PG Music Home
Posted By: Jon Thomas This style ... ? - 10/31/16 06:55 AM
Hi guys,
I was trying to recreate something similar to "You And Tequila" by Kenny Chesney (video here):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8XkLrErSHw

It's pretty basic, so I thought for sure I would find something pretty close in BIAB, especially the acoustic guitar part but ... I don't know, I can't find anything really close enough. Am I missing something? Or maybe this is another RT request smile
Cheers everybody!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: This style ... ? - 10/31/16 09:23 AM
Hi, Jon.

378:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming DoubleTime Ev 088

...will get you close. Set your song tempo to 72.

To get the bass walk-up that he does, you will need to add a simple bass..

519:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 120

...and enter a slash chord. The acoustic won't do the walk up, but the bass will give you that effect...

Each measure gets - G G/B,C (since the C hits on beat 4)

The video is actually in F#... so you would need to transpose down 1 (it's easier to think in "G")
Posted By: Jon Thomas Re: This style ... ? - 10/31/16 10:53 AM
Hey Floyd
thank you SOOO much!
Yes, that got me definitely closer smile

However, I think the guitar sound suffers quite a bit when it's slowed down from 88 to 70 or so. It's such a useful RT in slower bpms as well, so maybe PG could do something similar with a slower bpm. It's a simple RT request but very, very versatile, I think.

Just a thought smile

Thanks again
J
Posted By: floyd jane Re: This style ... ? - 10/31/16 11:16 AM
Well...thank you for introducing me to that song. I had not heard it before - love it!!! - Gonna go listen to that whole album... As I look back, I am becoming more of a Chesney fan - simply because of his song choice - he picks from the BEST writers... you gotta respect a guy who respects good writers...

The acoustics do "suffer" a bit as you get more than 10-15 bpm away from their recorded speed. This one (at 88) can work at high bpm (150-170 range) if you set it to Half-Time before using it. But, there is no real recourse as you go down (like this) to 70 and below...

It might be a good idea to put up an actually wish in this forum with a title to attract attention to it... maybe "More like 378:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming DoubleTime Ev 088 - in VARIOUS TEMPOS" so PG will see it... you could point to this thread as explanation.

It would nice to see this strum style done at 65 and 120.

© PG Music Forums