PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander Some Direct Input drum beats? - 05/22/19 11:53 PM
Ever come to some RD beat that you thought was just right for you but with just that little "if only they hadn't" caveat to it, a snare that sounded too gated, that BD too tight or what have you... well, that's my premise for this request.
Now, I'm aware that we already have a range of different kits that do very similar beats, which somewhat counters this issue, but I just thought, if they figured this was worth doing for guitars then certainly drums fit the bill too.

EDIT: Whether this is technically feasible is a different story smirk
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Some Direct Input drum beats? - 05/23/19 09:53 PM
Eddie,

I think you're going to have this wishlist request honored faster than you think ... sort of.

New for 2019 PG Music started adding MIDI transcription to the RealDrums for Windows. My hope is PG Music plans to add this feature to the Mac edition of RealDrums. If they do, you'll be able to use a sampler to playback the MIDI transcription of a performance.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Some Direct Input drum beats? - 05/23/19 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Eddie,

I think you're going to have this wishlist request honored faster than you think ...New for 2019 PG Music started adding MIDI transcription to the RealDrums for Windows. My hope is PG Music plans to add this feature to the Mac edition of RealDrums. If they do, you'll be able to use a sampler to playback the MIDI transcription of a performance.
Why, that sounds like my "Pattern Detector" concept right there, brilliant! laugh
And you're right, it's got potentials for this request too, especially as I've already bought EZ Drummer (out of frustration over this very issue, tbh).

Very interesting input, thanks cool
© PG Music Forums