PG Music Home
Posted By: NigelSpiers Solo Guitarists Playing Behind The Beat - 08/10/21 01:01 AM
Hi PGMusic,

I just tried to find a electric guitar soloist between 65 and 85 BPM playing in a Blues style i.e. behind a swung beat a la BB King, Joe Bonamassa, Eric Clapton, Christone “KINGFISH” Ingram, Buddy Guy and any other Blues guitarist.

But there are none!

They all play on the beat which just sounds wrong - a bit like asking a Country Guitarist to play The Blues!

What are your plans for this year in terms of new Blues Guitar Soloist Real Tracks - Artists and Styles of Playing?

Best Regards
Nigel
Have you tried to play around with the feature under Track settings - "Set Track Offset" - if I'm correct, this will make it possible to influence how tight or uptight a Real Track will play.
Hi Peter's Garage,

Thanks for your suggestion.

However using the offset will delay the whole soloist track. When you play/sing "behind the beat" you start a phrase on the offbeat but finish the phrase on the onbeat.

Maybe listen to some of the great Blues/Jazz/Soul/Rock performers sing like Janis Joplin, BB King, Bessie Smith, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Joe Bonamassa, Bonnie Raitt.

The slower the song i.e. 50 - 100 BPM the more a performer will sing behind the beat to give the song a Blues/Jazzy/Soul feel.

Best Regards
Nigel
© PG Music Forums