PG Music Home
Hi I Love Band in a box and Real Band God Bless you Guys this is my Wishlist for Band in a box and Real Band 2014 Real Brass Trumpets and Trombone for latin Singers and Producers for the style of Latin Cuban Salsa Clasical and Modern as well for merengue Modern also Modern Bachata Real Guitar Tracks Percussion
and Guiro for Latin Music lovers it will be a Hit you know it thanks for the good work God Bless.
+1 of course. As this is your first post here, I just wanted to make sure you know that recent versions of BIAB support loops. There are some decent Latin jazz brass loops out there.
Hi Matt,

How can u use brass loops in styles (how could u manage to make a loop follow chords changes in BiaB)? I'm puzzled...

Mo.
That's what loops do. They are snippets of sound that can adapt to key or tempo changes.

Loops are not related to BIAB styles. I only mentioned them as an alternative that could be considered, unless and until BIAB comes out with the style you need.
NI has a new Cuba product which has percussion, bass, piano, tres and trumpet... but no trombone. It's discounted 50% for the next week, and it looks like it would be a good match - it uses samples and a pattern grid (with a lot of presets), so it's got more flexibility than loops.

NI also has Session Horns on sale at 50%, which does has a trumpet and trombone... Only they don't work in solo mode (grrr).

BiaB has MIDI drums where you can set up patterns, but RealTracks are so easy to use that it's been years since I've looked into that functionality. But it might be something worth looking into, especially if you're got a good sampled drumkit.

Of course, you're request is 100% right. Having RealTracks would be great for you. smile
You're right :
- NI Cuba offers great flexibility and convivial interface
- But (for brass library) I would prefer Best Service Chris Hein Compact (less resources-hungry) since you can pick up whatever instrument u need for small or big bands

@ Matt : Please, for my personnal education purpose, could u show me an example of brass loop used in BiaB ? So far, I've just used percussion loops...

Mo.
Mo, some of what I do is write and play horn parts, so I haven't used brass loops in BIAB. It's the competition! I'm assuming it can be done, though, so perhaps someone else here has tried it?
I don't have any examples of loops in BiaB because I import all my stuff into a DAW - it's the environment that works best for me.

Here is an example of loops and BiaB tracks put together in a DAW. Here is an example of "pure" BiaB horns, built by using holds and hits instead of the "default" rhythms. Here is the same track with trumpets added in a DAW using JABB (Garritan's Jazz and Big Band).

As a caveat - the trumpet that comes with Cuba has gotten mixed reviews - some people like it, others say it's worthless. It's only available with a mute, and has three different articulations, so it's definitely limited. There's a tutorial on YouTube where someone puts together a song in Cuba, but he ends up using trombones from SampleTank 2, and his own sampled trumpet because he doesn't think any good trumpets available.

Other reviews have noted a lack of Latin brass and good loops.

So there's definitely a niche here BiaB could fill.
I know you know it but anyways nothing sounds better than the sound of real trumpets and trombones check this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KxkMLAZlzw
in the beginning the sound of the trumpets and trombone are excellent hope you like it.
What we need is the same “Sabor” in the horn section sounds and phrases like El Gran Combo/Gilberto Santarosa/Grupo Niche....etc.
+1

Years after the request was initially made, still an overlooked niche that PG Music can fill.
I know this a very old thread, revisited. However, the suggestions are still timely.

I think there are many users who'd say you can't have too much of this.

+1
I've been asking for that along with horns for reggea and ska.
© PG Music Forums