PG Music Home
Posted By: tributeman 50,s rocknroll - 02/06/10 12:49 PM
unless Im missing them there doesnt seem to many 50,s r/r styles in biab.Im especially interested in early Elvis and also the style of his songs of 1960 when he finished his army training. For example the shuffle style of a song called "Judy" and the feel of "Such A Night"thanks Frank.
Posted By: martijn Re: 50,s rocknroll - 05/13/10 09:51 PM
+1 for 50's R'n'R, and Rockabilly, and early 60's R&B !!!
Chuck Berry (Chuck Berry style, not Stones' style), Bo Diddley, Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnnie Cash, Buddy Holly...Johnnie Otis, Coasters, Rufus Thomas, Solomon Burke...

so much useful stuff in there, straddling Blues, Country, R&B and even Gospel...

Thanks,
Martijn
Posted By: axelrod Re: 50,s rocknroll - 09/20/10 09:42 PM
Another +1. Bill Haley, Bo Diddley, authentic sounding Chuck Berry, Gene Vincent and Elvis styles with the raucous drumming, slap bass and echoed guitar embedded in the Real Tracks. Would be a real plus
Axelrod
Posted By: multitracker Re: 50,s rocknroll - 02/12/11 03:59 AM
Big +1 here also.
Posted By: GHinCH Re: 50,s rocknroll - 05/01/11 05:11 PM
+1 I'd dig that.
Posted By: WBR Re: 50,s rocknroll - 05/25/11 12:20 PM
I agree, but please don't forget Carl Perkins flavored rockabilly. It's probably old and a bit hard to find, but years ago the cable channel Cinemax did a one hour special tribute and had him on the show with the Dave Edmonds Band, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Lee Rocker, Roseann Cash, and a few other prominent artists (I'd like to say Clapton was there, but I'm not positive, but I know the other ones listed were there). Carl put on a great show. The man could play that guitar.

Also, Merle Travis did his finger picking on an electric guitar in a lot of Western Swing recordings. Listen to his guitar solo in Divorce Me C.O.D. I'd also love to have that available in a real track, both rhythm and solo parts.

Thank you
© PG Music Forums