PG Music Home
Posted By: mangoa world beat styles - 08/11/10 08:37 PM
I find world beat is a bit under-represented in Realtracks.

It would be great to have some Caribbean styles (Reggae, Ska, Calypso, Soca, Beguine, Zouk, Kompa, etc.) and some more Brazilian styles (Baiao, Partido Alto, some more samba styles).

You see, I only came to BIAB with Realtracks (didn't like the midi thing much) and now that I got a taste of it, I would love some more ! And since I live in the Caribbean, my interest leans more towards World beat rhythms.
Posted By: Omar Chowdhury Re: world beat styles - 08/21/10 12:45 PM
I fully agree. I have been using BIAB for the past 7 years (and making music with it).
It would also be great to see Indian, Asian and middle-eastern styles and percussion instruments from the RealTracks line. Imagine the potential of number of people using BIAB/RealBand when you just consider developing Indian drums (tabla) based style set alone.
I come from Indian background, and Indian music has its own heritage specially in the area of beats and style. Many of my fellow Indian musicians like the way how BIAB works, but they immediately feel discouraged due to lack of Indian style sets and inadequate use of Indian percussions in RealDrums/RealStyle/RealTracks. I believe, this could be a potential Niche market for PGMusic. For example, Indian musicians don't have to buy Tabla loops anymore to be used with Cubase/Cakewalk only if PGMusic provided RealDrums based on Tabla.

Thanks and regards,
Omar Chowdhury
© PG Music Forums