PG Music Home
Posted By: MikeK Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 08/03/20 10:10 PM
Just curious... is that still a consideration? Really would love some good B3 solos!!!
Hi Mike,

What style of B3 Solo did you have in mind (Blues, Gospel etc)?

Best Regards
Nigel
I agree - what about getting Chris Nole back in the studio?
I would love to hear a solo organ realtrack by him in a bluesy style.
I would also like to hear some of his piano work in the Realtracks.
While I understand the request is for B3 Hammond organ soloist RealTracks I don't remember previously seeing a similar request or a commitment from PG Music to produce any. Mike K I'm just wondering where the
Quote:
Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist?
heading and
Quote:
Just curious... is that still a consideration?
are coming from?
Hi Jim,

"a commitment from PG Music to produce any"

How do we access a list of the New Realtracks that PGMusic has committed to?

Best Regards
Nigel
+1 for the wishlist suggestion for Hammond B3 solos.

Nigel,

I am not aware of such a list. I'm guessing you knew that. Are you aware of a list like that?

I performed a forum search through 15 years of Peter Gannon's posts and found ONE mention of the word Hammond and the mention was not made by him. That 2010 post is +++ HERE +++
There's a 4 year old post here Hammond B3 Soloist
8 years ago
Simpler Jazz Swing B3

If you could list some Biab Styles/Sw Ev/Tempos you want these for here, this would help.
Or, RealTrack combinations.
I got onto ReaTracks Artist Chris Nole and suggested creating some UserTracks that could be purchased from his website.
There could maybe be a short free UserTrack for each instrument as a demo, then ones with a lot more material for purchase.
He would like to offer up tracks, styles, keyboard instruments that people are needing/wanting.
You can find examples here https://chrisnole.com/online-piano-tracks
So any suggestions would be much appreciated.
If you could suggest Biab Styles/Sw Ev/Tempos for the keys listed below including B3.
Post here: ReaTracks Artist Chris Nole UserTracks

Quote:
Specializing in piano, organ, electric piano, strings, and synth overdubs for Singer-Songwriter, Country, Blues, Pop, Rock, Gospel,
R&B-Soul, Americana, and New Age genres.
Posted By: furry Re: Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 09/02/20 06:58 PM
Yes please for the hammond, for ALL styles of music, from very slow to fast tempos
Pipeline,

Thanks for the two links where B3 is mentioned. From the tone of MikeK's initial post I assumed Mike knew of a Peter Gannon agreement for more B3 RealTracks so that is what I searched for.

I think contacting Grammy award winning RealTracks keyboard artist Chris Nole and getting him to agree to custom make B3 and other keyboard UserTracks is a bold and great idea. I really hope many Band-in-a-Box users will hire Chris to create custom UserTracks or Artist Performance tracks. I'd love to see a viable third party UserTracks industry develop.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 09/20/20 09:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Pipeline,
From the tone of MikeK's initial post I assumed Mike knew of a Peter Gannon agreement for more B3 RealTracks so that is what I searched for.

Nope, this request has been made a long time ago and has never been answered. There never was an acknowledgement by PG that they would be looking into this request.

Still want it, as apparently others do smile
MikeK and Pipeline,

Thanks for responding to my posts and clearing up my confusion.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 09/24/20 05:36 PM
+1
Jimmy Smith
Jack McDuff
Joey DeFrancesco.

Any jazz style player.
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I got onto ReaTracks Artist Chris Nole and suggested creating some UserTracks that could be purchased from his website.
There could maybe be a short free UserTrack for each instrument as a demo, then ones with a lot more material for purchase.
He would like to offer up tracks, styles, keyboard instruments that people are needing/wanting.
If you could suggest Biab Styles/Sw Ev/Tempos for the keys listed below including B3.

Quote:
Specializing in piano, organ, electric piano, strings, and synth overdubs for Singer-Songwriter, Country, Blues, Pop, Rock, Gospel,
R&B-Soul, Americana, and New Age genres.
I am as newbie as you can get. I've had BIAB for a week. I have about a dozen early stage songs since I've started have the B3 in about 10 of them. I don't know what I am missing if there are more hiding some place, being so new to BIAB, but I've counted 4 realtracks. Two POP background, One Blues background and one Reggae Rhythm. A few more background styles and few soloist would be great (Jimmy Smith, oh yeah)
+ 1
I’ve requested this in the past.
I would love to see blues B3 solos as well as rock and funk.
Posted By: Brille Re: Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 11/18/20 07:47 AM
+1 (and also please one or two more Jazz Double Bass Soloists)
Posted By: PeterF Re: Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 11/22/20 12:47 AM
+1

PG Music - Please see details above for this request.
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers

PG Music - Please see details above for this request.

Chris was interested in making these as UserTracks but there were only a couple of post in that thread.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 03/30/21 10:49 PM
In addition to B3 Soloist RTs, Rock organ RTs would be nice also!!!
I did find that Hammond B3 Soloist you were looking for:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=666337#Post666337
Hi Pipeline,

I had a look at Chris Nole's website as you suggested and listened to soome of his recordings - he sure is talented.

I can't wait for next release of Band In A Box to hear the new Organ and Blues Harp solo real tracks.

Also I can't wait to hear their new Jump Brass Section Real Tracks.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: MikeK Re: Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 11/03/21 08:59 PM
Check this guy out - he ought to be hired by PG! Plays in a lot of styles/genres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hc2R5Tm1S0
Well...what a surprise. We actually got a couple!
Posted By: MikeK Re: Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 12/11/21 02:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Blues1952
Well...what a surprise. We actually got a couple!

Yup! I'm speechless! laugh
+ 1

especially for:

• Booker T. Jones
  • Barbara Dennerlein
  • Lonnie Smith
Posted By: MikeK Re: Whatever happened to Hammond B3 Soloist? - 12/14/21 02:35 PM
The more the better! +1

laugh
© PG Music Forums