PG Music Home
First of all thanks for a great product. However, when is BIAB going to incorporate some real styles besides country and old blues? I would think that since you've added loops and varied progressions you are trying to target a younger audience. I have used some of your patterns for RnB and House but I've had to make major modifications to get the feel such as increase tempo, add instruments (synths), or incorporate loops (especially drums). The styles in RnB, House, and Smooth Jazz are seriously dated. Why not styles based on BabyFace, Brian Culbertson, Brian McKnight, Boney James, or House Rhythms like Daft Punk? Nashville musicians are fantastic but they do not know this type of music. It shows in their patterns. Also there are very few real soul and Smooth Jazz patterns as it applies to music over the last few years. For examples a lot of the drum loops in those genres do not have the steady 8th or 16th hi-hat and the Jazz patterns in BIAB all have the rimshot snare. That's hardly used in Smooth Jazz today. There's also a genre that's gaining traction where it's Chicano Soul (that's what I call it) where it's incorporating 60's style guitars with a steady beat. Everytime I listen to a new style pak it sounds a lot like the others. However, if that's what your (current) audience wants I can appreciate that. I'm just suggesting a broadening of the styles which may help even more in growing your base. I'm still a fan.
There's Western also:
Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke
First of all thanks for a great product. However, when is BIAB going to incorporate some real styles besides country and old blues? I would think that since you've added loops and varied progressions you are trying to target a younger audience. I have used some of your patterns for RnB and House but I've had to make major modifications to get the feel such as increase tempo, add instruments (synths), or incorporate loops (especially drums). The styles in RnB, House, and Smooth Jazz are seriously dated. Why not styles based on BabyFace, Brian Culbertson, Brian McKnight, Boney James, or House Rhythms like Daft Punk? Nashville musicians are fantastic but they do not know this type of music. It shows in their patterns. Also there are very few real soul and Smooth Jazz patterns as it applies to music over the last few years. For examples a lot of the drum loops in those genres do not have the steady 8th or 16th hi-hat and the Jazz patterns in BIAB all have the rimshot snare. That's hardly used in Smooth Jazz today. There's also a genre that's gaining traction where it's Chicano Soul (that's what I call it) where it's incorporating 60's style guitars with a steady beat. Everytime I listen to a new style pak it sounds a lot like the others. However, if that's what your (current) audience wants I can appreciate that. I'm just suggesting a broadening of the styles which may help even more in growing your base. I'm still a fan.

+1 Very nice explained. Its really needed. Especially, I would like a substitute, so an A part came without the rimshot, but maybe with a more "open" style.
Hi,

I agree that we need more Style variation.

However much more important IMHO is new Real Tracks Artists who are not from Nashville and not Country nor Americana nor Celtic nor Khlezmer (whatever that is) based.

You can generate hundreds of new Styles yourself - you don't need PG Music to do this.

<b>What we need is exciting new Real Tracks!</b>
Having said that - two of my favourite Realtrack artists are from Nashville:

Chis Nole - Organ. I would love to have more realtracks from Chris including Solo Bluesy Organ and his piano playing (Rhythm and Solo)/.

Jack Pearson - Guitar. I would also love to have some more bluesy solo and rhythm realtracks by Jack.
Country has kind of become dominant. It seems to me that back in the day, Jazz and Blues were dominant but not in the RT era. And I’ve got more than enough Brent Mason tracks.
Country is cool and all, but yes.. please, some more modern, youthful and hip styles?
© PG Music Forums