PG Music Home
Posted By: Warren Keller C-Jazz/Smooth Jazz - 11/02/20 06:32 PM
Hi PGM, I can't thank you enough for how far BIAB has taken me as a producer and artist in the contemporary jazz genre, charting 4x in the past 18 months. I am, however, beginning to run out of RealTracks and would appreciate the opportunity to suggest ideas for new additions:

My biggest hangup is smooth and funk guitar. While I love the Dwight Sills and Brent Mason tracks, I could use much more. Some 'ES-335'-type smooth leads and rhythm ala Standring, Corlionne, Cooling, are desperately needed. Funk and smooth are very limited to, e.g. Michael Thompson's 1435 and 1436. These quickly stick out like a sore thumb because there are so few options. Precious few funk strums. IMO the Lettieri and Lanzetti tracks are not useful at all.

RealDrums and electric bass RealTracks are in pretty good shape. One addition that I'd love is a 5 or 6 string lead bass style, ala Gerald Veasley, Julian Vaughn, Canada's Brendan Rothwell. This is a tremendously popular sound today.

Keyboards are very well covered, with Maestro Lorber providing about everything I need. I could always use more of Jeff, particularly him, or someone on par with him on acoustic piano.

As a saxophonist/flautist, I'm covered, but I'd love a trumpet on par with Rick Braun, Cindy Bradley, Chris Botti. Ron King hasn't got it.

Thank you!!!

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: C-Jazz/Smooth Jazz - 11/02/20 11:55 PM
Nice recommendation, Joyce Cooling. And discerning to include Cindy Bradley with the more well-known names. Add Till Bronner?
Posted By: MarioD Re: C-Jazz/Smooth Jazz - 11/03/20 10:45 AM
A super big +1 for RTs and MIDI.
Posted By: MikeK Re: C-Jazz/Smooth Jazz - 11/20/20 02:05 PM
+1 for sure!
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: C-Jazz/Smooth Jazz - 02/06/21 11:33 PM
I have requested Smooth Jazz for a long time.....I really hope they listen and at least start tossing a set in every other time! grin
© PG Music Forums