PG Music Home
Posted By: Pipeline Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion - 11/11/16 09:04 AM
What happen to those Cajun musicians you guys were going to hire ?
being descendants of French Canadians !
Accordion, fiddle, harmonica, washboard....
Just go down a highway 10 past Lafayette;
there's a Baton Rouge, you'll find 'em.

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion - 11/11/16 01:52 PM
+1
All very useful suggestions.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion - 11/11/16 02:55 PM
Fantastic suggestion, and great links. That's a perfect styles to target. Thanks
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion - 11/11/16 04:42 PM
Johnny Can't Dance is a classic

Posted By: w Re: Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion - 03/19/18 11:08 AM
my style search for zydeco styles brought up 6 ( screen grab )

for those that know this genre far better then myself since i am only trying to learn and use those styles how close are those 6 styles that Mac Band-in-a-Box® has ( @ MAR 19, 2018 ) to the real thing

Attached picture screenSHOT 2018-03-19 at 8.02.19 AM.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion - 03/19/18 06:06 PM
Quote:

They are just midi and don't sound as good as the RealTrack thing.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion - 11/23/18 09:34 PM
Maybe these are in 2019 ??

This is an awesome Documentary
https://www.alibris.com/search/movies/upc/3561302400785
I had a friend come over from France a couple of months back, he took the DVD back with him so I had to get another.

Louisiana Blues Musical Documentary

From the camera of celebrated French documentarians Jean-Pierre Bruneau and Jose Reynes, and in the tradition of The Buena Vista Social Club, comes the exhilarating musical documentary Louisiana Blues. From the backwoods of Baton Rouge to the heart the Big Easy, creole and Cajun music have endured despite years of tumult. This film explores not only the musicians who continue to produce this music, but the climate, culture, and way of life that have shaped them. Innumerable zydeco superstars appear onscreen and deliver legendary performances, including Beau Jocque, D.L. Menard, and Zydeco Joe. Nathan Southern, Rovi

Posted By: Pipeline Re: Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion - 11/06/20 05:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
being descendants of French Canadians !
Accordion, fiddle, harmonica, washboard....
Just go down a highway 10 past Lafayette;
there's a Baton Rouge, you'll find 'em.

Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
Fantastic suggestion, and great links. That's a perfect styles to target. Thanks

Originally Posted By: TexasMusicForge
One of the few glaring musical deficiencies here is the absence of Louisiana music besides a few New Orleans-related R&B sets. I, for one, would buy and use a few good zydeco sets. Ditto Cajun sets with a choice of waltzes and 4/4. A good accordion soloist option would be mighty fine, too, as lagniappe, if I'm making a wish list.

Laissez les faire les bon temps rouler, y'all, and thanks in advance if this catches the eye of anyone at PG Music.

Originally Posted By: TexasMusicForge
Thanks for the response, but all we've got here is a big, gaping hole and a number of folks who would like some enterprising soul at PG Music to fill it.

Jeez - trying to make Cajun and Creole music with existing MIDI and samples is a dog that won't hunt, it's got to be live musicians like a few good RealTracks sets.

This sure seems like a good business opportunity. Oh....was that a hint that I dropped?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Cajun Zydeco RealTracks Percussion - 08/13/21 09:44 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

BUMP BUMP
Wanna dance to a band from a Lousian' tonight.
© PG Music Forums