PG Music Home
Posted By: NigelSpiers Please Add Claps to Real Drums - 03/10/20 07:21 AM
Hi,

Please add a few single off-beat claps (no other drums or sounds) Real Drums tracks with little or no reverb. Plus a few clapping variations.

Clapping is fundamental to Gospel, Jump Blues, Rock & Roll and many other music styles.

Thanks & Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Please Add Claps to Real Drums - 03/10/20 02:53 PM
Nigel,

Forum user Floyd James created some clap files and made them available in +++ THIS +++ forum post.

Freesound.org has a +++ PACK +++ of seven single hit hand clap files that can be combined to create as large a chorus as you desire.

There is one clap in the Band-in-a-Box loop package. The loop has the unlikely name of "House - mainroom 128 clap noise c sharp minor ev16".
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Please Add Claps to Real Drums - 03/13/20 11:12 PM
Hi Jim,

Thanks - I downloaded the Floyd James Claps and they worked a treat.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: Please Add Claps to Real Drums - 03/13/20 11:15 PM
Hi Jim,

Do you know of any Horn Section loops I could download?

Thanks & Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Please Add Claps to Real Drums - 03/14/20 11:44 AM
Nigel,

There are some really nice brass samples - short and quite easy to get and use - though finding the right one for a particular spot in a song can be time consuming (but worth it, I think.

These are free:

http://www.newyorkbrass.com/download-free-brass-samples.html

There are 85 mp3 to download (each is small)

I used them just once. In a song I posted to the Showcase some years ago.
You can find it here if you want to hear it:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=318584#Post318584

The horns begin around :30
...they do some cool stuff around 1:00...

I believe I downloaded each individually. Don't remember how I did that. There is now a link at the bottom which takes you to a page to enter your email address and they will send instructions...
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Please Add Claps to Real Drums - 03/16/20 09:16 PM
Nigel,

Sorry, I don't know of any free horn section loops myself. I'm going to check out Floyd's link.
© PG Music Forums