PG Music Home
Posted By: furry Violin waltzes - 07/30/20 07:45 AM
Whilst there's a few fiddle RT waltz styles could we PLEASE have some violin waltz tracks ? We've none at the moment
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Violin waltzes - 07/30/20 06:52 PM
+1

Splendid suggestion furry! The harmonizer feature could be put to good use with some violin waltzes.
Posted By: furry Re: Violin waltzes - 07/31/20 06:22 AM
It certainly could Jim , low AND high as well please guys ?
Posted By: cwiggins999 Re: Violin waltzes - 08/04/20 06:23 AM
Jim, what is this "harmonizer" feature that you are speaking of? Or are you speaking of some separate plugin or hardware?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Violin waltzes - 08/04/20 09:34 AM
+1
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Violin waltzes - 08/04/20 05:01 PM
Originally Posted By: cwiggins999
Jim, what is this "harmonizer" feature that you are speaking of? Or are you speaking of some separate plugin or hardware?
It is a feature added in 2020 that adds harmonic content to audio, The most concise description I've seen is in another new for 2020 feature, the Feature Browser!

Description: Feature Browser description of Audio Harmony feature.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: rodipoet Re: Violin waltzes - 08/08/20 07:06 PM
+1
I vote for violin waltzes
Posted By: rodipoet Re: Violin waltzes - 07/05/21 04:55 AM
Bump
Posted By: Tobin - PG Music Inc. Re: Violin waltzes - 07/06/21 12:24 PM
Originally Posted By: furry
Whilst there's a few fiddle RT waltz styles could we PLEASE have some violin waltz tracks ? We've none at the moment

Thanks for the suggestion Graham. Can you post some youtube/etc links of the kinds of styles you have in mind?

Also, just to clarify, it looks like you're actually distinguishing between "fiddle" and "violin", which are the same thing. When we first started adding violin into Band-in-a-Box, it was in a country/folk setting, and so we called those styles "fiddle", which is a common term for violin used in a more folksy way, but when we started adding string quartet styles, it seemed like an odd choice to still call the violins within those quartets "fiddles", so for those we called them "violins". But, it's still all the same instrument.

That being said, if you have some specific ideas in mind, we'd love to hear them!
Posted By: rodipoet Re: Violin waltzes - 07/07/21 03:45 PM
I'd like to have some strinquartet/classical style waltzes. I often used your stringquartets, but they are all 4/4. I tried to use some of those 4/4 in 3/4 songs, hoping biab was smart enough to produce a convincing sound, but they failed.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Violin waltzes - 09/26/21 05:03 AM
I was going to mention the "Celtic" strings have even-time 3/4 sets, but you're right, they're all trios at best, no quartets! shocked
Ok, so perhaps you could sort of fake it by adding a Cello or bowed bass for the bottom instrument, but it wouldn't be quite the same as a set that's designed as a quartet section from the get go. Besides, we need sets for the classical genre as it is, and your request could fit right into that.

+1
Posted By: rodipoet Re: Violin waltzes - 09/28/21 04:13 AM
A nice example of what I search are The Beatles in She's leaving home.
https://youtu.be/VaBPY78D88g
Posted By: furry Re: Violin waltzes - 09/12/22 12:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Tobin - PG Music Inc.

Thanks for the suggestion Graham. Can you post some youtube/etc links of the kinds of styles you have in mind?

Also, just to clarify, it looks like you're actually distinguishing between "fiddle" and "violin", which are the same thing. When we first started adding violin into Band-in-a-Box, it was in a country/folk setting, and so we called those styles "fiddle", which is a common term for violin used in a more folksy way, but when we started adding string quartet styles, it seemed like an odd choice to still call the violins within those quartets "fiddles", so for those we called them "violins". But, it's still all the same instrument.

That being said, if you have some specific ideas in mind, we'd love to hear them!

Hi Tobin, here's a good example of a violin waltz. Fiddles and violins are a world apart. Violins IMO have a sweet velvety tone. Fiddles are more suited for Celtic / folk music. The sound is often a bit rougher than the violin too

https://youtu.be/VJcxkB2n7Qw
Posted By: the_blooze Re: Violin waltzes - 11/24/22 03:22 PM
Some twin fiddles would be great.

Bob Wills etc.

Might be tricky voice leading though.
Posted By: ejdecker Re: Violin waltzes - 05/20/23 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
It is a feature added in 2020 that adds harmonic content to audio, The most concise description I've seen is in another new for 2020 feature, the Feature Browser!

Jim, pls forgive a perhaps ignorant question:
Does this refer it can only be used on the Audio track, or can it be used on any RT?

Thanks!
E.J.
Posted By: ejdecker Re: Violin waltzes - 05/20/23 07:02 PM

+1!!!!!

Yes, violin waltz RTs AND pls, more accordion waltz tracks for background & soloists at slow to mid-tempos. Specifically for French songs!
This is an example of the sound & speed.
ALSO, it's in 3/4 which we dearly need more of!
https://youtu.be/N6hMxHNvx0Q

Thanks!
E.J.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Violin waltzes - 05/21/23 10:22 PM
Originally Posted By: ejdecker

Does this refer it can only be used on the Audio track, or can it be used on any RT?

Thanks!
E.J.
Any audio track including RealTracks. There's also a midi harmonizer. You can press F1 to open help, click on the Index tab and search on "Harmonize MIDI Track" and "Harmony - Audio" to find out more about both features.
Posted By: ejdecker Re: Violin waltzes - 05/22/23 06:22 PM
Originally Posted By: ejdecker

Thanks!
E.J.
Any audio track including RealTracks. There's also a midi harmonizer. You can press F1 to open help, click on the Index tab and search on "Harmonize MIDI Track" and "Harmony - Audio" to find out more about both features.

Thanks!
E.J.
© PG Music Forums