PG Music Home
Posted By: furry Piano ballads - 01/20/14 11:00 AM
Whilst there's some fabulous real tracks for piano, few of them cater for very slow ballads. I've tried to create ballads using real tracks with a tempo of 50 or less and they just don't sound good. I have to use midi. Somebody mentioned in a wish re Hawaiian real tracks ( myself included ). Atypical Hawaiian ballad is very slow & smoochy as are many celtic airs.
In the 3/4 waltz tempo for example the piano just doesn't cope with tempos below 40 even using 1/2 time. For my latest composition I've had to use a real keyboard player as the piano & guitar both struggle with the slow tempo. To be able to use biab I've had to play it twice & speed it up 2nd time round and increase the tempo to 50
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Piano ballads - 01/20/14 11:18 AM
+1 on that.
I'm having just that problem - see http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=235962#Post235962

cheers
ian
Posted By: furry Re: Piano ballads - 01/20/14 12:45 PM
Cheers Ian, good to hear from you. We definately need slower tempos for real tracks !
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Piano ballads - 01/21/14 11:04 AM
Originally Posted By: furry
Cheers Ian, good to hear from you. We definately need slower tempos for real tracks !

In the meantime I took Macs advice and looked at some of the midi super tracks and midi styles.
By isolating the piano from them I got a workable result on a tune i'm running at 65 bpm - Highland Cathedral. You might know it.
Ian
Posted By: furry Re: Piano ballads - 01/21/14 07:13 PM
Know it well Ian, in fact I was one of the first accordionists to pick up on it in this area. Many Scots have no idea it was written by two Germans tee hee
Posted By: GDaddy Re: Piano ballads - 03/18/14 08:53 PM

Man discovered colours, invented painting.
Woman discovered painting, invented make-up.

There are a number of great i jazz singerstrand..accompanyis...

Try Dianna Krall, Shirley Horn and Sara Vaughn to name just a few...

Download there audio tracks, convert them to midi and you'll have as Gold Mine of ballads and uptunes!!
© PG Music Forums