PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/18/23 05:19 PM
Another tune with my new lyricist and songwriting partner Rachel Cintula, who recently joined my Nashville Songwriters group.

I had a title and chorus only and sent it to her. She sent back the rest of it about five minutes later and asked me if that is what I was looking for. Not kidding. She has also added about 50 songs to our dropbox. Going to be a busy year. Her lyrics took me to a place I had not expected with the music. Love the New BIAB country stuff.

Church Girls

by Rachel Cintula and David Snyder

https://soundcloud.com/rachelanddavidworktapes/church-girls

CHURCH GIRLS
By Rachel Cintula and David Snyder

V1

My buddy’s been chasing girls all around
Getting his heart caught up in every bar in town
But when the fun dries up he gets let down
I said son,
You need to find you one with the Holy Ghost
So find you a girl who’s heaven bound
Fill a pew and listen for that heavenly sound
Ah, church girls love having a sinner around
So go ahead and let her save your soul

CH

And I love church girls
It’s amazing how they walk
I love church girls
Cause they giggle when they talk
And I love church girls
You know I do
Oh, God you know it’s true
I love church girls
Yeah, I love church girls

V2

Cause she knows her Lord wore thorns for a crown
Her eyes on the cross, her feet on the ground
With a kind of love that always abounds
A church girl can make your life whole
So find you a girl who’s heaven bound
Fill a pew and listen for that heavenly sound

CH

Oh I love church girls
And I love church girls
Cause they giggle when they talk
And I love church girls
You know I do
I love church girls
I love church girls

BR

And the preacher said Hell can’t get any hotter
I said I don’t know preach
I just met your daughter

CH

And I love church girls
I love church girls
They giggle when they talk
And I love church girls
You know I do
I love church girls
I love church girls
I love church girls

All music and lyrics copyright 2023 by Rachel Cintula and David Snyder

David Snyder: Lead and backing vocals, arrangement, instrumentation, mixing and mastering

RealTracks in style: 3467:Bass, Electric, AmericanaSyncSteveAB Ev16 085
RealTracks in style: 2906:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm BluesyPopMike Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 794:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernCountrySync Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 2541:Pedal Steel, Background ModernPopCountry Ev 110
RealDrums in style:NashvillePop16^1-a:Snare, Hihat , b:Snare, Ride

Posted By: Brad Williams Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/18/23 07:53 PM
David - good song! You need to hold on to the co-writer. I liked the melody and production, but the writing really stood out, "Cause she knows her Lord wore thorns for a crown Her eyes on the cross, her feet on the ground With a kind of love that always abounds A church girl can make your life whole So find you a girl who’s heaven bound" - fantastic. And true. I found one and I know for sure. Really good stuff!

Brad
Posted By: PeterF Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/19/23 01:50 AM
David

A good catchy chorus. Nice band and well constructed and written song.

Good stuff.

Peter
Posted By: jannesan Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/19/23 02:13 PM
Hot subject, really hot wink Very very very catchy chorus, one I would like to sing aloud, but I think it's better just to hum it smile "I just met your daughter" funny well chosen line. The band works nicely and the mix is good. The only thing that's missing is the church girl choir to complete the heavenly sound.

Janne
Posted By: firesong Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/19/23 04:36 PM
Hey David...I love church girls too...the two women in my life (my wife and daughter) are church girls...catchy lyrics and melody...sounds like you and Rachel have formed a formidable team...keep it up...we love listening!
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/19/23 08:42 PM
David.

great song idea...unique. a hoot.

when i was young ...me n' me mates used to chase church girls..(or was it the other way round on occasion...lol.)

good times when i sang in a church choir ages ago.

loved it..and lyrics.

happiness.

om
Posted By: dcuny Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/20/23 02:58 AM
Hahahahaha! laugh

Cool lyric.

Love it.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/20/23 10:17 AM
Good song with great lyrics and a catchy chorus, I like it.

The drums are a bit too busy for my taste, but the song itself is pretty good.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/20/23 11:13 AM
Man, you and Rachael work so well together. Are you guys doing your song-a-day thing next month? Nice to hear you sing of church girls in a better light than Billy Joel did. wink Man, you have a terrific selection of instruments to make this good song even better. Excellent melody and changes to bring it to an even higher level. You found yourself a real gem there, David, and I'm REALLY looking forward to be one of the reapers of that benefit. I didn't hear the choir until the last sustain --there was that much goodness going on.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/20/23 05:26 PM
"And the preacher said
Hell can’t get any hotter
I just met your daughter"

HA!

Good one.
Good BAND.
Your usual emotive vocals!

