PG Music Home
In volume 55 of the midi styles efforts were made to add contemporary jazz styles to bandinabox. Even though there were a few glitches, they are still great (some where updated in 2006).
It would be nice to have more modern styles with "straight eights" or "swing 16ths", since it's not that nowadays, it don't swing, it's not rock or funk either. It's just straight-er and the triplets are more in 16-th notes.
Style: Calderazzo, Jarrett, Jason Moran, Eric Harland, Jack deJohnette, Brian Blade, Joshua Redman, Rachel Z, Ambrose Akinmusire, Kenny Wheeler

Oh yeah, some comments I read were directed at the players who recorded the more mainstream styles. But I am convinced people like Miles Black and the bassists and drummers too, would know how jazz is played today. No need for big names: sure, they orient us in new directions, and a lot of lesser known musicians are openminded and -eared enough to play it.
Dzjang,
I don't know if someday PG Music will issue new MIDI styles, but I doubt.
Anyway, that it's not a big deal because you can create yourself the MIDI styles you want from an adequate MIDI file you can get for example from the Web. To help you, on this PG music site, there are some vids about the Stylemaker tutorials.
+1.
Originally Posted By: John-Luke
Dzjang,
I don't know if someday PG Music will issue new MIDI styles, but I doubt.
Anyway, that it's not a big deal because you can create yourself the MIDI styles you want from an adequate MIDI file you can get for example from the Web. To help you, on this PG music site, there are some vids about the Stylemaker tutorials.

I will respectfully disagree. Not providing new MIDI styles limits what BiaB can do, especially when, outside of the PGMusic world, most are using MIDI. I understand that RTs are big money makers for PGMusic but not keeping up with new and improved MIDI styles limits their potential customer base. So new MIDI styles are a big deal.
© PG Music Forums