PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Immanuel (snappy Christmas sing-a-long) - 12/16/22 12:41 PM
Over the years, I've written a handful of "Christmas" songs...this is one of them...it's based on a scripture from the prophet Isaiah(4:17) "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."...though the word Immanuel is written as a name in English translation it is actually a Hebrew phrase literally meaning "God is with us"...this year I remastered some of my Christmas songs with BiaB...so....if you do...thanks for listening...Dan

Immanuel
https://soundclick.com/r/s7qbaj

BiaB components:
2609 Bass
852 Electric Guitar
3149 Mandolin
3147 Mandolin
618 Fiddle
691 Acoustic Strum
3199 Acoustic Solo
Drums-Nashville Even 8s
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Immanuel - 12/16/22 12:49 PM
Hi Dan
Would not have expected such a "tempo" in your song
But I find it really cool
The development of the melody is also very well done
The singing rounds everything off very nicely and makes the song so beautiful
Great work Dan
Wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a healthy happy new year 2023
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
hi firesong,

Nice intro. Your voice is splendid and the whole thing really pleasant. Very nice achievement. I really enjoyed it.

Kindly regard
Derochette
aliasJaniJackFlash
Hi Dan
This is a beautiful song with a beautiful vocal, harmonies, arrangement and melody. I think it's a ballad because it starts on a minor chord. I also love the way you raise the chord on each verse - it keeps it very appealing.
Regards Dermot
Dan, as usual another good song. There seemed to be a lot going on in there between all the instruments and voices, but it really stood out to me how well you balanced and mixed them so well. Great Job.

Brad
Posted By: RnAM Re: Immanuel (snappy Christmas sing-a-long) - 12/19/22 10:04 PM
We did not expect this song tempo either, but it works out really well.

The vocals and backing vocals are top-notch as usual.

The fiddle adds to the emotion of the song.

We wish you a good Christmas and all the best for 2023.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Hi Dan,

When I saw the posts here I read about a tempo they didn't expect for your songs.
Well, I only expect to hear very melodious songs from you, with your very nice, strong vocals.
And you delivered! And man, I like that tempo too. It fits in the song like a... like a glove?
Deliciously rousing song, if you can say it like that. Google wants me to use the word 'uplifting' but that's not what I mean, I think ;-)

Hans
Dan,

This is great! What a wonderful Christmas song with real meaning! The key changes are awesome and executed flawlessly! Love the harmony parts you did on this! Instrumentation choices worked really well! Never get tired of hearing your tunes!

Thanks, T
Posted By: nevnbron Re: Immanuel (snappy Christmas sing-a-long) - 12/20/22 06:46 PM
G'day from Adelaide in South Australia. I am still getting used to the whole forum thing and haven't posted anything yet but I am really enjoying the quality of material found here. Firesong I found myself being drawn into the stable, and felt the moment even stronger as you shifted up through the keys - lovely vocals and great use of the 'less is more' principle in the well-produced accompaniment. I look forward to hearing more - Merry Christmas
Dan,

A good write. Well sung.
The drums don't have the clarity that all the elements of the mix have, so they seem "in a different space". (the rest of the mix is good).

fj
Posted By: tommyad Re: Immanuel (snappy Christmas sing-a-long) - 12/20/22 07:29 PM
Dan, nicely written. The vocals are outstanding. I enjoyed it very much, Tom
Great song Dan! Thanks for posting it. Fantastic production.

Mike B.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Immanuel (snappy Christmas sing-a-long) - 12/20/22 09:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Dan,

This is great! What a wonderful Christmas song with real meaning! The key changes are awesome and executed flawlessly! Love the harmony parts you did on this! Instrumentation choices worked really well! Never get tired of hearing your tunes!

Thanks, T

I totally agree with Torrey.

God gave you a terrific voice and you are using it perfectly to spread the word.

Another Christian masterpiece that should be on the radio today.

Merry Christmas my friend.
Posted By: firesong Re: Immanuel (snappy Christmas sing-a-long) - 12/21/22 07:00 PM
My heartfelt thanks to everyone who have commented on the song...my best regards...Merry Christmas to all! Dan

Wow, great song Dan.

I like this a lot!!

Merry Christmas!
Hi Dan,

Excellent song and performed.

I particularly like the multiple changes of key.

I think this is your best to date.

Best Regards & Merry Xmas
Nigel
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Immanuel (snappy Christmas sing-a-long) - 12/22/22 01:58 AM
Firesong,

The “Immanuel” refrain is an ear worm—very compelling. Powerful and resonate vocal—great mix. Truly, I don’t hear a single thing that’s off here—just a spot on production. I’m hearing some slick key changes here, I think . . . and they work really well. Splendid, from first note to last. Just brilliant!

All my best to you,

Deej
Excellent, Dan. I like the key changes. It builds the excitement and stress of birth. A very strong song of hope. Vocals are such high standard. Loved it. Merry Christmas to you, Dan.
In a word, Joyful! Says is all indeed.

The modulations were nice and hi lighted your fine vocals.

Good choice of RT’s and RD too.

Enjoyed it,

Happy Holidays!

J&B
© PG Music Forums