PG Music Home
Posted By: Blues1952 Does Anybody at PG Ever Look At This - 07/31/18 05:09 PM
Everytime there are new styles I wonder the same question. Who requested these styles?

I don't see any of the New Extra Styles requested here.

And I still bought them. I don't know why.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Does Anybody at PG Ever Look At This - 07/31/18 08:48 PM
You're correct that these Xtra styles are not styles that have been requested. But I don't believe Xtra styles were created to fulfill style requests.

I view the styles as PG Music showcases of how much styles influence the overall quality of a MGU/SGU song file and how modern and exciting sounding songs can be when the PG Music tools are used by professionals. I think many forum users view the Xtra styles as sources of inspiration.

I see many PG Music employees comment in the forum. I'm glad to see so many of them have the opportunity to participate in the forum. It makes me value the forum and product higher than other company operated forums.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Does Anybody at PG Ever Look At This - 08/01/18 09:50 AM
As I understand it, the Xtra styles are a new way of combining existing sounds in ways that work very well. You might discover these combinations on your own but it would take a lot of experimenting.

Yrs, there have been many new styles introduced over the years in direct response to requests in this forum.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Does Anybody at PG Ever Look At This - 08/03/18 11:59 AM
Hi Blues 1952,

I agree - PG Music where are all the styles and real tracks requested in this forum?

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: furry Re: Does Anybody at PG Ever Look At This - 08/04/18 05:48 AM
Yes they DO look and grant requests. Vocals have been asked for and granted, Hawaiian styles requested and granted, polkas, waltzes etc...
Posted By: Teunis Re: Does Anybody at PG Ever Look At This - 08/04/18 06:28 AM
Well said Jim and Matt. I agree it shows how to create your own styles. I for one rarely use a style as presented. The great fun and great power is to be able to combine RealTracks the way that suits your own needs. However, without the various RealStyles and XtraStyles where would one start.

Tony
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Does Anybody at PG Ever Look At This - 02/13/19 06:25 AM
I agree - BIAB 2019 comes out with yet another slew of Klezmer, Celtic and Country Styles and Realtracks that nobody requested. Why have this Forum if BIAB takes absolutely no notice of what the users want?
Posted By: Mungo Re: Does Anybody at PG Ever Look At This - 02/13/19 06:36 PM
I agree,too, now there is more than enough Klezmer and Celtic !
The style of the following artists is (my opinion !) very interesting and absolutly not present:
Jim Croce; Leadbelly; Kansas Joe McCoy; John Lee Hooker; JJ Cale !
Leo Kottke !; Muddy Waters and Doc Watson (?). They are all good guitar-players and playable for Brent !
© PG Music Forums