PG Music Home
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Style Families - 12/10/08 03:45 PM
I use both BITB and Jammer. The one thing that Jammer has that BITB does not, is STYLE FAMILIES. What I mean is this:
Let say the style family is RocknRoll:
Jammer has a couple of Intro sub-styles, a few A, B, and Mid8 subs-styles, and a few breaks and ending. You can select from the family which to use for each part of your song. This is much more flexable, and offers more choices. You can also, have different drum styles.

BITB is limited to 2 an A/B variation.

Another cool feature in Jammer, is the measure is as many beats as you wish, and you can easily place a chord change on any beat even 8th notes. BITB is limited to 4 chords per measure, with pushes which are not exactly accurate.

Thanks
Elliott
Posted By: Mac Re: Style Families - 12/10/08 10:30 PM
Hi Elliott,

BIAB came out with "Multi-Styles" a few issues back, these styles can give A, B, and add C, D, etc. in the way of substyles.

Not quite the same as an arranger keyboard or Jammer, but I think this is the way PG intends to handle the situation.

What we need are MORE of these Multi-Styles, but until then we can use the Hybrid Style Wizard to create our own by mixing two or more of the older A-B only styles.

HTH,

--Mac
© PG Music Forums