PG Music Home
Posted By: Don L Turner MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 09/04/18 08:47 PM
How about some pop, rock, and country MIDI SuperTracks for Bass. I have tons of synth, acoustic and electric basses in Omnisphere and Trilian and would like more natural playing than Omnisphere's arpeggiator.
Posted By: MarioD Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 09/04/18 10:16 PM
A super big +1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 09/05/18 12:55 PM
+1

I like this idea. I think bass progressions are a natural fit for MIDI SuperTracks.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 09/11/18 07:16 AM
plus 1 from me too.
Posted By: furry Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 09/11/18 10:01 AM
+ one not just for pop either
Posted By: Icelander Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 09/12/18 06:53 PM
+1... and Supertracks so far are much too limited in terms of intended instruments if you ask me, so here's me saying why stop at just bass wink
Posted By: John-Luke Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 09/14/18 04:24 PM
+1 for MIDI SuperTracks in many styles
Posted By: Don L Turner Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 11/25/18 11:39 PM
I created separate posts for MIDI SuperTracks for bass, guitar, and organ, just to give each instrument its own opportunity to garner support from members. Although we already have some, I'd also like to see more for piano, strings, pads too. MIDI SuperTracks should be given the same level of attention that regular MIDI styles did before RealTracks came along. Software instruments have come such a long way in the past few years.

And so have virtual player instruments that respond to simple chord input and create great-sounding parts, with far more flexibility than RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks. A multitude of Kontakt instruments, plus instruments from companies like UJAM are making music creation easier for folks like me who don't have keyboard skills. I hope PG Music notices how things are changing in the auto-player world and adapts those capabilities into BIAB.
Posted By: Don L Turner Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 09/04/19 10:07 PM
Here's hoping that this old request will be fulfilled this year.
Posted By: stratos Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 09/20/19 06:11 AM
BIG + 1
Posted By: howtoplaybassdotcom Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 11/08/19 08:05 AM
What would be great is the ability to create our own supertracks. As a bass player I've unpacked the styles of several bassists - ranging from Tommy Shannon to early Jamerson to Rocco Prestia to mid period McCartney and more - and would be happy to program midi supertracks for different facets of these guys styles. Would be a great feature!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 11/08/19 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By: howtoplaybassdotcom
What would be great is the ability to create our own supertracks. As a bass player I've unpacked the styles of several bassists - ranging from Tommy Shannon to early Jamerson to Rocco Prestia to mid period McCartney and more - and would be happy to program midi supertracks for different facets of these guys styles. Would be a great feature!

Paul,

The capability you want exists! PG Music calls it UserTracks. I've attached a pdf file to this post that gives some information about UserTracks. The Band-in-a-Box for Windows user manual describes UserTracks creation in some detail starting on page 253. Additional information and videos are available at +++ https://www.pgmusic.com/usertracks1.htm +++ .

Attached File
UserTracks Information.pdf  (3 downloads)
Posted By: howtoplaybassdotcom Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 12/04/19 08:32 AM
Jim

Thanks so much for your post - will check that out!!!

Paul
Posted By: howtoplaybassdotcom Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 12/05/19 09:36 AM
Jim

Do you know if you can add Midi to the supertracks for notation purposes. one of the reasons I wanted to do this was to create a bunch of sight reading etudes for my students.

Paul
Posted By: MarioD Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 12/05/19 12:51 PM
Originally Posted By: howtoplaybassdotcom
Jim

Do you know if you can add Midi to the supertracks for notation purposes. one of the reasons I wanted to do this was to create a bunch of sight reading etudes for my students.

Paul

Supertracks are MIDI so yes they will show up in notation.

You can also write your own lessons in notation and have them play in MIDI. I use the free MusicScore notation program https://musescore.org/en
for this as I start with a blank page and I am not a fan of inputting notes in BiaB notation. Many others use BiaB notation and like it. YMMV
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: MIDI SuperTracks for Bass - 12/08/19 09:48 PM
howtoplaybassdotcom (Paul),

As Mario noted, PG Music midi SuperTracks print in notation however the UserTracks I mentioned do not. Briefly the difference is midi SuperTracks are midi based while UserTracks are audio based.
© PG Music Forums