new song - well done.

I would love to hear it with your voice up a few Db and out front (less reverb).

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Save It! - 12/16/22 11:19 PM
I second what Floyd had to say - great writing throughout! A lot of great lines in this one, I was very impressed. The mix was great, and I sure liked your vocal on this one too Marty - and your bass and Dave's guitar - it just can't get any better!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Save It! - 12/17/22 02:22 AM
Strong intro. Good vocal and lyrics, Nice harmony. Tasteful guitar.

Electric keys fit well.

Upbeat chorus for a downbeat topic. smile
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Save It! - 12/17/22 08:43 AM
One of my favorite songs from you, Marty, and man, you have written so many great songs in the time I've known you!

Great job on the video also, I need to figure out how to do that overlapping image thing one of these days, very effective.

Thanks for the invite, was a pleasure to play on this one wink
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Save It! - 12/17/22 01:34 PM
Andi-- Thanks so much. Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Thanks, Bob, I read your message on YT, and know we both have a lot more to say on the subject. I know a few intelligent folks who say, Global warming? That's for me." Scientists are not good at naming things, especially a crisis. hehe Happy Holidaze to you, too --emphasis on the daze.

Ah, Floyd, you picked up on my favorite line in the song, and gave me a new moniker to boot. Thanks, man. You may notice I try to emulate my favorite people, and so I have changed my format of replies here to match what you're doing now. Haha Actually the idea is to more quickly respond so I have more time to listen to others. Enjoy the rest of this one and have a great next year. Looking forward to all you share of it here.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Save It! - 12/17/22 02:28 PM
Marty,
The upbeat way you sing the chorus relieves the dark litany of our neglect described aptly in the verses...we could all add to them, no doubt!
Fantastic guitar fills and solo from Dave.
Be assured, many of us are singing along at home by the end.

Robert
Posted By: tommyad Re: Save It! - 12/18/22 09:35 AM
Marty, this is obviously an important message song. Great delivery on the vocals. Dave’s guitar playing and your bass work are pro level. The mix sounds good. We all need to do our part to save the planet in this time of crisis and you certainly are stepping up to the plate with this fine production, Tom
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Save It! - 12/19/22 11:59 AM
Thank you, BD. I just had a chance to preview your next one, and I love it.

You're right, Ray. Dave is so good AND so easy to work with. All I have to do is drop in his track, add a volume and pan envelope for parts, and it's perfect. Ah, yes, the Beatle 6th chord ending works well with the word please. smile

Thanks, Derochette. Over time the planet will likely bounce back, but humans...
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Save It! - 12/19/22 12:40 PM
Oooo, that plaintive plea of the opening guitar sets the tone.

Message is on point. Right on, brother Marty!

I like your cool demeanor with the topic. I would probably be screaming and wailing. laugh
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Save It! - 12/19/22 02:08 PM
An important subject for sure and you guys did a great job all around.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Save It! - 12/20/22 11:50 AM
I totally agree with your distaste of political and environmental songs, Rob. Maybe this one is just a song about science and the law of large numbers. wink I also totally agree with you about Dave.

Thanks, Nigel. I sometimes say, "Maybe the vocal should be louder." Then end up lowering it even more after I try that. I'm not a fan of my voice. If I was mixing you, you'd be way out in front because I AM a big fan.

Brad, thanks so much for listening and such kind words.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Save It! - 12/20/22 11:59 AM
An amazing and vital message. Graphic in its description, but some need being "shocked" into action, so not complaining about that :-) I like your voice, you know that :-) Great guitar solo, as always, from Dave. Complex musical writing, I thought - and "complex", in my book, is a compliment - and the writing really works, too. Really well done - the equivalent of a musical "pulling of the emergency cord" and waking people up into action - great job.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Save It! - 12/20/22 01:42 PM
Marty and Dave

It's another excellent piece of music! This has a message that should be heeded by all! Daves searing guitar tones really set the mood for this bluesy song! Marty, you do a great job harmonizing with your lead vocal! The whole song has been done very well!

Thanks, T
Posted By: jannesan Re: Save It! - 12/20/22 04:44 PM
Very very important message that should have the highest priority on every politician's agenda now that we may have already crossed the line of no return. The Dave & Marty band has already a trademark sound which is always pleasure to listen to. Nice vocal performance with emphasis and pleading. Great way to end with "Please", although it should be followed by "!!!" wink

Janne
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Save It! - 12/22/22 09:43 AM
Thanks, David. There is still hope. wink

Thank YOU, Dave. Man, if I can teach you something about overlapping video it would hardly be payback for all the amazing guitar work you do on these songs.

Haha! Thank you, Robert. You're right, we all could add verses to this request.

Thanks, Tom, and I like the baseball reference.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Save It! - 12/23/22 11:35 PM
Loved Daves intro and callbacks. Awesome tone. Loved the vocal and lyric Marty. Excellent tune to finish up the year. Perfect message.. Well done
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Save It! - 12/24/22 10:37 AM
Haha, thanks, Scott. You're right about Dave and his extraordinary ability to interpret songs with music. More bees with sugar, or something like that.

Thanks, Bass Thumper Steve.

Thanks, James. I like that about pulling the emergency cord.
Posted By: vicarn Re: Save It! - 12/24/22 11:54 AM
A message for all, Marty.
I hope your message gets through.

Vic
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Save It! - 12/26/22 06:55 PM
“Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good write.”

Thanks, we needed that. smile

From Dave’s opening guitar plea to your ending vocal plea this song got our attention.
We agree with your message and it’s also one that fits well with the Christmas theme of peace, hope and love.

Excellent performances from you and Dave and the BiaB band.

And the fine video well supported the delivery of the important message.

Merry Christmas!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Save It! - 12/26/22 09:49 PM
Marty

What Bud & Janice said.

Excellent song and some inspired playing by you and Dave.

Peter
Posted By: MarioD Re: Save It! - 12/26/22 10:03 PM
This is a great protest song

Loved the vocal, lyrics, guitar leads, and mix.

A great video to prove your point.

I am restricting myself from ranting and raving about the prolific use of plastic to this one line.
Posted By: firesong Re: Save It! - 12/27/22 03:30 PM
Marty...another great blues song from you and Dave but this time...hopefully...it's a blues that we all share and are concerned enough about to do something...those are heartbreaking images on the video...the song is "as usual" a brilliant production and musical collaboration...I always appreciate how your lyrics lay comfortably in the music's groove and don't compete with it at any point and are never forced...I believe the phrase is "in the pocket"...once again a stellar effort my friend!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Save It! - 12/28/22 10:41 AM
Thanks, Torrey. I was once in a band that featured 4 lead singers. I was just the bassist. They would spend an awful lot of time trying to find a magic harmony note. They just didn't see it as math. Sometimes it would take them a half hour to come up with the line I suggested earlier. Egos made them wait until they could claim the win.

Thanks, Janne. I'd put over-population a bit ahead of as a solution, but no politician would ever want to tackle that problem.

Thanks for ALL of your comments, Scott. I really really appreciate them.

Thanks so much, Vic.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Save It! - 01/18/23 10:39 AM
Hi Marty,

I didn't know you had launched this song when we talked about the one I was busy with before getting ill.
It's a great message, Marty! I think we need more of these warnings
But beside that; focussed on the melody, the vocals and the lead guitar, it is all arranged very well.
I liked it all, but you know that; you're good!

Hans
© PG Music Forums