PG Music Home
There are new styles added every year, but most of the time bass and drums are recycled. So, when you practice you hear the same basslicks over and over again. It gets on my nerves. Much as I love the playing, it gets me down hearing the same thing. So please, add more variety in bass and drums.
Adding a pedal steel solo to an old style doesn't make it new.
Underneath the wealth of styles there's a lack of real variety, especially in the rhythm section.
If you take practice seriously, it gets so tiring.
Hello Dzjang,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion! Noted smile
Thx Alyssa, I've been working with Biab since 1995 and have bought a version every other year or so. Hearing "new styles" while keeping with the old rhythm section makes me think of the emperor with his new clothes.
A major step for Biab was when the old styles got updated, the old jazz sounded suddenly more dynamic and less cold. This was ten yrs ago, I believe and it put big smiles on our faces.
There has to be a way to enhance it even further not involving me having to alter the styles by hand to enhance dynamics. For example: lines where all the patterns have snares and rides with more or less equal velocity... cleaning that up would help tremendously.
There should be a way to have a A+ style that isn't as busy as the B-Style but more heavy, a B+ and B++ style, that would be busier, for the end of the chorus or for a pedal tone passage. Sparse, cool, busy, busier still...? That way there could be 4 measures of mayhem followed by a more intricate couple of measures and then building into a B-section.
© PG Music Forums