PG Music Home
Posted By: Aubrey More Rock Guitar Soloist Styles - 10/29/09 01:06 AM
The Rock and Blues guitar soloist realtracks that we currently have all sound great and are very effective, but they are pretty distinctive and it is not possible to use a single solo realtrack on multiple songs without the songs all ending up sounding a bit 'samey'.

It would therefore be great if we could have a few new realtrack guitar soloists. I would like to see some more Rock style lead guitars - example styles might include tracks in a similar vein to:

The Eagles (Hotel California, Take It Easy)
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Steely Dan
Doobie Brothers (Long Train Running)
The Only Ones (Another Girl Another Planet)
Traditional Rock & Roll Style Lead Guitars (e.g. Johnny B. Goode)

Also some funky rock lead guitar styles that would go with the 'Sugar' rhythm guitar styles and Rolling Stones type Lead Guitars to go with the 'Stonez' rhythm guitar tracks would be great.

Some cool latin style lead guitars to play over some of your urban drum styles would also be really useful for modern R&B songs.

I know that putting these realtracks together is painstaking and time consuming work and I would not expect to get all (or even many) of these in one release but any contributions would be most welcome!

I am sure that other users will add their favourite guitarists to the list.

Best Regards, Aubrey
P.S. One potential easy interim solution which I recall someone has mentioned in another forum thread might be to deliver us a version of the existing Metal lead guitars in their dry, untreated, form (assuming that they were recorded dry with the amp/speaker simulation added as an effect). The basic Riffs on these are very good and could be very versatile for other rock genres if different (less shredded!) amp effects could be applied to them. Obviously this won't be a flyer if the amps/speakers were real and were baked into your recording.
Posted By: WienSam Re: More Rock Guitar Soloist Styles - 11/02/09 09:47 AM
Aubrey, the proof is in the pudding. I agree with your request but I really think the soloists need to be able to follow the melody and not be purely chord based.

Take your session guitarist and just tell him (or her) to noodle around the chord progression ONLY and it will all end up a bit 'samey'. As yet, that is all the PG soloists can do. We live and wait...

+1
© PG Music Forums