PG Music Home
Posted By: newbert Arranger Module Software? - 08/28/18 05:32 PM
Just wondering whether anyone here uses either an arranger keyboard or any "arranger module" software (or app)? By this, I mean something that has the capability of playing backing tracks based upon the chords you play on the keyboard in realtime? (AFAIK, BIAB doesn't have this capability, right?)

If so, how do you specifically use this capability to practice and improve your playing?

Thanks!
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Arranger Module Software? - 08/29/18 12:13 AM
I think RapidComposer has live keyboard input so whatever tracks you have in it it will arrange them to your chord input in real time.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Arranger Module Software? - 08/29/18 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By: newbert
Just wondering whether anyone here uses either an arranger keyboard or any "arranger module" software (or app)? By this, I mean something that has the capability of playing backing tracks based upon the chords you play on the keyboard in realtime? (AFAIK, BIAB doesn't have this capability, right?)

If so, how do you specifically use this capability to practice and improve your playing?

Thanks!

Perhaps +++ Audiotool +++ or +++ BandLab +++ will do what you need.
Posted By: newbert Re: Arranger Module Software? - 08/29/18 08:57 PM
Jim and Pipeline - I'm already using the "One Man Band Live" iOS app, but looking for specific tips on the best way to use this type of software to improve my keyboard playing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Arranger Module Software? - 08/30/18 03:38 PM
Originally Posted By: newbert

Thanks!

I just found out about +++ Captain Chords 2 +++ Captain Chords is a software midi arranger program. The program can be used in standalone or as a VST inside another music program. Both Mac and Windows versions are available. The program has more than 100 rhythm patterns, controls for the amount of swing (shuffle), guitar strum adjustment, 100+ built-in instrument sounds, melody plug-in, bass line plug-in and midi export.

Another software arranger program is +++ ChordPulse +++ More than 100 rhythms and the program is less than 6 megabytes. The program uses Windows built-in sound module and is Windows only.
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: Arranger Module Software? - 11/05/18 12:05 PM
You might want to check this out. I'm not a keyboard player (I play woodwind synth) so I essentially just use it as a Ketron patch manager for live access to upper banks (which is cumbersome to do on BIAB live.) I probably overpaid just for that function, but maybe when I retire, I'll work on my keyboard chops.

https://www.varranger.com/
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Arranger Module Software? - 11/05/18 06:04 PM
vArranger for PC (tons of styles available)

If you have ipad, look into: Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer. I believe it responds to chords in similar manner as keyboard arrangers do. Very clean and robust app.

Both programs are midi based.
Posted By: JBran Re: Arranger Module Software? - 03/04/22 04:19 PM
Try Xmure for iOS iPad iPhone and Mac with M1 processor.
© PG Music Forums