PG Music Home
Posted By: Edy New Styles & Group For The Caribbean - 06/22/20 09:18 PM
Good Day,

What do I need to submit and suggest a new group and new styles of music that do not appear in Band in a Box.

For example:

Group Name Style
Caribbean Konpa Fast
Caribbean. Konpa Slow
Caribbean. Konpa Love
Carribbean. Twoubadou
The above are from Haiti

Caribbean. Zouk.
This is from Martinique

Caribbean. Soca
Caribbean. Calypso
Trinidad and Tobago

There are more,

Just wanted to give an Idea of what I am thinking and could use in Band in a Box.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: New Styles & Group For The Caribbean - 06/22/20 10:48 PM
Welcome to the forum!

You posted in the right part of the forum. This is where people make new style suggestions,

As you know there are a lot of music genres. The people at PG Music may not be familiar with these styles of music. I know I'm not! Can you post some links to songs, maybe to songs posted on SoundCloud or YouTube for example so we can hear how the styles differ from each other. Or maybe you can provide the name of some artists that specialize in playing these styles.
Posted By: Island Soul Re: New Styles & Group For The Caribbean - 07/01/20 04:19 PM
Let's just be glad that soca was finally added to Band in a Box. It took me a couple of years to convince them. They fact that they refer to the steel pan real tracks as steel drum doesn't bug me, I'm just happy to get them.
© PG Music Forums