PG Music Home
Posted By: Warren Keller SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/09/19 01:08 PM
Hi PGM,
Happy new year!

*Ability to upgrade/add only the genre(s) users are interested in. For me, that's small combo Jazz.

*Consider offering a bonus pack of just Mike Moreno solos and grooves, just a pack of Mike LeDonne, Jeff Lorber, etc. These guys are a cut-above!

*More RealTracks, Soloist tracks, and RealDrums for 'Ev' even-feel Jazz like Fusion, Funk, and Latin. There are currently no acoustic piano soloists and limited rhythm choices.

*Trumpet soloist like Rick Braun (Smooth) and Sean Jones (Swing)

*Perhaps some synth solos, more choice on rhythm too.

*I found a latin percussion track called SalsaChaCha mislabeled 'congas and timbal,' it's bongos and guiro. I'd like a version with independent tracks of each instrument, not both. Also need congas. Timbales too!

Thank you!
Posted By: MarioD Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/09/19 05:47 PM
+1 for RTs and MIDI.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/09/19 11:20 PM
+1
Posted By: MikeK Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/10/19 10:06 AM
+1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/10/19 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Warren Keller
snip ...
*I found a latin percussion track called SalsaChaCha mislabeled 'congas and timbal,' it's bongos and guiro. snip ...

Warren,

Please provide the full percussion track name. That way, this post can be forwarded to PG Music support so they can easily identify and correct the track data.
Posted By: Warren Keller Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/11/19 03:04 PM
Jimbo, it is indeed RealDrums 'SalsaChaCha^1' and says 'a. Congas b. Timbal.' There is definitely conga there, I believe I hear bongos as well. No 'timbal' (timbales?) for sure, but perhaps rim shots as there's a 'bell' tone there too. A guiro, however, is probably the most prevalent sound. Will you forward?
Posted By: Warren Keller Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/13/19 09:54 AM
I should have also included Dwight Sills lead and rhythm guitar work for the Smooth Jazz, Funk genres- invaluable! More please!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/13/19 08:15 PM
Thanks for the clarification Warren,

For future use or for others that maybe reading this thread you can send an email to: support@pgmusic.com with details about any inaccuracies you run across.

I've sent in multiple documentation errors over the years. Sometimes I will run across a RealTracks or RealDrums that has an unusual noise or is playing a note I don't expect. When that happens I will (1) freeze all tracks, (2) save the SGU or MGU file, (3) render the offending track to audio, (4) edit the audio track down to a short clip that includes the sound, (5) create an email that includes a short description (bar 31, beat 2 bass track has loud microphone thump!) of what I'm hearing as well as the audio clip and song file.

Sometimes I'll get a response but most times I don't. However, I keep a copy of all the emails I've sent and will check and find out that many are corrected after an update.
Posted By: furry Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/14/19 08:02 AM
It would also be nice if they could make styles more user friendly, it takes a lot of work finding the style you really want
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/14/19 09:03 AM
Originally Posted By: furry
It would also be nice if they could make styles more user friendly, it takes a lot of work finding the style you really want

Good morning Graham. Well, it's morning here anyway. Regarding Stylemaker searches, I use a search technique that's always been there but I recently learned how well it reduces time and effort when locating appropriate Styles. I have 6,762 Styles. Filtering by type, the breakdown of styles are 3,287 RealStyles and 2,696 Midi Styles. There's a bit of overlap I assume to account for hybrids because those total to more Styles than my total Styles liste.

I start a Style search by filtering the type to Midi only. It reduces my search count initially by nearly 2/3. But it seems the midi Styles have other benefits as well. Many of the midi styles predate the RealTracks era and these older styles many times were created with a specific groove and recognizable feel of an actual song or Artist Style than what I find with RealTracks.

RealTrack Styles are more of a group of instruments that play well together than a style developed based on a commercial released song or the groove of an Artist in mind. RealTracks are based on audio of recorded chord progressions and sequences and while they have a definite groove, as you know, there's no really good way beyond the filters provided by the StyleMaker to narrow searches. The midi Styles have many recognizable grooves so I'm searching and adding RealTracks that play well with the specific groove of my project.

For instance. If you're trying to find a Style similar in groove to the Bee Gees 'Stayin Alive', check out Midi Style Bgees2 Pop 16th. Temptsns2 Style gives you a similar sound to 'My Girl'. Norton Styles and other third party styles provide thousands more. My point is that it seems in time gone by, Midi Styles were constructed more to resemble an actual song or replicate the genre or feel of specific artists. For me, with additional filters to reduce my initial search, midi Styles yield faster and more pertinent results.

Now days, using this search method, I'm quickly locating a Style that sounds like the right groove. I also find I'm including some elements from the midi style into my project. It's really improved me getting the 'sound' I have in my head where often times using RealStyles, I'll choose a RealTrack style that sounds great with my projects, key, tempo and chord chart, but varies from my original melody or groove. Hope this helps you a bit.
Posted By: furry Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/14/19 01:43 PM
Thanks Charlie I use this myself, doesn't always work for ballads or rarer styles.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/14/19 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: furry
Thanks Charlie I use this myself, doesn't always work for ballads or rarer styles.

You're right. I guess that's one reason getting new STyles and RealTracks are always some of the main excitement with each release. But getting close to 7,000 styles and finding just the right one can be a daunting task.

I keep watching Make your own Midi Style video trying to grasp the concept to address some of the harder ones to find by making a custom style. I'm not very good at it yet. If I were in need of one in a project that mattered, I'd have Norton Music prepare one for me.
Posted By: furry Re: SUGGESTIONS for 2020 REVISION - 01/15/19 04:59 PM
I DO enjoy mucking around with one RT then adding and building a style that suits my melody
© PG Music Forums