PG Music Home
Posted By: Deacon Tamborine - 10/10/09 09:08 PM
How about a tamborine that could go with a side-stick or snare for country and pop tunes....I have to add a real one to get the sound I want... it would be nice to include in the next Real Drums edition
Posted By: WienSam Re: Tamborine - 10/11/09 10:25 PM
Agreed
Posted By: Aubrey Re: Tamborine - 01/16/10 10:31 AM
Hi Deacon,
I often end up adding a tambourine or some other percussion instrument to my BIAB tracks after I have exported them to my DAW (Cubase), in order to give the choruses a bit of a lift and to change the feel from the verses. I usually use one of the many percussion loops within Stylus RMX for this.

Although I am not a percussionist I have grown to appreciate, (from auditioning the RMX loops), the very many different rhythmic tambourine playing styles that are possible and that some will fit a particular song much better than others. I therefore think that for BIAB to support tambourines (and/or any other percussion intsruments), it would need to provide a reasonably large number of different realtracks with different rhythmic patterns (or perhaps one realtrack with a large number of 'variations').

I think that the other problem is that I would be loathe to give up one of my BIAB instrument tracks, (I usually need them all for other instruments), in order to get a percussion track. This would not be a problem in Realband (which I don't yet use) but it would definitely be an issue for me in BIAB. Another two or three instrument slots within BIAB itself would be great!

I do, however, think that the idea of 'Real Percussionists' within BIAB is great!

Regards, Aubrey
Posted By: MarioD Re: Tamborine - 01/17/10 02:10 PM
Quote:

Another two or three instrument slots within BIAB itself would be great!

Regards, Aubrey

A BIG + 1
© PG Music Forums