More.

fj
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/20/23 08:58 PM
Good work both of you. I enjoyed my listen.
Rob4580
Posted By: tommyad Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/20/23 11:04 PM
The band sounds good.The chord progression went to a couple of unexpected places, but that's a good thing when it works. And this does. Good lyrics. I think this partnership looks promising. Nice work to you both, Tom
Posted By: edshaw Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/21/23 11:59 AM
More like this, whadda-ya-say, Dave & Rachel ?
Posted By: rayc Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/21/23 10:59 PM
Your collaborator has edged you even closer to the lyrical danger zone: blurring the fine lines works for you musically too.
Good work.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/22/23 03:28 PM

Thanks Brad,

Yeah Rachel and I are having fun and she is writing up a storm.

smile

Glad you liked it!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/22/23 03:28 PM

Thanks Peter!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/22/23 03:29 PM

Thanks Janne!

Ah, go ahead and sing it loud.

It might save your soul man!

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/22/23 03:30 PM

Thanks Dan,

I am so glad you liked it!

Yeah Church girls are the best aren't they??

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/22/23 11:01 PM
Thanks so much Muso!

I am glad you liked it!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/23/23 03:32 PM
Well, I can't tell you on here what a drummer in one of my bands said about a "church girl", a preacher's daughter that he knew.... well, one civil word.... "hot".....her daddy would not have approved..... this is a family friendly forum.

Nice job.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/23/23 05:05 PM
Thanks David!!

I live to make you laugh man!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/24/23 10:49 AM
Thanks B D.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/24/23 10:51 AM
Thanks Marty,

We have something else coming real soon.

Make sure you are sitting down is all I can say.

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/24/23 10:56 AM
Thanks Floyd old buddy.

Prepare yourself for the next one.

I mean it bro.

Get ready.

smile

Rachel is singing and you just better be ready.

It's all I can say.

smile
Posted By: Rachel Cintula Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/24/23 06:27 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words regarding the collaborations David and I have been sharing.

I am very grateful he returned my email and we began this journey!

As David has mentioned in previous responses, I am singing the vocals on the next song. My first time singing demo vocals! Exciting and a tinge scary.

Again, thank you all for your kind words on the three songs we have shared thus far.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/24/23 10:28 PM

Hey Rachel,

So nice to see your happy, shining face! Long time no talk ha ha!

smile

Welcome to the forum! We are so happy you are here!!!! It is going to be one epic year!

Tomorrow will be a Twitter meltdown day I am guessing.

People get ready is all I can say.

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/24/23 10:29 PM

Thanks Rob!

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/24/23 10:30 PM

Tommy!

Nice to see ya!

Thank for the listen man!

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/24/23 10:30 PM

You it Ed.

Tomorrow will get a little spicey so hang on.

smile
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/24/23 10:31 PM

Ray,

We plan to skate much closer to the edge than you ever imagined my friend.

And then....

We're going to cross it.

smile
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/25/23 08:32 PM
David/Rachel

Catchy tune with memorable lyrics and melody! You all definitely cranking out a lot music! Great job assembled band here! You always do that!

Thanks, T
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/27/23 01:31 PM
Hallelujah brother!

“And the preacher said Hell can’t get any hotter
I just met your daughter”

Just when we were thinking P&W along came the bridge. smile

You seem to have met a lyricist with the same sense of humor and we all get to benefit from that, David.

Good country band and lively vocals to go along with the fine lyric.
Good one!

J&B
Posted By: Deej56 Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/27/23 08:24 PM
David and Rachel,

So my second “D&R” track listen . . . and it only confirms you two have something good going on. Love the lyrics here and the vocal captures and delivers the vibe of the song. Good work on the production elements as well . . . can see where B.D. thinks the drums might be a bit busy (maybe), but that’s a matter of artistic choice. Excellent as is!

My best to you both,

Deej
Posted By: MarioD Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/27/23 08:38 PM
David and Rachel, you two make a great team.
I got a chuckle out of some of those lyrics.

I really liked this song!
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/28/23 06:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Rachel Cintula
Thank you everyone for your kind words regarding the collaborations David and I have been sharing.

I am very grateful he returned my email and we began this journey!

As David has mentioned in previous responses, I am singing the vocals on the next song. My first time singing demo vocals! Exciting and a tinge scary.

Again, thank you all for your kind words on the three songs we have shared thus far.
Hi Rachel
Welcome to the forum
Wish you much fun here
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: David Snyder Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/30/23 01:05 AM
Thanks Herb!!

Man, if I have said thanks twice forgive me. Threaded mode says I am not logged in when I am and is driving me a little cray cray.

smile

I can't keep it all straight.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: CHURCH GIRLS_with Rachel Cintula - 01/30/23 08:48 PM
I love the lyrics, Verse and chorus, and that bridge is great. Rachel's verses complement your chorus.
© PG Music Forums