PG Music Home
Posted By: KarenZ classic styles - 01/18/12 08:45 AM
I'm new to posting anything except letters, so I think I put my comments into the wrong box. I see some other users are also looking for classic styles, so here's my vote too.

Thanks.

Karen

I emailed the following to your company, and they suggested that I send my question to this forum. Here is a copy of my email. I look forward to hearing from you. Karen.

"I have been using your program for a number of years now (I have BiB 2010) and have done some nice backings for midi files from the web or from written music files I have converted through Finale Print Music. I am a singer not a musician."

However, my one wish is that you had more styles for middle-of-the road songs, musical theatre songs, non-jazz ballads and light classical music. With this in mind I contacted Garriton Music who have music styles available in the genres I am looking for in their “Instant Orchestra” program. Garriton is available in the Finale Pro series which is too expensive and too complicated for my use. If I bought their stand-alone Instant Orchestra package, would I be able to use this with Band in a Box, which I am now comfortable using?
I am trying to do backings for “Nella Fantasia” and “Memory” at the moment, as well as Agnus Dei by Bizet.
Posted By: Tony Wright Re: classic styles - 01/18/12 11:09 AM
Quote:

However, my one wish is that you had more styles for middle-of-the road songs, musical theatre songs, non-jazz ballads and light classical music.

Yet another request for these kinds of styles which I heartily endorse. The jazz/rock/country genres are well served but there are a lot of more gentle songs to be played or sung.

Tony
© PG Music Forums